South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 12:27 PM   #16  

Hi Ellis...Hi Deets!!!

thanks for stopping by....

Deets...answers to your questions:

Multi grain I get from the deli here at work...I'm sure it's not low carb, but it's a good carb and fills me up all day w/o craving more.

I was on phase 1 for a couple of weeks...on and off that is.
I wasn't completely OP all the time, that's why I decided to start Phase 2 and at least have bread added to my diet. Knowing that I can add a carb a day has helped me alot this week. I've been less apt to grab something really bad. I know that my loss will be slower, but as long as I lose, I don't care how long it takes.
I'm learning this new way of life, and I like the fact that it takes into consideration that we are all human and that having a piece of cake or ice cream on your birthday will not scar you for life..

I also walk alot...at least 2 miles every day sometimes 2x day.
and I go to the gym for weight training... so I need to fuel my body...I've learned that along the way. It's funny to think that I never had a weight problem growing up and being from an italian family...there was no such thing as low fat anything!!
Once low/fat free were introduced....pounds packed on...I was eating way too much of that stuff..It wasn't filling me up..
So, I know that this is definately the way to go....

Latin dance huh? What a workout that must be!!

Anyway...thanks to all who have come by and for all the great movitational threads posted on this board...

Di
Old 09-05-2003, 12:45 PM   #17  
Imagine...

Hi Di you are a exercise Goddess I was the same way, I got fat eating pasta and other "good for you" foods. I love this WOE! I have never stuck with any plan for long, or seen such results until SBD that is. I am just getting into exercise with a commitment of 3 times per week min. Truth be told I am enjoying it.
Have a great weekend!
Old 09-05-2003, 03:51 PM   #18  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Di,

You have a terrific attitude! I love it!!

We all make mistakes...we're human...move on!

I love this board. We're all in this together!

Talk later...~Sharon
Old 09-07-2003, 08:17 AM   #19  

Height: 5'-2"

Hey, Di! What's up?
Old 09-07-2003, 10:33 AM   #20  
In Control: E+R=O

Hi Di!!! I don't know how I missed The Diana Thread earlier!! Too cool, your own thread! Glad to see you're still hanging in here! You're doing GREAT on your exercise, good for you!!!

You were asking about phase 1.5. It's kind of half-way between phase 1 and 2. From what I've read here and another site that I lurk on, I think people approach it in different ways. Some people just dangle their toes into the phase 2 water without jumping completely in, having one or two phase 2 foods (like fruit and yogurt for example). And some people kind of alternate from day to day....phase 1, then a day with some phase 2 foods, then phase 1 again.

I am sort of doing phase 1.5 by doing a combination of the above. I haven't added much in the way of grains yet, because I know they will be a huge trigger for me. I do eat a little Uncle Sams cereal mixed with yogurt once in a while, but that's it as far as grains go. I have added fruit, yogurt, and more beans into my diet, but don't eat them every day.
Old 09-09-2003, 08:06 AM   #21  
Imagine...

Just thought I would give your thread a bump and say hi
Old 09-10-2003, 12:14 PM   #22  

Thanks Sflake!!!

I've been swamped in work and have no time to get here...

Well, it's TOM...need I say any more
Not doing too well with the diet this week....auggghhhh...
I need a good kick.....

I haven't walked since Sunday...I usually do at least one 2 mile walk if not 2 per day....

Trying to do Phase 1.5...but i'm not being honest with myself and have been cheating just a bit too much....
I figure that I'll watch myself this week and after TOM go full force again...

Not being able to come here has made me realize how it affects what I eat....I tend to get off track.
Since I don't have access from home, the weekends have been tough..
I need you guys!!!

Di
Old 09-10-2003, 06:06 PM   #23  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Hi, Di....

I've missed you! Keep looking each day for your post.

I'm sorry you've been so busy at work. I am working on a little bit of Phase 2 this week, also. It's kind of scary. I know what you mean about having some "bad" days. I just keep telling myself that I have changed so many bad eating habits in just three weeks. That has to pay off in the long run. I'm eating healthier than I have ever eaten I think. Can't hardly believe I haven't had any of my favorite pretzels, popcorn, or crackers...or even bread in 3 weeks.

Keep up the great work, and try to check in so we can talk . I think it helps. You are doing great!!!!!!!

~Sharon
Old 09-12-2003, 12:25 PM   #24  

Hi Deets!!
Hi Everyone!!

Yes, it's still crazy in work...haven't gone out of the office for my gym time all week....and haven't been able to post...

But.....drum roll please.....even during this week of TOM....and not so great eating...
I HAVE LOST ANOTHER 1/2 pound!!!

Gonna try to post on the daily....

Have a great one!!

Di
Old 09-12-2003, 12:40 PM   #25  
Imagine...

way to go!
Old 09-12-2003, 01:05 PM   #26  

Height: 5'-2"

good for you, Di!!
Old 09-13-2003, 11:21 AM   #27  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Hi, Di!

I'm so proud of you!! We'll take any lose.....Right??

Keep up the great work on Phase 2. I added 1 cup of Kashi this morning. That's the first whole grain in 3 weeks!!! Kind of scarey! I had it with an apple for breakfast. We'll see????

Have a great weekend,

~Sharon
Old 09-18-2003, 04:27 PM   #28  

Unhappy I NEED TO BE HERE!!!!

Help!!!
I've been so busy at work...too many people around to post or read...and I've been slipping...

I had TOM last week...so the eating wasn't great
I also haven't exercised..no 2 mile walks, no gym during lunch break (cuz I've been working thru lunch, eating at my desk)

I've remained the same weight at least!! I haven't gained, which is a miracle in itself.

I miss you guys and can't wait til things slow down here so I can visit more often....

I'm trying to pop in and read some threads...but it's such a busy board now...

Hope you are all doing fine...
Miss ya,
Di
Old 09-18-2003, 05:47 PM   #29  
Imagine...

I'm in the same boat, have not been exercising but have maintained my weight. At least we have phase 3 down pat hehehe Hope things settle down soon.
Old 09-18-2003, 08:43 PM   #30  
Member Florida Chick

Didi: Just read your biography, and noticed you have been a plus sized model in the Boston Area. Did you by any chance run into another model named Maggie Self? She was doing some plus-size modeling there a while back. Now she has moved. But I know it is a small world and the possibility is there that you might have worked with her. My grand daughter. Just thought I'd ask,
Lizzie
Closed Thread