South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-26-2017, 08:28 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default Last August Weekend: 8/26-27

Good morning! Anyone up and needing coffee?

Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 08:33 AM   #2  

I know many of the chicks are very busy this morning but I thought I'd get us started.

We are cool and sunny today; I'll take it! I feel for those poor people getting slammed by the hurricane.

I created some work for myself yesterday: picked up a rose bush and a hydrangea to fill in some empty spots in the yard. Guess planting is now on today's agenda. lol I may also go get some mums although that would mean pulling the raggy petunias in the raised bed by front porch.

Ruth, I am sure you are busy picking up bread for the mill today.

Pearlrose, how was the game?

Debbie, thinking of you. Sounds like you and your siblings are making progress.

Jennifer, enjoy your time with DS!!

Have a good day, chicks.
Old 08-26-2017, 09:28 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I slept in this morning, felt good. Just made breakfast and enjoying it as I browse. The game last night was great, great weather and the band did great. Today not sure what is on the agenda other than cleaning and I might tackle weeding today. Tonight DD2 has her first job babysitting for the neighbors so I will stay home tonight in case she needs me.

Beth sounds like you finally have some nice weather, I know I am praying for all of those affected by the hurricane.

Have a great day everyone
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 08:28 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone!

Thanks for all your continued messages and kind wishes! It means a lot to me.

We continue to proceed forward. We met with the mortuary yesterday and will have a private burial Tuesday afternoon. Just us three kids. It looks like memorial is shaping up for Saturday, 16 September. Today we need to write an obituary to have to the paper. Then I think we just keep proceeding with tidying and organizing her home, which is now my sisters. My mom was a Stasher. Things of importance didn't go where they are to go, but rather where nobody would find them. Right now I'm just going room by room, going through bookcases etc. i'm a good sorter and organizer so it's a fairly easy task for me.

The weather has been nice and the doggies are doing OK. I still step on the scale every day and I was At ticker this morning so that is good. I would rather have indulgences that made the scale go up doing something fun rather than this. My weight and health are important to me every day.

So that is the news here. I'm going to enjoy coffee on the porch for a while. Have a great Sunday everyone!

Ps happy birthday Jennifer! A day belated I believe.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 08:48 AM   #5  

Good morning Debbie and chicks to come. I'm sipping coffee as well; wish I had a nice porch.....DH and I are having many conversations about leaving this house when I retire vs re-doing it. If we go with staying here I am DEFINITELY adding a porch on the front of the house overlooking my flowerbeds. We shall see.

I got my bushes and mums planted yesterday. I tossed the petunias but potted up the geraniums; I'll probably take them to school. Not sure what today holds but it looks to be pleasant and sunny.

Debbie, I am glad you are doing well. Sorting and organizing can be a good and somewhat mindless diversion.

Have a good day, everyone.
Old 08-27-2017, 09:16 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I slept in until 7:30 a.m. I have caught my DH cold so have been dealing with that ugh. Yesterday was spent cleaning and weeding and doing a grocery run and then spent the evening catching up on tv with a blankie. DD2 babysitting gig went well. I think I will stay close to home today and try and rest.

Beth I have a small porch and I cleaned that up yesterday but we have a nice size back deck. Enjoy your day

Debbie glad to hear that you are taking care of yourself. I agree organizing is a good skill to have

Jekel happy Belated Birthday glad you got to enjoy it with DS.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote