South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-31-2017, 07:45 PM   #16  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey chicks! It was a sunny day today and I was able to squeeze in a walk between school ending and a 4:30 meeting. I've having fun watching the numbers on my fitbit.

Debbie, wounds like your projects are going well.

Ruth, I might have to make another round of rhubarb-jello myself. The batch I made this weekend is gone (only used the 4 serving jello packet)

Pearlrose, my only comment is "ouch!"

Isa, I think eating less sugar really helps with energy levels. It also prevents the insulin spike and crash.

Can't believe it is already Wednesday evening. Four day weeks are awesome.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 07:01 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 263/214/157

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning chicks! How is everyone? I am back on the beach after a long break. It is time to get serious! I got my account reactivated and will try to catch up a bit before time to leave for work.
Ohio Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:19 AM   #18  

Height: 5' 7"

Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit

Good morning and Happy June,

It is a beautiful sunny day here, wfh as well. I need to call my doc as they have not called with MRI results yet. Have several conferences calls on my agenda and that is about it.

Welcome back Cindy

Have a great day everyone
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:22 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Happy 1st of June!

Kids are out of school, so i need to find stuff to keep the boys busy and myself sane They wake up at 6am today so it is going to be a long day. Now, I'm finishing breakfast and then heading to the gym and the boys will be in the pool while I workout. After lunch I will be taking them to the library to get some books and then run a few errands. That is pretty much for us today.

Welcome back Cindy.
Pearlrose, hope you get your MRI results today.
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 10:02 AM   #20  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Welcome back , Cindy!

I'm already sitting at the docs office in Denver. Mom just needs a quick stop at Costco so I should be able to mow the lawn when I get home before I leave for Glenwood. I have a chiro appt near Aspen at 5:45 this eve. My back will appreciate that!

Happy June, and thanks, Rose, for our Rabbits!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:47 PM   #21  

Good evening, chicks and hope everyone had a good day. The predicted rain did not arrive so I was able to do somee weeding and pruning in the flower beds this afternoon. That is one of the things I was most looking forward to with the fitbit: figuring out when my daily life counts as activity even when I am not "exercising" per se. Yes, gardening does count.

Pearlrose, hope you got your results back.

Debbie, did you get the lawn mowed? This is a crazy time of year for grass-growth!

Isa, I remember those days too well. I was the mean mom that made my kids read books and continue music lessons in between summer camp. lol Hope you had a good day.

Welcome back, Cindy. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Need to get dinner started. Rabbit, rabbit everyone!

Last edited by Beth19; 06-01-2017 at 05:47 PM.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:23 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Evening chickadees

Welcome back Cindy. It's nice having new chicks to help keep us old birds on track (hint to myself get your act together)

Today started early with a table top exercise for the Belmont. Took the new chief on a walk through which really helped me get my steps in. Although my girlie hormones are wiping me out. Fell asleep in the yard and later on the couch. I know this also explains my over eating and poor choices the past 3 days. Healthy food already for tomorrow and will go for a bike ride after work (no excuses). I bought a cute sun dress last year and plan on wearing it to my son's graduation. I think I will wear a light weight shrug over it. The top shows a little more skin than I am comfortable with. I did get a really cute pair of red flat comfy closed toe sandals to go with it. There is no dress code, but they suggest dressing for church. My dress is navy blue, red shoes and a white shrug lol pretty patiortic.

Have a great night!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:00 AM   #23  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good TGIF to all. Having problems and no time to figure out a fix.
Scrolling doesn't work and I am getting only half a screen display.
Had this before but forget the simple fix! Most frustrating.
Back later.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:47 AM   #24  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It was a beautiful morning for a walk outside this morning. Today is another wfh and not too many conference calls but I am working on end of month reports. We went and saw Wonder Woman last night, I enjoyed it. Got a call from nurse regarding finger, still waiting for them to call back with MRI results.

Ruth hope you get if figured out.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:41 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Happy Friday Chicks!

It seems like this Summer is going to be a long Summer. Yesterday, I got my DS2 swim team summer schedule and he will be practicing pretty much everyday fro 7am to 9am This is going to be fun, DS1 has Calculus Project from 8:45am to 1pm, so I guess I will have to drop DS2 and head back home to take DS1 to school. I'm going to have to modify my exercise schedule and try to go to the gym in the PM instead of AM or keep DS2 in the pool for an extra hr while I exercise, will see how next week goes.

Beth- DS2 is a little book worm, he loves to read and is always begging for new books to read DS1 loves school and he is super excited that he was offered the Calculus project so he could stay in school during summer. He feels out of place when he is not in school or playing video games

Jennifer- The white shrug sounds like a great addition to your outfit. When is the graduation?

Pearlrose- I really want to go see Wonder Woman, but I think my boys are going to want to see Captain Underpants first, so maybe I will have to wait another week

Have a great Friday ladies!
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 12:10 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Ahhh lunch and check in time.....

Isa graduation is July 6th. I'm super excited!!! It can be challenging juggling kids' schedules and your own. Hope you find a happy medium to get everything done.

Pearlrose I didn't even know Wonder Woman was in theaters. LOL I had a WW bathing suit when I was 7. LOVED her!!!

Ruth when is the big day????

So happy my buddy John was cleared to come back light duty starting Wednesday. Totally selfish of me, but I have missed him and it will be nice to lessen my daily responsibilities. He stopped by my house to borrow my pressure washer. I had to laugh as he commented on how organized my garage is. Glad someone noticed besides me lol.

Just another work day. Scale was WAY, WAY up from my poor eating. Scale started going down this morning. Figure it will take a week to undue the damage. Going to get my butt in gear and go for a ride after work no matter how much my body craves a nap. Hormones I will defeat you!!!! Lol

Have a great day!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 05:03 PM   #27  

Good afternoon chicks. I am glad this is Friday as it was a long week with extra meetings and end of year stuff. I told DH that next fall he has to make me practice saying "no!" when I am asked to do extra stuff. Maybe my problem is that I have too many opinions.....lol

Jennifer, I would love to do a purge and organize on the garage but that is DH's territory and I wouldn't dare. Glad your buddy is ok and coming back to work. I don't know whether to blame stress, hormones or time of year but I've been stuck at about 3 pounds too much for a couple months. I don't suppose being sick last week helped since I did no exercise. All I can do is begin again.....again.

Isa, I remember those days too well! Trust me, in no time you will turn around and they will be all grown up.

Ruth, technical problems always frustrate me also! Hope things are going well.

Pearlrose, glad you enjoyed the movie.

We are having cold and rainy weather today. About the only plus is that we haven't spent time watering the garden this week.
Old 06-03-2017, 08:22 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 263/214/157

Height: 5'2"

Talking

Good morning chicks!
Time for coffee here. I have been trying to access this page with my smart phone but that doesn't seem to be working very well. I had gained some weight back over the holidays and went on Atkins in March. I lost 11 pounds since then but now that the weather is warming up and there is fresh fruit and veggies available I really wanted to be able to enjoy them and decided to head for the beach! Life is just too short to deny oneself the pleasure of fresh berries and melon! I would rather lose weight a little slower and enjoy my food more. Since I have been doing Atkins for so long I thought it would be OK to start at phase 2 on the South Beach. Today we are going to pack our camper and get it ready for a camping trip next weekend. The sun is shining here and it looks like a beautiful day! I hope you all have a lovely day!
Ohio Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote