South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-27-2017, 05:30 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default South Beach Week of February 27-March 3

Good Morning and welcome to a new week!

Sorry I didn't get here yesterday. I had to open which meant out the door by 5:15 and I slept until 4:30. A repeat again today except I am back to my early wake up which means a lot more time for everything.

Nothing much new and the weather is frigid. I think it gets better later this week. With possibility of a trip I must get serious about paperwork. I have the company books spread out all over which is annoying. I am through April and it looks like I have an hour to get on it this morning.

Food was not good at work on Saturday so I recommitted and brought my smoothie then ordered oatmeal before it got busy. That sure helped. I like that I can get right back in the groove these days.

Have a great Monday everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 02-27-2017 at 05:35 AM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 07:03 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning to Debbie and chicks to come!

Since Ruth is away I made it a priority to stop in and see if anyone had started the new week's thread, so thanks to Debbie.

Back to work today which is fine; I am so excited to see the days lengthening; now it is light well before I leave. I think that means spring is coming.

Debbie, DH and I were talking last night about "recommitting" to SB. We have been increasingly lax; maintenance is hard! So with the start of a new month correlating with the start of Lent we are using that to motivate us to get things under control.

Got to fly! Have a great day everyone!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:34 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I had a crazy day yesterday, was moving the fridge back in place and the water line busted a hole and I have no idea how to fix so had to call a plumber to come out on Sunday. I am sure that bill will be nice. Just happy to get if fixed. I found a handyman place that does flooring installs so will need to call them today to get an estimate, I know how much Home Depot and Lowe's charges so I can compare from there. Dropping off DH's car to get new brakes and a tune up after my 8 a.m. conference call and I have a dental appointment this afternoon. Whew too much going on

Debbie I have to admit I fell in a funk this weekend and ate my emotions so today I am back on track Phase 1 until I get my head back on straight

Beth I have been slack as well and need to recommit to finish up and hit my goal this year.

Have a great day everyone.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 07:15 PM   #4  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

weezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 08:15 AM   #5  

Good morning,

We are in for some strong storms with potential for Tornadoes this evening, fun fun, what month are we in again? Today is wfh and I am working on reports and have several conference calls. DH car is fixed, dental appt under my belt and even stopped for groceries afterwards. Stayed OP eating wise yesterday so on to Day 2.

Weezle nice of you to stop by and wave

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-28-2017, 05:55 PM   #6  

Hey chicks, another warm and sunny day here; tomorrow we go back to more seasonable temperatures.

Pearlrose, tomorrow I go to the dentist and get my haircut after school. Sounds like you had a productive day.

Have a good evening, chicks.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Greetings from my hometown

weezle nice to see you stopped by!!! Hope all is well with you

Debbie I don't like feeling disorganized either with paperwork. Thanks for starting us off this week.

Pearlrose glad you were able to get the water line to the fridge fixed. Good thing it happened before the new floor gets installed.

Beth I too am using lent to recommit. Pearlrose I too still eat my emotions at times. I am so much better than what I was but always will be a work in progress.

I am having a nice time being "home." Had lunch with my friend Kerri today. She is going to meet me each day for lunch. On Thursday we are going out to dinner with our friend Susan. I can't wait!!!! Today I stopped in to the local sports store in town. One of the few businesses that have stood the test of time. Had a wonderful chat with the new owner (he has worked there for over 30 years!) Today we were out before dark so I got to drive around some. I actually did not realize how much I miss living here. Where I currently live doesn't have that a real town per se. It's just one shopping center after the next. At least I know wherever the next chapter of my life begins (probably retirement) I'd like to to live in a small town again.

The class is phenomenal! We got back two of our assessments today. Insteresting how it related to leadership styles and being able to work with others who's styles are not similar. Well I guess I shoould start my homework. We have a presentation Thursday (ugh) on Friday my group elected me (gee thanks) to be our spokesperson during a panel presentation.

Ill try and check in through out the week.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 08:39 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good Morning!

