South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 11:23 PM   #1  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Exclamation O.K........Now On To Phase 2!!!!!!?

Alright! I've been so good, and stayed OP for two weeks (only fell off the wagon 1 meal) and my total weight loss was 4 pounds.

I think I will ver-r-r-ry gradually try a little of Phase 2 beginning tomorrow. I get in an hour of exercise at the gym 5 days a week....so I will continue with that.

Tomorrow I believe I will try one piece of fruit (maybe some blueberries) and see how that goes. I think it will be a while before I add whole grains.

Do I remember correctly from the book that you should not eat any fruit until after lunch ? Is that for a particular reason? I think Dr. A. says it has an adverse effect on your blood sugar???

I really feel that Phase 1 helped me to begin the process of giving up "Bad Carbs" from my daily diet. Before SBD, I was eating so much popcorn, pretzels, and crackers. They are still sitting in my pantry......and I really don't even crave them!! This is totally amazing to me. Wish me luck!
Old 09-08-2003, 06:18 AM   #2  
Mous

Default High up in the sky...it's a plane for YOU

YOU DON'T need luck BECAUSE.....
You WILL do fine.

The fruit has sugar in it and Dr. A says it is best as a snack later in the day. You can try it in the morning and see if it sets you up for cravings.

Marcie
Old 09-08-2003, 06:32 AM   #3  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Whoo hooo, Deets is on Phase 2! Congrats on making it through the first 2 weeks of your new WOL! You'll do great, just take it nice and slow.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:00 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Good luck, Deets! I started having my fruit in the morning. Berries or dry apricots in my porridge.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:07 AM   #5  
In Control: E+R=O

Deets, congratulations on completing phase 1!! It sounds like you have a good plan for moving into phase 2. I also went slowly, starting with fruit, then added yogurt. Like you, I'm leery about adding grains, but I have started to have a little Uncle Sam's cereal (stirred into yogurt is yummy!). Just add one or two things, see how you do, and then try something else. If you find that a certain food triggers your cravings, drop that from your list of foods to eat for a while, and try something else.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:10 AM   #6  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

YAY DEETS!!!
Closed Thread