South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-06-2017, 07:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Default The weekend of May 6 & 7

Good morning!

Hoping I'm not too presumptuous starting the weekend thread!

I've lost a pound and a half of the 3 I gained while I was gone.

We went to a party last night, I had on a really cute dress and felt great. I saw a bunch of people I haven't seen in months so it felt like my "after" party on the makeover shows.

Today is a desperately needed off day. The exercise bike is a bit rough on my bottom. Tomorrow I'm going to start learning how to do weight training, luckily the machine goes down to 3 lbs! I figure I have lots of opportunity for improvement.

Taking hubby shopping this morning for some sports jackets. He also lost so much he needs so new jackets.

Hope everyone has a great day!
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 07:57 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

The cat and DH woke me up this morning so much for sleeping in. I did go to bed at normal time so got enough sleep. DD2 had fun at her dinner dance, she was excited get her nails and hair done. She spent the night at a friends house they had a group sleepover. I will go pick her up this morning. DD1 and I want to do a hike this morning as well, we found some trails to do by the lake, will have to see if they are okay or too muddy. We officially got 9 inches of rain in 6 days and some places got 12 inches of rain. Today should stay dry for the most part. I also need to do a grocery run out of op foods.

Amy that is awesome that you already lost most of the weight. The shorts should help out a lot.

Jekel great pic of DS

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 08:17 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Amy and thanks for starting the thread! (no, you were not being presumptuous) Sometimes I look and if there is no new thread I decide to come back later. What a great feeling that must have been to go to the party with people you haven't seen for a while. Sometimes it is hard for the people we see daily to notice the incremental changes. And I'm glad you are seeing the scale move down; like I already said, most of us here are looking at this as a long term WOL so we acknowledge there will be ups and downs.

Pearlrose, even if I don't sleep in I enjoy waking up and knowing it isn't a work day. Glad DD had a good time. I hope your hike works out; we have rain in the forecast for another week, I think.

Not sure what is on the agenda today. Laundry, maybe groceries and cleaning. Pretty much the normal weekend niggles.

Have a good day everyone.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 10:46 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

This is one very wet part of the world this weekend.

We are drowning up here with more rain expected although the lakes are overflowing. The water is deep enough for wee Millie to swim in the north-east corner of the flooded dog yard. My sump pump is trying hard to keep the basement clear but it seems useless as the water gets pumped out and then flows back in a different way. The highway through the Village is flooded and closed to traffic but I need to get some groceries for tomorrow's lunch when a crew come to tackle Bruce's apartment to get it ready for packing up for moving or sale. Four strong sons and assorted teen grandkids should be able to pitch and pack.

Been feeding Bruce supper the past couple of weeks and that is playing havoc with my eating plans! The man can devour carbs (including pie) and never gains an ounce. I may just give him what he wants and make sure I eat properly but it's going to be hard. Too darned many social events that we both must attend. Skipping a fish fry tonight as I just can't hack any more-mega meals. Next week has a breakfast meeting, a community "lunch" and then Amy's Wedding on Saturday. This being a future clerical wife is definitely not easy on the body.

Anyhow this is another fly-by post as I'm heading for the grocery store in the next town since this one is closed due to flooding.

Enjoy the weekend and stay dry.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 01:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Afternoon chicks.

Pearlrose that is an incredible amount of rain!!! DD2 looked so pretty all dressed up for the dance.

Amy glad you enjoyed your "reveal." Sounds like you are enjoying a new found confidence. Keep up the great work.

Beth my weekend plans look like yours....well except I'm currently at work lol

Ruth I do find its easier just worrying about me. Joe is a big eater and seems to maintain his weight without any difficulty. I just look at pie and the scale goes up lol.

I cannot believe Tuesday we leave on our ride. The next few days will be spend packing, prepping and cleaning. I must remember to leave Coconut's quirk list for Nancy and Jim. He will only eat if his food in literally on the floor.

I am forcing myself to be super good until we leave Tuesday. Two nights of poor choices is not only showing on the scale but effecting my tummy.

I think I am caught up on work stuff and even if I'm not I've elected not to worry about it while I am off. I need a mental break from work. I also need to focus on the ride and not worry about is today the day I get a letter or a call. I am bringing cards to send along the way. No contact is difficult. Hopefully DS appreciates the updates from home, even if they are pretty boring lol.

Enjoy the rest of the day.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 06:51 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Another fly-by post. I hear rumours that some people sleep in on weekends but that's not the case around here when my eyelids pop open before 5 a.m.

The rain and the flooding continues although I see some sunshine starting Tuesday. Unfortunately mega rain returns Saturday, the day of a young friend's wedding. Poor Amy!

Not sure what today will bring but know it won't be easy as Bruce's apartment is "purged". I am going to avoid going there until it's time to announce lunch. It's my job to deal with the "curio cabinet" and decide what china is to be kept, sold or donated. I will feel the ghost of B's first wife watching me as I make the decisions. Anybody want some Royal Doulton figurines? Unfortunately the "kids" don't want any of that old stuff. (One granddaughter wanted the sterling flatware until she was told about polishing it.)

It'll be a difficult day for everyone so I will keep a low profile and will also insist they break and come here for lunch. I will try very hard to be an "island of calm in a sea of chaos".

I'm planning a quiet supper with just me and my man, if he's still speaking to me at the end of today!
Old 05-07-2017, 07:59 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Ruth and sleepy (busy?) chicks.

Ruth, good luck today. Sounds like you have a plan to deal with things but we all know about "the best laid plans of mice and men"....At least there are many hands to make light work.

Jennifer, I am so impressed with your commitment to riding and maintaining your weight. Really, below goal?! Awesome. It is nice you have this ride to look forward to.

Guess I've got to get moving; it's nice to get to the grocery store before it gets too busy!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 08:15 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Happy Sunday!

Beth - are you getting snow? I just read that between Syracuse and Buffalo they're expecting some snow. Ummm...it's May! lol

Jennifer - where are you going on your ride? And how do you deal with the butt pain from the bike? lol I'm hoping it's something I become accustomed to, I also just bought padded bike shorts.

Ruth - I don't sleep in more one day than another. I think it's actually better for you to keep a consistent wake up time, though there are days I wish I had the skills I did as a teenager and college student to sleep until noon.

I went shopping with hubby yesterday. He needed some sports jackets - he either has suits, or super casual and nothing for those times when he needs to be a bit more dressed up. Since I lost so much weight my suits no longer fit. I have skirts and blouses and dresses for work, but our trip showed me, I need a couple of blazers. I am large breasted so jackets can be a bit of a nightmare. The sales lady shows me the rack of jackets and as I'm flipping through them, I'm kind of sighing looking at all the 2 - 8's, so I see a 14 and grab it and she says, there is no way you're a 14, try the 12. And keep in mind I was just at Talbot's a few weeks ago and I didn't fit in their 16. But I put on the 12 - perfect fit! Except for the arms which were oddly long. So I got 2 hugo boss blazers for work, navy and black. Not exciting, but sometimes I need to be all business. And I do think they can be tailored if they get too big down the road.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 09:07 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Starting another day with Sunshine, DD1 and I did go for a hike yesterday we had to modify our route has most of the lake is overflowing but we did find a couple of trails that were good and not muddy. We did a grocery run on the way home and then DH and I went to Hall and Oaks concert, Tears for Fears opened and it was great. We did leave a early, as I was very tired. Not sure what is on the agenda today, I know most of my family will be watching Hockey playoffs today.

Beth I like going to the grocery store when it's quiet

Ruth hope today goes by smoothly and it's a good plan to lay low

Jekel you have to have a mental break from work as well

Debbie hope you enjoyed the visit with your brother

Amy yeah on finding some blazers.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 01:46 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Taking a break to check in. Ruth I don't sleep in either. I forced myself to stay in bed until 6 although I was wide awake at 5. Hope everything goes smoothly today.

Amy short with a built in chamois (pad) are what keep me going. When I am on my indoor bike I don't need to use any cream. However for long outdoor rides I use Chamois butter or betwix. They are very similar to diaper cream lol. Helps protect my skin. I am riding in the Police Unity Tour. It is a 300 mile ride from the WTC to Washington DC. I ride with Chapter 37 http://www.policeunitytour37.com This will be my 5th year riding albeit I am now 5 years older from when I began lol.

Pearlrose a few of the guys went and saw Hall and Oates at MSG over the summer. I was actually a little bummed I didn't get an invite. However they all sported big mustaches for the event. Maybe its best I wasn't asked LOL

Beth I am actually 2 pounds over goal at the moment. I've been a little over stressed and hormones are causing me to consistently hold water weight. This seems to be my new norm. I maintain for weeks have 1-2 weeks with a gain then back down. Since my weight is only fluctuating 5 pounds I am trying not to stress about it. LOL I have too many other things to worry about. I too go grocery shopping either super early or really late. I like to take my time.

Been busy since I got up. Lots to do before my trip. I was going to get one last ride in this morning but the rain decided I should stay in and clean. At least I found time to really clean the bike and the house. Joe and I are going for an early supper today. Better start packing as tomorrow I'll give Coconut a much needed bath!

Enjoy what is left of the somewhat sunny soggy weekend
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 02:50 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

Home from the first part of getting Bruce's flat ready for the move. I now have more crystal, Royal Doulton China and sterling flatware than I will ever get to use. I see a sale in my future once we get the rest of the things sold or donated. Who really needs five lazy-boy chairs, three cedar chests and two pianos?
Old 05-07-2017, 04:18 PM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone!

I've been trying to follow along but have been so occupied since Kirk's daughter arrived. We are staying up late, doing lots of things and I went back to work today. Next big hurdle is getting Kirk ready for Alaska trip. Miss you all! Be back soon!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote