South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-01-2017, 07:48 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Weekend South Beach Chat, July 1-2

Good morning!

Rabbit rabbit rabbit !

I am up early. I have to travel this morning I have lots to do before then. Mostly, pick raspberries. My nephew is driving in tonight which will be fun. He was born in Colorado but has lived in Michigan for many years.

I had a great time with my sister last night. There is a golf course heading up towards Aspen which has a simple dinner special at their clubhouse every night. We've gone there for quite a while and we always go early. Of course, it sits right adjacent to the golf course and we always watch the many birds and golf carts driving around. I mentioned to my sister I wonder if you could ever rent the golf cart without playing golf. It always looks so fun. She's very friendly with the manager because she eats there a lot after treatments, so she asked. He went and talked to the pro shop and we got a golf cart no charge. It took us two hours to drive the entire course which was beautiful. At one point, it crossed over the road and the trail went back up into the hills. It was early in the evening so not too hot not too cold. It reminded me it never hurts to ask.

OK, I'd better get moving. Have a great start to the weekend everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 08:31 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

We have a busy day ahead of us, going to the Parade in St. Louis then coming home for a bit, DH wants to go to the baseball game just to get the ring giveaway and then we are off to 6 Flags to see Switchfoot in concert. Luckily I got laundry, vacuuming and bath room cleaning down yesterday so most chores knocked off.

Debbie sounds like you have a fun evening with your sister. Enjoy your nephews company

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 09:27 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks.

Debbie, what a fun evening with your sister! Thanks for the rabbit! Hope you find lots of berries.

Pearlrose, I don't really know what our plans are for the holiday. I would like to get DH to go see fireworks but I am not sure he will. I think this is the first year neither boy was home for the 4th; I could always get them to go with me!

We have rain here again. I think it is just going to be one of those summers! Seems like there must be a happy medium somewhere between the record heat/dry of last year and the cold/rain of this year. Whine whine whine. At least I have not had to worry about watering the garden.

Have a good day, chicks.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 12:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Happy Saturday chicks....been in and out this week, reading but not posting much...lol my mind is elsewhere.

Debbie glad your sister asked!!! Sounds like a beautiful course to drive around. Enjoy your time with your nephew.

Pearlrose sounds like you have a fun filled weekend planned.

Beth sorry your son's won't be home this year. The only time I've seen firework displays on the Fourth of July were when I was assigned to the details. Lol

I am extremely excited to be leaving Tuesday bright and early. I do have to kill 2 hours in Atlanta's airport until my mom's flight arrives. I've been there many times and always enjoy walking around it. I'm sure I can occupy my time. I'll post a picture when I can. I've been eating OP all week which has helped get my usually hormone weight fluctuation back down. I figure we will do a lot of walking next week so that should help me get re motivated to exercise with consistency this month. Some months are harder to maintain than others.

Hope everyone has a great day!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 03:42 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good afternoon and Happy Canada Day from the lone Canuk! It is still raining which is putting the kibosh on some of the Canada150 celebrations. I do hear music coming from the park but the Victorian tea party had to move indoors to Sharon's old Victorian mansion - gorgeous but a pig to heat! Sure don't need heat today since it's a very moist 82ºF here in the Great White North.

Yesterday's official move in went well with some of the big stuff and moving the rest of Bruce's "treasures" stuff is on hold until after the wedding when we catch our breath. We were at yet another family dinner last night - Christmas in June with turkey and the works! I'm still having problems remembering everyone's name but everyone seems quite friendly and wishes me "luck with that guy". One grandson said "Don't let him brucify you!" Hamish aka Hammy and his grandfather have been known to get each other in trouble.

Weight is still holding but I am being careful. Last night was a turkey dinner with all the extras but it was buffet style so was easy-peasy. Tonight will be fish and salad for me and the chips will be a small serving from the chip wagon on the corner which I have managed to avoid since it opened.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 05:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Hello!

Debbie - one of my favorite things about golf is riding around the in cart. Non golfers don't realize how beautiful courses can be. Good for you for asking.

Beth, I thought it would thunderstorm today but it blew over. We've been having a nice summer weather wise.

My sister and her husband are here. We went out for a boat ride this morning, we had a crab feast for lunch, swimming in the pool. They all went on the jet ski's now and are still out. I came in and took a shower. We're going out to a favorite seafood place today famous for their crabcakes.

We're going to golf tomorrow. I think for the 4th we may go to a friend who lives on the river where they set off the fireworks each year. It's just nice to have good weather, be outside, laugh and have fun.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 06:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning.

Amy I am glad you are enjoying the holiday weekend! Watching fireworks from your boat sounds really cool.

Allan Jackson has a strong called "It's 5 o'clock Somewhere." I know it refers to happy hour, but why must my body think on a rare day off when I don't have anywhere to be, I was up way before 5! LOL. At least there is plenty of undisturbed time to linger with my coffee. Today is bath, nails and teeth for Coconut (fun times lol). Pick up the car (someone forget to get it inspected bad police officer lol). Clean and laundry. Weight is good for my trip. I will bring an empty water bottle in my bag to refill after the check point. I don't know if anyone saw Tammys' FB post for Mexican Slaw. I made it and it is really good and super easy!!! Otherwise I may, I know I need too, get the flower beds weeded today. Tomorrow will be final packing and a mani / pedi for me (I like doing it myself). My son gave my a foot bath for Christmas. I picked out a cheap one at Walmart. Well he splurged on a really nice Homemedics Spa one and I LOVE it. I'll sit outside with it, possibly a glass of wine and a good book tomorrow. I do enjoy my simple life.

Have a great day!!!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 07:55 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Happy Sunday. We have the usual soggy morning. he dogs are getting webbed feet from dealing with the lake in the dogyard. We have never has a rainier summer and the mosquitoes are having a great time. Us humans? Not so much. They did set off the Canada Day fireworks in the park last night but the usual luxury boat ride to watch the show on the lake was cancelled due to t-storms threatening.

Church this morning and then some more shifting of "stuff" as Bruce the Packrat moves in yet more of his possessions. Yesterday his violins arrived and he scouted out the best location for acoustics. Turns out it's the upstairs hall so he played a lovely concert while I cooked dinner downstairs. Pretty darned nice - I can get used to this! Good thing the baby grand has been sold because it sure won't fit in the upstairs hall!

Still holding the line weightwise and am hoping to keep it steady this week. I see only one food event this week when we pick up my daughter at the airport on Wednesday. (We cancelled out on a strawberry social last night, a fish fry today and a BBQ in the Park tomorrow - the stat holiday for Canada Day!) I can't believe how many foodie events happen around here! Wait until the corn roasts start by month end. And then there's Delta Fair. Trying hard to make intelligent choices!

Salads are my friend these days but I am getting a bit tired of them. Salads at the community events are usually potato, bean, rice or (horrors!) concoctions with pasta, strawberries and marshmallows. Tricky eating even when served buffet style. And then there's pie! I swear the County runs on pie!

Not sure what the day will bring after Church and coffee but know it will involve more shifting of "stuff" now that most of the big stuff is moved in. Have to have all that done by Wednesday when my daughter and Bruce's sister Betty arrive late in the day. They don't know each other but happen to be on the same plane from Vancouver. Betty is recovering well from a hip replacement and may need a little help on the stairs but my dear daughter is a geriatric nurse and will help. That should keep her from nursing me. (She is constantly taking my arm to go up or down a single step - drives me nuts!)

Time to crank up the day and get tiddled up for Church. Enjoy the remains of the weekend.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 09:23 AM   #9  

Good morning,

We got home last night around 10 p.m. which wasn't too late after all of the day activities. Today my DH has lined up a ton of stuff to do, not sure I will be participating in all of them I do have to work on Monday. It is super sunny and I am sure already muggy out there.

Ruth glad you all had a good Canada day despite all of the rain.

Jekel have fun with all of your activities, Tuesday will be here in a blink of the eye.

Amy sounds like you are having a great visit with your family

Beth hope your DH goes with you to watch fireworks.

Old 07-02-2017, 09:29 AM   #10  

Good morning,

We got home last night around 10 p.m. which wasn't too late after all of the day activities. Today my DH has lined up a ton of stuff to do, not sure I will be participating in all of them I do have to work on Monday. It is super sunny and I am sure already muggy out there.

Ruth glad you all had a good Canada day despite all of the rain.

Jekel have fun with all of your activities, Tuesday will be here in a blink of the eye.

Amy sounds like you are having a great visit with your family

Beth hope your DH goes with you to watch fireworks.