South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-24-2017, 08:01 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

good morning,

No headaches yesterday, yay! Dh had to flight to Georgia for work last night, so I'm back to my morning routine. Right now I'm enjoying a cup of black tea...I need to have some caffeine then I will be dropping the boys at their schools and going to the gym. I have no much in my agenda today, clean the house and bathrooms and I need to go back to the store because I forgot DS2 favorite juice and I might buy a roast to cook for dinner tomorrow.

Beth, my husband says the same thing about colds, I hope you are better today.

Ruth, wow, your daily life seems super busy but with lots of fun. My is very monotonous and boring. Have fun tonight at Claire's dinner.

msgooch, that's great, he must be very happy. I'm also happy for you that he won't be too far from you.

Debbie, we must to post at the same time Having time for us is so important, enjoy your meeting tonight!

Hope everyone has a fantastic Wednesday!

Last edited by Muffin; 05-24-2017 at 08:04 AM.
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 08:40 AM   #17  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is going to be a cooler day today in the 60s, I will take it as long as the sun stays out (supposed to have some rain). Back is slowly getting better each day, clean eating and lots of water helped me swoosh the 4 lbs of water weight I was retaining and so on to day 2 of strict eating. I slept through an issue at work last night, wasn't needed so all is good.

Ruth you need some strong men to lift your furniture up to second floor. Have a great week

Debbie glad you found a chair for your mom, you definitely need me time

Beth hope you feel better soon

Isla I try to stay away from caffeine as much as possible but I have been drinking green tea

Amy congrats on your son, my DDs are trying to lose a bit before our cruise in August so I have buddies too

Jekel hope work is going okay for you

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:54 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! Looks like I'm the early bird today. It's pouring rain here right now. We have skylights in our bedroom so while most people apparently find it soothing to listen to the rain, it just wakes me up. I'm sure my plants are all happy though. I know rain is way better for the herbs and veggies than my watering them. Today I'm taking my daughter up to meet my decorator to help her finish her room. She's had the same furniture since she was little, and literally any day could be the last with that bed - lol. I have another guest room she's helping with as well. I have 0 skills knowing how to pull things together, I just know what I like when I see it done.

I have to go away next week for work to Myrtle Beach. While it will be nice to get to spend time at the beach, I know going away is my downfall. I just lost the weekend weight today! It's not even necessarily how I eat, but that I'm eating out where I can't control the salt, I'm not exercising like I do, and I swear the plane makes me retain as well. But as I think of it as long as the weather is okay I do enjoy walking on the beach.

I tried some beach body workout video yesterday. I'm just too old for that crazy stuff. I'm working my way up on the resistance training, I need to find a few more exercises to do - hubby is off for a work trip so I'll hit him up when he gets home. Today I'm trying a tabata workout on the peloton bike. We'll see if I stroke out on that one. Apparently it's a 2:1 work/recovery exercise. I'm back at the weight I was last Friday, it's time for the push to the next decade!
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 08:32 AM   #19  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Amy, good for you trying all the different exercises. I went to Zumba once- it was not my thing. Myrtle Beach sounds good! I hear you on all The Hidden salts when we eat out.

I tried to sleep in a little bit. Kirk's daughter is coming today around noon. We are supposed to have rain tonight so I'm going to see what else I can get in the ground. I got all my potatoes planted yesterday. I also got my beds filled with new soil in the greenhouse. My cucumber seeds are soaking I will plant them this morning. All this means I need to work on getting the water system set up after the hard freeze last week.

Kirk had some crummy news last night regarding his new outboard. It seems they make them a lot bigger now and no outboard which has enough power for what he needs will fit on his boat. Last night he was just thinking the heck with all this and felt like coming back home. We will see what today brings.

OK I guess I will get moving. Have a great day everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 08:50 AM   #20  

Good morning,

Woke up to a sunny cool morning but it will get up to mid 70s today. Have my MRI scheduled for today hopefully no call to reschedule. Back is almost 100% just have one tight spot so still working on it. Scale moved down today, amazing what clean eating does. I do have a headache but know by tomorrow it should be gone.

Amy I look at some of those exercises and just can't do them anymore, I like more gentle movement but still break out into sweat.

Debbie sounds like your garden is getting ready to explode

Old 05-25-2017, 11:30 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Checking in from a working lunch lol....

Debbie sorry to hear about Kirk's motor issues. What a bummer. Hopefully he will find a solution.

Amy I cant do "jumping around" type exercise anymore. My body doesn't like the jarring motions. It is great that you are trying different types of exercise.

Pearlrose clean eating does wonders. Good luck with the MRI.

It's cold, wet and dreary here. My scale is doing its normal monthly fluctuation this week. I had two back to back days of grazing (I grazed for an entire herd lol). Yesterday was back in control. Scale is hovering at goal but by next weekend I should be under again. I've been excessively tired this week, again hormone / weight pattern. I just wish menopause would hurry up and get here already. Lol

No big plans this weekend. Having dinner on Tuesday at Joe's parents for his birthday. That will be a big unhealthily carb fest. So I commit to clean eating this weekend even with my niece's one year birthday party Saturday. Well I better get ready for a conference call at 1 UGH.

Hope everyone has a great day!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 04:57 PM   #22  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon chicks. I am still fighting this cold; sore throat, no voice, etc. I came home from school at lunchtime yesterday to take a nap but made it through the day today. The strange thing is my weight has gone down this week even though I am not exercising at all. All I can think is I am guzzling tons of water and perhaps that is flushing out water I was retaining??

Amy, I agree; I can do low impact type aerobics but no real jumping around. My fall back exercise is walking.

Jennifer, it's cold, wet and dreary here too. We planted some of the garden veggies last weekend; no need to water today!!

Debbie, hope Kirk can figure out a solution that works and that he had a better day today.

Pearlrose, glad the back is doing better. Hope the MRI helps diagnose your problem.

Have a good weekend, chicks.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 08:41 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Beth I hope you feel better soon.....I haven been very tired as of late. Took a 2 hour nap after dinner. This should make trying to go to bed a challenge tonight lol
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 07:14 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone!

Beth, I hope you kick this thing quickly! Maybe the long weekend will give you some needed rest.
Jennifer - You know you're tired if you can lay down and fall asleep that long. Hoping you did get to sleep last night.

My husband got home late last night from his business trip. I was hoping to be boating and swimming and doing outside things this weekend, however the forecast remains rain, lightning, thunder, etc. I'm going to a friends birthday party at a restaurant tonight and another friend is having a small dinner party tomorrow night. I'm happy to see friends and all of that, but eating out is so difficult when trying to lose weight.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 07:50 AM   #25  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from rinse and repeat Delta! The sump pump has finally shut off after running off and on all week. Very discouraging to read the same rainy forecast for next week although the weekend forecast looks good. Very pleased about that as it's the big weekend of Bruce's birthday party at the Fair Hall tomorrow and then the ordination of our minister on Sunday.

Been doing heavy thinking about our silly schedule and have already made some changes. Bruce will no longer accept invitations for both of us without checking with me and vice versa, of course. I have opted out of tonight's dinner invitation because of a "previous" commitment - my commitment to an evening with my dogs and a book. I am stuck with the full weekend schedule but next week will be better.

Don't fret, Beachies! I'm from tough Irish pioneer stock and can deal with a stubborn Scot preacher! I did get the planter barrels done at the Mill this week ready for this big Doors Open weekend when all roads lead to Delta and the 90th birthday of the very Reverend Doctor Bruce Ross whom everyone thinks is barely 80!

I may even unplug the phone for the day and maybe get the porch and deck flower baskets planted and the laundry caught up. Simple pleasures - without having to be social and make polite conversation with ex-parishioners.

Not to worry if I'm not around over the weekend.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 08:26 AM   #26  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Busy day with DD here, hubbys woes, extra dog and guys coming to start a rock project. Rock project is new. I asked last week and they were willing. They just had a small opening before starting real jobs next week. Exciting but I have to dig a forsythia and a lilac out this morning. More coffee and off to work before they show at 8 with rock. 4500 pounds needs to be unloaded quickly because of road project.

Ruth, a nice solution that Bruce asks before committing you. Sorry about rain.

Beth, colds so late in season are a real pain.

Amy, sorry weather isn't cooperating with weekend plans.

Jennifer, hope you continue to get rest.

Rose, I hope MRI went as scheduled.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 08:30 AM   #27  

Good morning,

So glad it's Friday. I don't have much on the agenda today other than a couple of conference calls, I imagine it will be slow today. The forecast for us is rain this weekend but Monday looks good. I need to color my hair today and still doing my back exercises but it feels 95% better. Waiting to hear from doctor regarding MRI results.

Amy I know eating out is so hard, we went to the movies last night and DH was like we could get something to eat on the way there and I turned him down to make a healthy meal at home and even resisted the popcorn at the movies.

Beth hope you feel better

Ruth glad you put your foot down regarding the schedule, it's how me and DH work, he wants to do too much and I do not, so he goes with friends to some events and I can enjoy time at home.

Old 05-26-2017, 10:42 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Happy Friday chicks,

I thought I posted yesterday, I wonder where did I posted LOL.

Last night was DS2 5th graduation, he was very happy because he received an excellence award. Next Tuesday will be 7th grade Day of Excellence for DS1, he is very happy because he will be receiving an award for having As in all his classes all year long. I am super proud of him, it's is not easy to keep As every single quarter, his lower grade is 96.8. Today, I have no much in the schedule, I just got back from the gym, I need to call a chiropractic to schedule an appointment for my lower back pain, my GP thinks the chiro can help me better than the physical therapist, will see.

No much plan for this weekend, DH wants to make BBQ ribs and potato salad on Monday, which sounds great, but last week I decided to ditch all sweets, carbs and processed foods from my diet. So I need to be creative and make a rub with no added sweets and free of GMOs for the potato salad I will be making my own mayo and will just have a bit with grilled veggies.
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote