South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-03-2017, 06:13 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default South Beach Week of April 3-7

Good Morning!

It's my early day at work so I'm going to keep moving. Just finished paying our bills for the month. Not much else new. Have a great start to the week everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 04-03-2017 at 06:15 AM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Debbie and chicks to come. I too need to give my pup a bath. Maybe later today as it is going to be nice here today.

Lingering over my second cup of coffee then will get the bike on the car and go for a nice ride. Hoping for 2 hours. Today will be cook for the week day. This week's menus includes turkey meatballs with spaghetti squash, grillled chicken with grilled asparagus an ground chicken breast Mexican skillet with green beans. Hopefully DS doesn't eat all the creations in one day lol. Stocked up on healthy snack options. Last night we were bad and ordered Chinese food (nope not weighing myself today as I know better). I told DS we are done eating out for a while. He agreed and wants me to cook lol. Later I may go with him to the track. He'll run I'll walk. I do have a retirement dinner on Thursday, but since I planned the menu I know there are healthy options.

Good news I am actually getting a better return than I thought. Mainly because I got hit with a tax penalty last year. This however will be my last return claiming DS and filing head of household. Time to change my W2 at work. Single zero is going to hurt lol. Although I gat to change my health insurance from the family rate to individual which should save me some cash!

Hope everyone enjoys their day!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

Hi Debbie! Have a great day. Sometimes nothing new and exciting is exciting in itself!

Jennifer - taxes and health insurance - blech.

I woke up and hubby already made the turkey sausage spaghetti sauce. We have it with whole wheat pasta - I remember the days I piled the pasta high on my plate. Now every month or so I have a smidgen.

Well all my complaining, and working hard worked. I'm at my new low of 190.6 Phew, it was getting grim around here. What did a girl have to do to lose a little bit. Sheesh. Since I set a goal of 189.8 on Friday - meeting friends at the Kennedy Center - I'm going to walk 6 days this week instead of 5. I'm going to a sales meeting in NC for one overnight on Wednesday. Hopefully that doesn't derail me too much.

Okay - I put off Fridays work to saturday, then sunday - now today, no joking around, I've got to get to it.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:57 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

A weekend of bad choices of food lead to the scale being up today. I started Phase 1 today and will do for a few days to get carb cravings until control and I am determined to start finishing up and hit my goal. I ordered super green food from Amazon yesterday to see if that helps with getting my veggies in.

Today is wfh but have end of month reports and several meetings so will be busy and then have haircut appt tonight. DD1 said to say thank you to everyone who thought and prayed for her.

Debbie hope work goes by quickly for you, I need to give our pup a wash too.

Jekel glad your return is going to be higher that is a nice surprise. I didn't claim DD1 for last year since she made too much even though she is living at home still and doesn't pay for anything.

Amy congrats on hit your goal again, you go!!!

Beth when do you get your new car?

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 06:22 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening, chicks.

Just waiting for the chicken to finish baking. I was really excited; yesterday at the store I found frozen "smashed cauliflower" so we are trying that too. There was also pre-riced cauliflower in the frozen section so I am looking forward to making the pizza crust later this week.

Jennifer, it was a rude awakening last year when I couldn't claim DS1 although I had been paying his tuition and bills. I haven't quite finished our taxes (bad girl, I know!) but am hoping it won't be too ugly. Did you have a nice ride?

Pearlrose, I am going to pick up my car next Monday. I am having a remote started installed and then my salesman is going to be out of town for a few days. I am ok waiting.

Amy, more congrats are in order! Way to go. I also like the whole grain pasta; I've even found some with flax in it. DH also orders bean and lentil pasta from Amazon.

Debbie, hope your work day flies by.

Anyone placing bets on whether Ruth is behaving??
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 11:27 PM   #6  

Default Newbie alert :D

Hi,
I am starting phase one tomorrow with the meal delivery...I'm going to give it the month try and see how I like it, but it is so expensive I likely will go to doing my own after this.

Just wanted an easy start

I did SB years ago and lost 40lbs in 3 months but was working out big time 6 days a week with weights as well. Then some things happened and I could not do it for about a year and was eating what the others' were eating...(long story lol) and gained it all back!

So, here I am, 60 years old, extremely overweight (85-90lbs), flabby cellulite big time everywhere...really, even my chin...*sigh* and scariest is dangerously high blood pressure...ouch.

Not to complain but I have some injuries from 2 accidents that keep me from exercising much . I have a recumbent bike/elliptical machine combo that I can use a little...not the elliptical yet, that is a couple of years away most likely.

So, I need all the support I can get as I am afraid all the time that my BP is going to cause a heart attack or stroke. But tomorrow is my first day on phase one and I am hopeful!

Wish I could do the aerobics I love so much, but that may never happen, but I can lift weights some now and use the bike a little each day and will make it work! LOL

Sorry for the novel, wanted to get my story out here all in one post so I can start reading others' posts and really begin enjoying this community. I was about to give up on finding anything current out there when I found this! Yippee

Off to read the msgs!
Sherri L
2bcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 07:13 AM   #7  

Good morning,

Getting ready to head into work today! Made it through the day yesterday op! whehwoo and the scale moved down. Still going to do a couple more days to get back on track.

Welcome Sherri! Good luck in your journey. Can you walk? That is what I do for exercise and it really helps.

Old 04-04-2017, 08:02 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Welcome Sherri! Glad you joined us! My blood pressure went from dangerously high to normal within 3 to 4 months of staying strictly on South Beach. I don't even check it anymore. It's my main reason for staying with the plan other than being out he seriously deal able weight now.

Waving to everyone else! We have about 5 inches of snow and it's still snowing. My vehicle is up top need to get my snow boots out and get going. Have a great day everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 11:38 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone!

Sherri - Hello and welcome! I also did south beach previously and lost weight, only to find it again. I was never unaware of my weight and health, but when hubby was dx'd with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, type 2 diabetes I decided to do it with him to teach and support him. And of course it ended up being a mutual support thing. I've been doing this since December 1 and have lost 36 lbs so far. I'm halfway to my made up goal, which in reality, I have no idea how much I should weigh. Less than now, but is it 130's, 154, something higher or different?

My blood pressure has decreased for 130's/90's to 110's/70's. I didn't start exercising for about 2 months. It took everything I had to focus on the food and not being hungry, I was worried if I exercised I'd be even hungrier. Then I started walking, first it was 30 minutes. Now I go for a hike in the woods, I golf and I workout on the treadmill - 5 days a week, an hour at a time. And I'm soooo injury prone. It's my own joke with myself - I feel like my body rejects exercise.

I think people around me think I'm lucky, or this was easy. Let me tell you - it's a decision every day for me. I also do what they all say not to do - I weigh every day. And yes, I get ticked off when the # doesn't go down like I want, even though I get it doesn't go in a linear way down.

I also count calories with this. I didn't know portions and I'd eat until I was full. Well, there is such thing as too much of a good thing. So I weigh and measure and log my food. I have a fitbit, so I can see how many calories I burn in a day vs how many I eat. It also gets me to get up moving - a goal beyond the 10k steps a day is from 9 - 5 to get up and walk 250 steps.

All this to say - you start where you can and do what you can. Any change for the positive is a good thing.

Welcome aboard!

I'm heading out of town, going to a big sales pitch, fingers crossed! I also have a great new outfit and I'm not worried anymore that the first thing people think when they see me is how big I am.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 07:49 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Late check in (no surprise there)

Amy good luck with your sales pitch!!!

Sherri I've been maintaining for a couple of years, maybe more, I too concentrated on changing my eating habits first. The exercising came later. Do you have access to a pool? Water aerobics and swimming are very gentle on the body. Heart disease runs rampant in my family. Fortunately I am a firm believer that lifestyle really does effect our health. I've seen a huge difference in my overall health since starting SB. Checking in has been a huge factor in losing and maintaining. Good luck and welcome!

Debbie hope the snow doesn't linger!!! I think you need spring more than most of us.

Beth and Pearlrose hope you had a great day.

Ruth if you are reading while away, I hope you are having a fabulous trip!!!

Today was another fun filled day of endless meetings. Tomorrow I have a project due that I have not started.I will lock myself in my office and let calls go to voicemail. I'll be glad when this week is done. Really been enjoying DS's company. I think it is going to be harder when he leaves for basic. I was used to being alone and didn't realize how much I missed having him here.

Enjoy your evening
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 07:55 PM   #11  

Good evening, chicks and welcome to Sherri! I had a nice uneventful day at work today and got all my report cards done and some new grading brought under control. I made meatball casserole for dinner tonight (yum!!) and had it with lentil pasta. It was very rainy all day but it's not snow like Debbie so I'm happy!!

Sherri, glad you have joined us and the "novel" as you called it, helps us get to know you. If you did SB in the past then you know it is a healthy way of eating but takes a commitment since food tends to surround us and most of it is not healthy. Feel free to ask for advice or answers any time and start looking around the recipe section for when you do more cooking. There's also a great sticky about getting started on SB.

Pearlrose, glad you had downward movement on the scale. Is DD looking for work in your area or looking to move away?

Amy, have a great trip and enjoy the new outfit!

Debbie, April snow storms bum me out.

Have a good evening, everyone.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:56 PM   #12  

Hi Jennifer, glad you and DS are having some bonding time! I miss my boys too. Good luck on the project tomorrow.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:05 AM   #13  

Good morning,

My house is a total wreck right now lol, all of the kitchen furniture is in my dining room and living room, the installers should be here between 8 and 10, only thing left in the kitchen is my fridge. I still need to pack up my living room books and nicknacks and electronics and then I am ready for Friday carpet install. Kitchen should be done tomorrow, but tomorrow night DD2 has an honors concert at 7 p.m. I am wfh the rest of the week so that should help and hopefully installers will not be too loud, luckily don't have many conference calls.

Beth DD1 is going to get a job around here first and then once she gets experience she might look at moving. She has an interview for Friday at one of my hospitals.

Jekel enjoy DS company

Amy hope your sales pitch goes good

Debbie hope works goes by quickly

Ruth hope you are enjoying Florida

Old 04-05-2017, 06:00 PM   #14  

Hey chicks, hope everyone had a good Hump Day.

Nothing new or exciting today for me: work, walk, off to make fajitas for dinner soon. We got a break from rain today but the predicted sunshine never showed up. Oh well, at least it will soon be spring.

Trying hard to stay OP this week and seeing the scale notch down a bit. It's awesome to find a workable long-term plan for eating after a lifetime of yo-yo dieting.
Old 04-06-2017, 06:55 AM   #15  

Good Thursday morning, chicks.

Pouring rain here today so I will take my sneakers to work and walk inside the halls before I come home.

Pearlrose, hope the install and preparation is going well. Home projects are such a mess but it will be worth it.

Debbie,is the snow still around? If our rain was snow we would be buried!

Amy, did you have a successful trip?

Jennifer, may your work day be smooth and uneventful.

Thinking of Ruth and hoping she is enjoying her trip

Got to run. I have to take out the garbage before I go to work.