South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-01-2017, 07:48 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default The Weekend April 1-2

Rabbit, Rabbit! New month!

We have an inch of new snow this morning but the forecast has spring like weather coming!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 07:51 AM   #2  

Good morning, chicks.

Today DH and I have a date to look at new cars. I found a 2016 that has a big markdown that I want him to look at.

After that, I have laundry to do, papers to grade and I should run the vacuum. Might get a little crazy and mop the kitchen floor

What's on your agenda, besides looking forward to spring?
Old 04-01-2017, 07:59 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Well, I can't believe it but I didn't pass again very close again so I have decided I need to study more for the one class I didn't take that everything I read says you need to know in order to pass this test. My boss took that class so she should have all of study material and I am going to study that prior to taking the test, I need to know the concepts for that class and then I think I will be able to pass.

My fingers are crossed for DD1, she will find out later today, I am praying hard that she passes this time, did I mention we say 2 rainbows on our way home from her test day, that's got to be a good sign

Today DH wants to go to six flags so I will go for a bit but then I need to get cracking on packing up the rest of the living room, way too much stuff.

Beth sorry to hear about the student tragedy. Hope you get a great deal on the car

Have a great day everyone!!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 08:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Beth and chicks to come.

Beth I am so sorry there was as student tragedy this week. Hopefully this week will be better. What type of car are you looking at? I can only assume AWD or 4WD lol you definitely need it!

Pearlrose how did you do on your exam? Keeping my fingers crossed for DD too!

Yesterday was the never ending day. I had a meeting downtown followed by a report to the Chief of Patrol's office at noon (Uh oh that's never good). Very long day which ended with me and John's Lieutenant placing a sergeant on modified duty. Basically you are taking them out of service. Administratively this meant a lot of vouchering and securing property. The rumor and gossip mill travels fast as I was getting random text messages asking if I was still working. Met with the Internal Affairs Lt too which always raises suspicion. He was supposed to go with me, but had a more presssing matter. We were both in the office late. He started at 0300 and didn't finish until 2130 (9:30 pm). I started at 0600 and ended the same time. To say I was tired was an understatement lol. So incredibly happy that I took today off!!! DS will be moving stuff home today. Tomorrow is taxes (guess I really need to get that stuff together) and picking Joe and his DD up from the airport.

Time to get moving. Hope everyone has a great day.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 08:05 AM   #5  

Pearlrose I guess we were posting at the same time. Sorry you didn't pass. Hopefully getting your coworkers study material will help. YES the rainbows are a great sign!!!!
Old 04-01-2017, 08:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Happy Saturday -

Sorry you didn't pass Pearl - at least you're getting familiar with the test and know what you need to study to pass. I think of my parents as the double rainbow - my brother and I both saw them in different places, him driving home from the hospital after my mother passed, and me when I came home from the funeral. I felt it was my sign they were together.

So, in the month of March I lost 8.6 lbs. I wish it was more, but I recognize that's pretty darn good. These past 2 weeks I haven't been losing much, which is disappointing. I ate well and exercised yesterday and still managed to go up again on the scale. Today is my big park walk so hopefully tomorrow I'll see the scale start moving back down the other direction.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 02:41 PM   #7  

Guess what DD1 passed her exam this time she is now a registered nurse! Whewhoo
Old 04-01-2017, 03:42 PM   #8  

Pearlrose wonderful absolutely wonderful news!!!!! Please congratulate her from me. Lol even though she doesn't know me. So incredibly happy for her!!!

Amy 8.6 pounds in one month is awesome!!! What a great accomplishment. Hope your walk was fun!

DS has been making trips with stuff since 8:30. I forgot how much stuff he has. I've been purging my own stuff all day. Lol his stuff motivates me to get rid of mine lol
Old 04-02-2017, 07:01 AM   #9  

Good morning. DS is almost all moved in. He still has a few trips left, plus the tool boxes need to make their way home. Moving those will require renting a small u-haul unless one of his buddies come through with a truck. Nice having him back home even if only for a few weeks....it might take him that long to organize all his stuff lol.

Today is bike, drop off good will, taxes and an airport pick up. At some point I need to get some groceries. I forgot home much he likes to eat!

Have a great day!
Old 04-02-2017, 08:05 AM   #10  

Good morning, chicks.

Jennifer, you might want to get that Uhaul to take to the grocery store! lol I love having my kids home too; enjoy the time with DS. BTW I am trading a 4Runner for another one. You are right, I need 4WD around here!

Pearlrose, how awesome for DD!! Give her a Fat Chick hug from all of us! Now you can focus on the plan for your exam.

Amy, I know it is frustrating to have the scale stall but try to focus on how far you have come and how much healthier you are!

Debbie, you are probably at work. Have a smooth day.

Yesterday was productive but there always more. Today I'm off to get groceries, take a walk and finish my taxes.
Old 04-02-2017, 08:22 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

Pearl - I'm so happy for your d! That's really great news.

Jennifer - it's shocking how much my son can eat as well. I'm also trying to purge, I'm going through my disorganized closet trying to make sense of it. I'm going to just keep what fits.

Beth - I know and I agree I've done well so far. I just want to keep it up. I seem to be stuck. I'm exercising, eating right and nothing. I ended up burning over 700 calories yesterday and walking for an hour and 40 minutes. Today I'm going to do intervals on the treadmill. I will blast off this weight if it kills me.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 08:48 AM   #12  

Good morning,

We ended up going to 6 Flags yesterday, so I hit my goal for steps yesterday. On the agenda today, is taking out DD1 for lunch, I did tell her you all told her congratulations, obviously she was over the moon and a bit in disbelief yesterday. I am also going to study, have been watching youtube videos on how to tackle the test. 50 to 65% percent pass rate, I am determined to be one of the passes.

Jekel glad your son is almost moved back in, enjoy his company for the next few weeks

Amy last year when I would get stuck and the scale wouldn't move, I switched things up a bit and that always seemed to work, couldn't keep doing the same in order to keep the scale moving.

Beth sounds like you decided on getting the new suv, congrats.

Debbie hope you are enjoying time with your DH

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-02-2017, 06:32 PM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hello!
Home from work. I gave the pups a bath this morn instead of checking in. They were both very dirty and scratching. Work not too busy. DH came down for lunch that was nice.
Pearlrose, DD1! She must be walking on cloud 9!

Nap time!

I work early tomorrow.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote