South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-29-2017, 07:28 AM   #16  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!

I'm getting all sorts of stuff accomplished. Best, I got the control board for my oven boxed so I can send off today. As little as I seem to use my oven in the summer I do miss the convenience. So happy to know that these boards are fixable....in all appliances. I may try the washing machine next.

Leave at 7 to take mom to eye apt then over to Glenwood. I've pulled out some seeds and have been saving coffee grounds. Bugs ate the spaghetti squash and I don't know if they're going to make it. I think I should have some ripe raspberries. It's pretty hot over there. Something to look forward to.

Have a great day everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 07:29 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

Ruth - is the wedding this weekend?! I just love that Bruce is out there inviting folks, so sweet.

The weather has been beautiful here, we went out golfing yesterday. My sister and her hubby are coming for the long weekend so that should be fun. We'll go golfing, boating, swimming in the pool. I have crab traps out now trying to wrangle some in. I'm fattening them up in the holding tanks for the weekend.

I made the best dinner last night - from the SBD cookbooks - one was green beans with cucumber salad with red onions sauteed in evoo, red wine vinegar. Yummy. The other was pork chops with red onion, orange and rosemary. I love it when I knock it out of the park. What I like about the sbd cookbooks is how fast and easy it is to make their recipes, and it's things I would never think to do on my own.

I'm going rogue here ladies - I've been thinking about how I eat, how Americans eat, etc. I have to believe that it's the processed foods and sugar that are doing us in. Can something in it's natural state be really bad? Compared to processed? So I've been googling a little, and I realize you can research and find evidence to support anything, but apparently with potatoes, if you cook them, let them cool and reheat them they end up having the same effect which name I forget that gives it extra soluble fiber - like steel cut oats. So I think once a week having roasted potatoes if I feel like it is not the end of the world. Last night I made fingerlings, put a little olive oil, rosemary and sea salt and roasted them in the oven. I measure 4 - 5 oz so I don't go crazy, but it's actually quite enough. So to me it's like avocados - they're good, but be careful on your serving sizes.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 08:30 AM   #18  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning chicks.

I had a great day of weeding, trimming and pruning yesterday. I still have one section of my perennial bed that needs attention; that is the section I am thinking of re-working. Today we have rain so I will plan some indoor cleaning, plus I have some prep to do for summer school next week.

Ruth, sounds like you are crazy busy but the wedding plans are in place. Box lunches for the extra guests is a good idea, lol. Tell Bruce it's his job to hand them out to the extra people he invited!

Amy, I agree that you have to figure out how to juggle reality and SB for the long haul. Sounds like you have figured out a way to manage potatoes. I don't miss them much but there are other foods I eat in moderation.

Debbie, sorry to hear the bugs ate the squash! My battle this year seems to be with the rabbits.

I've got to take out the garbage. Have a good day, chicks.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 08:36 AM   #19  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Starting from home and then going into work. Went to do my yoga through youtube on the wii and alias no longer supported and was unable to watch. So I guess I will have to use my laptop for my yoga. I just did my yoga for my back (now it by heart) for this morning. It is getting muggier by the day, I ended up not going to watch the show but DH took DD2 and 2 of her friends and they had fun.

Debbie glad to know you can send it off and get if fixed.

Amy I do believe that is the problem is that there is so much processed food and drive thru's that are making modern society fat. I believe in eating real food so that includes all veggies and fruits but I do watch GI index and try to steer clear of the higher ones. I switched to real butter versus margarine and only use Grapeseed oil, olive oil or coconut oil to cook with.

Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 08:42 AM   #20  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Rain, rain, go away
Because it's schoolwork pick-up day!

..... and I'm not looking forward to lugging boxes of schoolwork from the schools to the car and then into the Fair Hall! However, it must be done and I have a goodly supply of plastic bags and drop sheets so ... Methinks I'll bite the bullet, just do it and leave it all in the car to be carried into the Fair Hall when the rain stops. (It has to stop, right?) I did buy some veggie plants for my renovated raised bed and would much prefer to be behind the barn planting them.

Aside from schoolwork pick-up today, Bruce's four strong sons are going to be here tomorrow morning to move furniture around so we can convert my sewing studio into the master bedroom on the first floor. I still will have a sewing spot but it's upstairs in the smallest bedroom, the room I slept in when I was a little girl visiting my grandparents. Strange the way life works out!

Time to get this day in gear. We were scheduled for a strawberry social this evening but decided to opt out and relax. The social whirl is becoming tiring and we have another out of town dinner party tomorrow night. Beam me up, Scotty!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 06:42 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

I got up way too early this morning. I'm sore from yesterday so I think I just couldn't get comfortable. I went shopping yesterday for our trip to Iceland. What a thrill to just know I'm a size 12 and I can find things everywhere in my size. It was many years agonizing over it. However, it's not like there are a lot of winter clothes out there! Today we're going to REI to get some "gear" for the weather. The only downsize in losing so much weight, I literally don't have a closet of stuff to pull from that will do. One size is one thing but going from a 1x to a 12 makes the winter clothes unwearable.

The heat is really supposed to crank up this weekend! I'm having my sister and hubby down so hopefully we all won't melt outside.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:36 AM   #22  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

A long day yesterday, but I made it to Glenwood. I was welcomed by lots of raspberries that need picking and my for squash plants that are being eaten by bugs. A long day yesterday,. My friend and I went to my favorite organic farmer and they confirmed flea Beatles. diatomaceous earth is the answer and I've already spread it. I bought a few new plants to put in, as well. This morning it is picking raspberries then going to the pool.

Amy, what a wonderful thing to not have any clothes in the closet to wear. I'm still a size 14 but will never forget the joy of getting rid of all the 1x 2x clothes.

Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:37 AM   #23  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It was already 72 degrees when I went for my walk at 6 a.m. this morning, needless to say I came home drenched in sweat. Today is wfh, was hoping for a quiet day but had a 2 hour meeting added to my schedule yesterday at least they included a webex so I don't have to go in again. Eating is still op but I can tell I am going to start Tom next week craving chocolate.

Amy isn't it great being able to shop in the regular clothes section so many more choices.

Debbie we were posting at the same time yum for raspberries!

Last edited by Pearlrose; 06-30-2017 at 08:38 AM.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 03:29 PM   #24  

Height: 5' 5"

Afternoon, chicks.

Amy, how awesome to be able to shop in the regular section! Hope you find the right things to take on your trip.

Debbie, I planted my broccoli 3 times this year;I think it was rabbits that did the damage. I got some tiny plants from the school greenhouse and hope they survive. Enjoy your berry picking!

Pearlrose, Wednesday was an outside garden day but we had rain yesterday and again today. It will be exercise inside for me. I don't even need TOM to be craving chocolate. lol

I bought some low/no sugar needed pectin and am playing around with making strawberry jam. The berry season is so brief I want to capture the flavor! Has anyone tried jam? Do you use artificial sweetener or just less? The pectin box has a recipe that makes 2 jars at a time so I think I will try both artificial and maybe coconut sugar.

Happy Friday everyone.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote