South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-29-2017, 07:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Last weekend of July 7/29-7/30

Whooo hoo slept in until 6!!!! Working 3-11pm today. Anyone care for a cup of coffee?
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 07:56 AM   #2  

Another month a summer in the books.

Pearlrose between you and Debbie I decided to do the demolition myself. Getting the toilet our was a struggle, but I did it. Apparently the toilet was from 1968!!! It served the house well over the years lol. I did learn my ex did not insulate the bathroom which explains why it is so darn cold in the winter. John is going to come over one night after work and sure up the electric. The light fixture was only supported by two screws in the sheet rock and the box it attached too was dangling between the studs. The GFI outlet was not mounted to a stud either. John said these are easy to fix and will take care of it for me. Yeah. Everything except the vanity has been removed. I am just not strong enough to loosen the water connection to the faucet. Joe said he would take care of it for me on Wednesday. Monday I will go toe Home Depot to schedule an estimate. I have one with a reputable contractor already by not until August 21st. It feels good getting some of the work done myself. It's been a while since I've tackled any home improvement projects.

It is nice relaxing this morning. I switched with the 3-11 captain today. It's his son's birthday and asked if I would swap tours with him. I couldn't say no since he made an awesome zucchini salad the other day for everyone to share at our bi-weekly commanders meeting. He made zoodles (green zucchini), cherry tomatoes, onion mixed with oilive oil, apple cider vinegar, a pinch of sugar and a packet of onion soup mix. It was really good! We try and have healthy snacks for our meetings.

Going to Joe's tomorrow but I told him I don't want to help with any projects. LOL. I'm wiped out from my own.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-29-2017, 08:53 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Jennifer and chicks to come! I also slept in until just after 7:00 and am feeling well-rested. We have a lovely sunny morning here which always perks me up.

Jennifer, great job on the bathroom demo and I hope your estimate comes in at an affordable number. I'm about to be overloaded with zucchini and have been reminding myself about about recipes. I made some zuc lasagna the other night; I might have to check Kalyn's list of top recipes. Enjoy your morning off.

Not too sure what is on the agenda today; DH finished mowing yesterday so we are somewhat caught up on the yard for now. Might make a BJs run.

We ate out last night, which means I'm up a pound this morning but I know lots of water and OP food which take care of that and I can keep ticking down. Seems like the weight is coming off more slowly this time but the scale is moving the right way.

Have a good day, chicks!

Last edited by Beth19; 07-29-2017 at 08:54 AM.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 09:08 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Jennifer, thanks for getting us started for the weekend! Your project is moving along quite well! The good thing about doing the demolition is there's no turning back. LOL

Beth, nice that your yard is mowed. I'm sure it's been difficult to keep that caught up with all the rain. Enjoy your day.

I'm on the countdown here. I need to pick my mom up and take her to her breakfast with her friends. Then I'm going to the top Street and retrieve my big vehicle to take to recycle. The house to the east has been rented for years. The owners came for three weeks and turned it into an Airbnb. They were so frazzled at the end I said I would take the recycling. Otherwise, I would certainly blow it off today. It looks like we have rain all day so I can cross mowing the lawn off my list. Oh well. I guess I will work inside today.

Back to work tomorrow. Have a great day everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 09:09 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I sorta of slept in lol, the cat woke me up at 5 a.m. this morning so I had to go give him some food but then he still wanted to come in the room and he was in hunter mood. I ended up sleeping on the sofa but slept til 7:30 a.m. It is nice outside, I think I am going to tackle finishing painting the back deck railings and be done with that project.

Jekel that is awesome that you are tackling the demo yourself, hope the estimate comes in at a reasonable rate

Beth glad you are getting great weather as well, enjoy your day

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 06:50 AM   #6  

Good morning

Pearlrose did you get the deck railings finished?

Beth what did you decide to do yesterday? Glad the scale is moving downward. I too drink extra water after going OP.

Debbie that is very nice of you to help your neighbor.

I managed to get all of the neglected weeding done before work yesterday. I called it speed weeding lol. Crossed a few things off my work to do list. Today I will make my grocery list, laundry and the usual weekly tasks. Possibly going to Joe's later, not certain about that. We rarely see each other. It just seems our timing is off lately. I'm actually getting used to not seeing him. I guess time willl tell what is in our future.

Time for another cup of coffee before getting the day in gear. We've been having some really lovely weather lately. Better enjoy it as we will be hot very soon. Have a great day.
Old 07-30-2017, 08:14 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Another beautiful morning here. I tackled the deck railings yesterday, now all I have left are the basement railings left to do. It took longer than I thought so decided to break it up. I also got the weeding done yesterday and cleaned the outside basement stairs of mud and leaves. Yesterday evening DD2 and her friends wanted to go to the mall so I took them and got DD2 an outfit for school, be here before you know it, they start back up August 15th.

Jekel glad you got your weeding done yesterday, enjoy your day.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 08:38 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

As always, we all seem to get a lot accomplished around here!

I got a lot of sleep yesterday. Almost 15 hours. Every once in a while I need to do that and regroup. I'm feeling good this morning. Heading off to work. I cleaned the poo in the yard this morning as I really need to try and mow the lawn if it doesn't rain before I get home. Have a great Sunday everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 11:38 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from the last day of Delta Fair which, despite 3" of rain on Thursday was a success and is looking very busy today.

My wee first cousin twice removed is arriving noonish to ride on the merrygoround and see his grandcousin judge the children's pet show which is always fun. I make sure that every pet gets a prize although it's a stretch sometime - last year a goat won a prize for most stubborn and a monarch caterpiller for a prize for "quietest pet". It's a fun event. After 3 we are going to the Lake for a Ross family birthday party. Maeve is my new great grandchild and turned 3 today.

Life has certainly changed around here. Tomorrow I get back to South Beach routine.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 06:04 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey everyone. Yesterday turned out to be a very quiet day of reading and resting. Today DH and I went to the mall. I bought a couple pairs of pants and some new workout stuff; DH got some tools. Still don't have new sneakers but back to school sales are starting so I will be on the lookout for deals. Can't believe its the end of July already!

Have a great evening, chicks.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote