South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 05:36 AM   #1  
Mous

Question Attitude Changes at the Beach DAILY 9/2

How has your change in attitude changed your life?

Your attitude plays an important role in how, why, when and what you do in your everyday life.

If you are keeping a food/feeling diary have you seen any changes?

Is your attitude better/worse at any given time during the day?

Are you handling these changes in a more positive way?

What can you do when you need an "attitude adjustment"?

My attitude about ME and life is still the same. I am a happy go-lucky person.
My attitude about health is vastly improved. I am eating healthy for the first time in my life.
I don't think about (whine whine) I can't have this or that. I think should I have this or that?
I am THINKING about what I put into my mouth instead of just eating it.
I am an informed consumer.

I can't believe it took me all these years to do this. My light bulb NEVER came on, I NEVER heard the "click" and I NEVER thought that I would be thinking "thin"!

My attitude is 100% improved. I am on the road to a better healthier life and people are now saying WOW! she has a great attitude about her WOL and WOE.

Dust off your attitude today and change it for the better.

You CAN do this.

We actually had S_N_O_W in the high country and it has been cool here. Sure feels like Fall. Can't wait to see Mother Nature change her colors for us.

Saved a little puppy yesterday. It had gotten away from her owner and REFUSED to be caught! At first I thought it was lost then a half block away I saw an older man (60+) away calling "Sadie" Do you think she wanted to be caught? It was a minature poodle real tiny. FASTER than the speed of light. Took me 5 minutes and 5 tries before I could pick her up. What a good feeling to have helped out this older gentlemen and of course Sadie.

Attitudes about dieting can and WILL carry over into your daily life.

Think about YOUR attitude today.

Have a nice day.

Marcie
Old 09-02-2003, 06:25 AM   #2  
cranky & determined

Good Morning, Marcie + later arriving Beachsters!

I actually saw the Doris Day movie the other day where she sings your tag line - what a cute film. Thanks for your attitude adjustment post - I usually adjusted mine via Happy Hour... but I'll start early in the day with just coffee, your positive post(s) and reving up to hitting the gym. God job catching the tenny tiny poodle puppy - you're probably moving faster than ever these days!

Fall is definetely in the air here as well - AND we have rain.

OK, gotta get going - I'll check back in with y'all later. Have a great day on the Beach, Chicks
Old 09-02-2003, 07:15 AM   #3  
In Control: E+R=O

Attitude, a little word that makes a big difference!!! You're so right Marcie, it's all about attitude. My attitude towards myself has been changing over the past few weeks, and to go along with that, I've noticed thatmy attitude about life seems to be changing for the better also.

Now....my attitude for today......heading back to work after a 4-day weekend.....well......let's just say I would love to have another day or two off!!

Please don't say that 4-letter word.....snow......it will be here soon enough I'm afraid. It's kind of sad to see summer end, fall is definitely in the air, but I have to admit that fall is really my favorite season.....cooler temperatures with a still warm sun shining in your face, the smell and the crunch of fallen leaves, the aroma of smoke from fireplaces in the air.....yep, have to say that I love it all!!!!

Have a Terrific Tuesday on the Beach Beauties!!!
Old 09-02-2003, 07:32 AM   #4  
Imagine...

Morning All

Rain here also and cool. My attitude about exercise has changed, big time. I now actually look forward to it. It used to be a BIG DRAG.

I survived the long weekend with a 1pound loss. I was quite worried as last night as I peeked at the metal monster and it said 6 pounds up. Wow a 6 pound swing over night. I'll take whatever I can get LOL.

Have a Wonderful Day!
Old 09-02-2003, 07:35 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, darlings!

Oh lordy... I'm so excited... first day of school. An entire DAY to myself! (must get DH to pack a lunch... don't want him dropping in and breaking my vow of silence )

Marcie, anyone who can catch a tiny poodle deserves an award.

Anna... Doris Day. How cozy. Have a great workout!!

Twodog, this is my favourite season, too. And it has NOTHING to do with school starting. I love this cool weather. My DH calls me his sweater girl. I actually had a sleep on the verandah the other day... it was so nice... all bundled up in blankets with my nose sticking out in the cold air.

Love and hugs to everyone today...
Old 09-02-2003, 07:36 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Hi Sflake! I missed you there... congrats on the loss! And DON'T weigh at night!
Old 09-02-2003, 07:38 AM   #7  
Imagine...

Hiya Ellis!...I'm with you, I just LOVE this time of year! Who cares about the rain, just bring on the fall colors and temps.

Have a terrific day alone :
Old 09-02-2003, 07:41 AM   #8  
Imagine...

Anna ~ There is a quote by Doris Day that I love it goes something like, "the bad thing about middle age is that you know you will grow out of it" I just love old movies, cuddled up on the couch with a blanket and a little nip in the air.
Old 09-02-2003, 07:48 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Ellis, underneath all your trappings of fame as a rock star, I think you really are a street person. Shall I bring you my old wire shopping cart on Saturday!

Marcie, my attitude is in the washer right now! Lucy lept into my arms when I was drinking coffee so my sofa slipcover is now being laundered. I hope my attitude will be pure and clean in an hour or so. I hope it doesn't shrink in the dryer.

Sflake, I have an attitude change towards exercise too - I am starting to enjoy it. I was born a couch potato by the way! It all goes back to being the last kid picked for teams in school - I hoep they don't do THAT anymore - and never seeing myself as a jock. Walking is helping to budge that bad attitude. Good work on the pound loss.

Operadog, I could never watch Doris Day movies. My bloodsugar always went too high! Actually, I think I saw every one of them - Saturday matinees at The Mayfair where 25 cents got you a double feature and another 25 cents got you popcorn. Nostalgia is not what it used to be!

Twodog, I love those parts of the Fall and am actually looking forward to garden and yard cleanup this year when I have two functioning wrists. I love those blue and gold October days the best.

Today is laundry day - after the slipcover is done - and I have an 11 AM dental appointment. This afternoon I will give Hershey a bath to get her ready for "work" tomorrow. Music starts then too so I'd better get something transposed or Morna will slap my hands with her baton! I live such an exciting life!

Now if the damned scale would just budge, I'd have my attitude cranked up a notch!
Old 09-02-2003, 08:36 AM   #10  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Changes in attitude, changes in latitude....My ode to Jimmy Buffett!

Boy, if you could bottle the feeling you get from positive changes in your life you could make a mint!

And you are so right, Marcie! Then changes spill over into all areas of your life. I even kind of like work these days! Speaking of lucky...good thing you were around to save that poor little puppy! A heroine in our midst!

operadog-rain here in Ohio, too. Yuck. Have a great workout at the gym!

2dog-I know the feeling...I head back to work tonight after 3 nights off...sniff, sniff. At least I missed the madness of the long weekend! I enjoy fall so much, but will miss summer.

sflake-congrats on the loss, and even more so on your newfound love of exercise!

ellis-Savor the silence! I too am home alone after a long weekend of family and friends. Now I just have to make the most of it. Ah, your nap on the verandah sounds heavenly!

Ruth-Former Couch Potatoes of the World, Unite! I have never thought about myself as athletic in the least. I always thought you either were, or you weren't...something you were born with. But I see now that attitude is everything when it comes to being active. I am really learning to appreciate my body and its potential.

This morning is a PTO Welcome Tea, then the rest of the day to myself. Sewing project beckons....Oh, and I have to help DS build a fort in his room when he gets home from school. Oh, and work out. I think I can manage my busy schedule!

Have a wonderful day, ladies! And enjoy your new attitudes...make the most of them and look for ways to take advantage of them!
Old 09-02-2003, 08:42 AM   #11  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good morning

Marcie~~Thanks for the reminder on how important our attitudes can be to us and others around us. Today my attitude is "dust free" and ready to go.

Ellis~~I know that you are singing "Oh happy day...." I hope today will find you relaxing on the verandah, curled up with a good book. And if you happen to close your eyes for a nap, that's even better.