Yippee for a day off even if I have to head out early to take mom down for pedicure and hair washing. I'll go back to her house while she's at her appointment and set up a printer I brought over from Glenwood. Hers had perpetual issues. Then Kirk and I are headed to Denver for a meeting and some fun. Doggies can ride so we aren't on a timeframe to get home.

The old doggie daycare is now officially closed. She had a shelf for me (thinking plant starting shelf) so I took the big car to work and got it in on the way home.

Jennifer, neat to be back in your hometown. Glad you are learning new stuff.

Beth, glad you are having nice weather. I remember it from a week ago. Cold here now but that's going to change.

Rose, I hope weather wasn't been as bad as it was called for.

Amy,

Weezle,

Ok, back to paperwork. HAve a great day everyone!
Old 03-01-2017, 08:54 AM   #9  

Good morning,

We got a bit of hail overnight but I could tell (it woke me up) that it wasn't too big. A Tornado did hit in our viewing area but it was east of us. Glad that system has gone through, I don't mind thunderstorms but do not like gusts of winds like we had and still have a bit of this morning. Today is another wfh day for me, getting a bit of a break this week only have to go in on Friday. Tonight DD2 has art and that is it on our agenda.

Beth are the kids settled back into routine at school? I am going to use Lent to recommit as well, today is day 3 of back on track eating and feel so much better

Jekel glad you are able to visit your old hometown, we live in a small town as well only have 2400 people and not too many businesses, not even a stop light lol. I like been close enough to a big city but far enough away that you get away from it. Enjoy your class

Debbie enjoy your day off today

Old 03-01-2017, 08:59 AM   #10  

Forgot, Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit!
Old 03-01-2017, 06:19 PM   #11  

Hey chicks. Another busy day. After school I had a dental appointment and a haircut, as well as a quick stop at the bank and store. If you've got 1 commitment might as well load up a couple more! While I was at the store I bought a pot of forced tulips; they are budded but not yet blooming. Need a little cheer in March.

Got to go make dinner! Have a great night, chicks!

And rabbit, rabbit.

Last edited by Beth19; 03-01-2017 at 06:20 PM.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:27 AM   #12  

Good morning,

The sun is out, it is a bit chilly but no storms I will take it. Today I have someone coming to give estimate to install my flooring this morning and then I have a ton of reports to work on. I think tonight DH and I are going to see Logan.

Old 03-02-2017, 10:09 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning!

Slept in then got some trash put in the car and down to the community dumpster before the project started. Car is moved and now I am enjoying coffee. Need to walk down and pick up my moms car from the auto shop and hopefully stay home today and get some things accomplished.

DH and I have birthdays tomorrow and Saturday so I'm going to bake a cake today. When I've never made before. White cake with lemon curd and raspberries for filling. Of course, not SBD compliant but I'm not going to eat the whole thing. LOL

Think I will also work on the country books and getting the house tidied up. I think today is my real day off.

Rose, , I'm glad somebody's coming for an estimate. I hope it's a good one.

Beth, it sounds like you got a lot accomplished yesterday!

OK, I guess I will get rolling I will get the kitchen cleaned up first. Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 03-02-2017 at 10:10 AM.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:30 AM   #14  

Debbie incase you don't hop on in the morning, Happy Birthday to you and your DH.

First estimate was a doozy $800 to install they are crazy. I made an appointment with Home Depot they are coming on Tuesday, they only charge $89 per sq ft much more reasonable than $96 an hour from this other place, wish they would have just been upfront about their crazy rate.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:27 PM   #15  

Hey chicks! We had rain that turned to ice and then snow overnight; scraping the car this morning was quite the ordeal!! Oh well, a couple of cold blustery days and we will be back into the 40's next week. Spring is coming!!

A productive day at work (that's code for I got a LOT of papers graded ) and then I worked out; paid a few bills and now it's almost time to make dinner.

Pearlrose, glad you have more choices for installation; home improvement can be so expensive! Enjoy the movie.

Debbie, have a great birthday! Hope you had a productive day at home.

Wonder if Ruth is enjoying her trip?

Thinking of the other chicks and hoping their week is smooth.