South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 06:15 AM   #1  
Mous

Smile Making Choices at the Beach DAILY 9/10

Yesterday was CHOICE day for me!

I went for my monthly card playing/lunch. Of course I WON!

I digress....

We were handed our menus and I thought. I knew that I had come here with the decision to eat healthy, but......

I went last so I could hear what the other 3 ladies were going to have.

I heard potato croquettes, fried this and that..........and chocolate moose cake.

MY turn!

I ordered salad with dressing on the side, steak, mixed veggies, steamed...a couple carrots/cauliflower/broccoli, and steamed new red potatoes, tea with little sweetner and NO dessert. ALL for $4.89!

I had to make a CHOICE .

Was it hard.....NO, it truly wasn't. I really wanted HA I only thought that I wanted those other things.....I honestly didn't.

I found that I was in CONTROL and that I was putting into practice my WOE and WOL on the outside world.

It was my CHOICE and it was a good one.

Later, one of the ladies brought donuts from my favorite bakery....did I have one???

Well, did I???

Did I have a bite?? She kindly offered me one.

Last chance...did I??

Grand-Daughter...did I??

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

I made the choice to say NO and stick to it. I know that the Lady that offered me the bite was proud of me.

So Ladies, friends and fellow Beach Beauties WHAT ARE YOUR CHOICES GOING TO BE?

Have a great day at the Beach.

Marcie
PS
I brought the donut home for my mommy. It will be a treat for her.

Last edited by LADY WINDSONG; 09-10-2003 at 06:19 AM.
Old 09-10-2003, 06:24 AM   #2  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Way to go, Grandma Marcie!

I am so proud of you for finding the inner strength to say "no" when everyone around you was giving in to temptation!

Now THAT'S a great example of thinking thin!

I hope everyone has a day full of good choices and feeling in control!
Old 09-10-2003, 06:31 AM   #3  
cranky & determined

Good Morning Marcie, Frannymae and later arriving Chisters!
Congrats on your good choices, winning your card game and choosing your grand-daughter!

I'm choosing to go to the gym, get some cross-trainer time in and take the Pilates mat class. Next week I'm adding another Pilates class on Monday.

SBD appropriate food choices will also be made today (by me, even ).

Have a great and rewarding day on the Beach, Chicks! :stribg:
Old 09-10-2003, 06:46 AM   #4  
In Control: E+R=O

Happy Wednesday on the Beach!!

Marcie, it sounds like you had a great day yesterday....a new granddaughter, win at cards, and healthy food choices!! You go girl, you're on a roll!!

Good morning franny and operadog!!

Choices....I choose to be a healthier me, one day at a time. Today I choose to do my new 1 mile WATP tape before work. I have a noon meeting today where I know pie is going to be served. I will bring along my own healthy dessert, I'm thinking a little white chocolate ricotta dessert would be good, and I will choose to eat that instead of the pie (french silk!!.....must.....be....strong..... )

Have a great day beauties!!
Old 09-10-2003, 06:58 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, girls!!

Marcie, congratulations! That is a huge hurdle!

Today I am choosing to go to the gym (ho hum), to start taking my vitamins (that I bought last week... haven't opened the bottle yet), and to get some meat out of the freezer RIGHT NOW so that I don't end up throwing a pizza into the oven this evening.

Hey Franny, Anna and Twodog!!

Have a wonderful day, all!!
Old 09-10-2003, 07:25 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Today I am choosing to try for a normal schedule.

Yesterday was very strange but I'm coping. Some details in my journal but they are depressing reading.

I'm trying to look at the bright side of life and methinks my Girls are going to be my saviours! This morning I cleaned out the fridge and dropped a bag of lemons and limes on the kitchen floor. There was instant joy and an impromptu game of floor hockey which got me laughing. They are so silly!

I'll be popping in and out to get a glimpse of sanity (THIS is sanity?) but won't be posting too much until I get my life re-structured.

Once again, thanks for all the support and good stuff.
Old 09-10-2003, 07:30 AM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, Ruthie... What a day you had. I wish there was something I could do for you...
Listen, it's never too early to cry. Have a good one, get it over with, and get on with your day. I love you, sweetie...
Old 09-10-2003, 08:15 AM   #8  
Imagine...

Good Morning all you BEAUTIFUL Chicks

Yay Marcie...way to go girl

Ruth~ hang in there sweetie, we are all behind ya

2dog, Ellis, Franny, Anna on the exercise!

My leg is mending so it shouldn't be long before I am back on the exercise track

Love, Hugs, & Smiles to all!
Old 09-10-2003, 09:43 AM   #9  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

good morning everyone

Lady - I wish I had your willpower all the time - sometimes I am good about it, but lately, i've been on a downward spiral.

I have decided to cut out the nuts entirely - they have been my true weakness, those along with the low-carb candy bars with all the sugar alcohols in them

trying to eat a lot more vegetables than i did the previous week.

It's crazy - the first 2 weeks i lost 9 pounds, did pretty well continuing through week 3 and then had a 3-day slip up which caused me to gain back about 5 pounds of those pounds...now i'm struggling because i want to eat all the time, but won't allow myself to have carbs (cookies/crackers, etc...) - so i ate a ton of nuts - big mistake

anyway, i know this diet will work, but i am having problems with the taste buds/motivation type of silly combination

Any advice??

Thanks!
Old 09-10-2003, 11:33 AM   #10  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Feeling crazed right now. had a good "Meet the teacher" night at the middle school last night and hoping it goes well tonight at the high school. My 13 year old has had a rough go of it (bullies) but a few things look promising this year. I said that at the beginning of last year though, so i hope things pan out this year. Was so hyped up last night I didn't get to sleep until 5 am, and I need to get to work today.....

Franny and 2Dog-YES!! I talk back to the TV and i'm PROUD of it!!!!! Actually, I think using humor works really well. It REALLY stops you from feeling sorry for yourself!!! I'm trying to teach this technique to my 13 year old too.....

Ruth-So sorry to hear how worrisome everything is right now. I know you know it, but I'm going to say it anyway...There is NO wrong way to feel right now. Fear, anger, sorrow, WHATEVER. Things are just plain rotten. Remember that you have a LOT of people who care about you, and hopefully that will help a bit.

Ellis-I have 600 loads to do too.....BUT I AIN'T DOING 'EM!!!!!

SFLAKE-Glad to hear that your leg is healing!!!!!

Marcie, Anna, Lucky and everyone else yet to come-HI!!! Hope you all have wonderful days.
Old 09-10-2003, 12:42 PM   #11  

Good Morning Beach peeps! I guess it is close to good afternoon!!

Doing much better than last week's carb fest..Have been completely on plan(phase 2), drinking lots of water, and even remembering to take my vitamins (thanks to Ruth for reminding me this a.m.) I have also worked out everyday this week. No exceptions, no excuses (Franny, are you proud?)

Dentrassi- I hope you get some sleep and your day gets less hectic..

Ruth- you and your husband are in my prayers..

Lucky- I totally can relate to the nut addiction and also for staying on plan most of the time and then relapsing with carb fest. Sometimes I even dream about chips and crackers..those CARBS are powerful..hang in there!!!

To anyone else I missed, Hi, and I will check in later.
Old 09-10-2003, 02:40 PM   #12  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

HI JACKIE!!! I blew off work today (OOPS!!) since I have to go get the kids in 10 minutes, take them to music lessons (Electric guitar-16 yr old, viola-13 yr old), make dinner and then go to meet the teacher night at the high school!!!
Hopefully DH will get home early and finish the music run while I cook dinner....

Sounds like you have been doing REALLY well!! Good for you!! I need to get back on track. I'm eating poorly again and not exercising.
Old 09-10-2003, 02:42 PM   #13  
Imagine...

Den~ sorry to hear your DS is having bully problems...ah you want we should go rough them up?
Closed Thread