Ruth~~ I'm sure that you attitude will be sparkeling clean within the hour. Dogs: gotta love em.

Sflake~~Congrats on the 1 pound loss

Anna~~~Great catch !! I'm sure you made that man very happy

2Dog~~I grew up in California, never really knowing what Fall was all about. But then I came to Georgia, and WOW what wonderful color. We are still in the 80's and HUMID.

Ohh, gotta run, the installers are here. Be back later.....
Old 09-02-2003, 08:46 AM   #12  

Good morning ladies....well, company is gone...yesterday was a wet squishey one and we all sat on the covered deck and watched the rain and the lake...they drank some beer and ate ham sandwiches. Really didn't bother me not too. I had diet pop and left over sirloin steak...can't get much better than that!! Saturday and Sunday was cloudy but we were able to spend most of those two days on the beach...everyone had a great time. My house is a total mess! I have sand, from the beach, on my tile. I am going to have a busy two days!! Next weekend is GD's 5th birthday...Texas here we come!!!
You guys have a great day on the beach...I am going to try to get my beach out of my house!!!
Love you girls!! Whimsey
Old 09-02-2003, 09:51 AM   #13  

What a great idea Marcie, thinking "should I have this or that" instead of "I can't have that" ... I'm going to try to incorporate that into my way life;

Ellis, I am also celebrating the first day of school, took the week off from work and am now absolutely ALONE in my house ... made sure BF grabbed his lunch on the way out the door so he has no reason to come home .... ahhhh, quiet!

Rainy, wet, cold ... going to the gym at noon to exercise for a while and then vegetate in the steam room ...

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!
Old 09-02-2003, 10:48 AM   #14  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Well, I have been off track for a while now, but did less damage than I thought. Up 2 pounds, and it is AMAZING that it isn't more!!! I'm restarting phase 1 because I have been off track long enough that I need to detox again. Was planning to get back on track anyway, but I ate potato chips yesterday and had a HORRIBLE stomach ache the rest of the evening. Made me REALLY want to get back on track!!!!

Marcie-WOW!! A puppy rescue! You made that man's day, and maybe saved the puppy's life. Good for you!!!

Anna-It is fall like here too. I have a hard time in hot weather, so it is a RELIEF to have the cooler temperatures. Fall is my favorite time of year, so I am looking forward to all the color changes and COOLER weather!!!!

2Dog-I'm with you! Wish I could relax a while longer!!!! I love my work, but still want to lay out with a book for a few more days.

Sflake-That is something I need to do....start exercising and start to LIKE it!!!
Congratulations on the 1 pound loss!!!!!

Ellis-ENJOY YOUR DAY SWEETIE!!!!! Your nap on the veranda sounds WONDERFUL!

Ruth-BUMMER of a way to start the day!! Good thing it was laundry day anyway, but who needs an extra load!!! sounds like you have a busy day. Hope you enjoy it despite the laundry!!

Franny-Sounds like YOU have a busy day too! I'm afraid my fort building days are over as my kids are now both ..... TEENAGERS!!..... but maybe I can get back into it with my nephew!!! (Okay, he is only 11 months, but soon enough!!)

Sil-How is your exercise room coming along?

Whimsey-Sounds like you are doing really well! Glad to hear it. I'm with you, I'd rather have the leftover steak than the ham sandwiches!!!!

Nikki-YOU and Ruth are the baking queens!!! 4 cakes?!? WOW!! How did the birthday party go?
Old 09-02-2003, 12:40 PM   #15  

I definitely need an AA meeting (attitude adjustment!!!)...how timely, Marcy.

This weekend I ate off plan at a bridal shower I gave, and my pity attitude has drifted into Tuesday. However, I picked myself up and headed to the gym this morning, where I got in a good workout!!!

dentrassi- I feel ya with the tummy ache following the potato chips. When I walked into the office this morning, my secretary told me I looked hungover. I responded, yeah from carbs!!!!

whimsey- It does sound like you are doing well, Congrats!!!

I have a client, so I have to run...but I will try to respond to the other chicksters later...have a great Tuesday!!!
Closed Thread