South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-18-2017, 07:14 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Happy Weekend! February 18 and 19 plus ...

... Monday is a holiday here in Canada. Family Day in most of Canada and Presidents' Day in the USA. Is that a holiday for my American friends?

Hit bed early last night and skipped Book Club. Sure felt good to sleep until 5:30 this morning because it's a jam=packed day. I can't remember if Bruce and I are breakfasting at 7:30 or 8:30 and sure hope it's the later time. After that I will be at the Library for Family Day celebrations with the children plus other stuff at the Rink. It is going to be an above normal day - going to 52F! - and I sure hope the rink ice holds for the hockey game tomorrow.

So what's up on the Beach for you today?
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 08:27 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Ruth and chicks to come!

Yes, it is a holiday weekend here. We actually have "winter break" so no school for all of next week. I can't remember when they started that but a long time ago we got 2 weeks for spring break; now we get 1 in February and 1 in April. I'm hoping the vacation will give the kids time to get over the flu and such; sooooo many kids have been sick!

Not really sure what is on my agenda today; I have laundry in but that's as far as I have planned. Maybe groceries.

Ruth, enjoy your busy day! One of the local towns here was planning an ice fishing tournament this weekend but that might be tough. We have had several instances of people falling through the ice in the last few weeks. I can't believe anyone would trust the ice this year since we have had so little sustained cold.

Happy weekend to the chicks! Anyone want coffee to get your day started?
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 09:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! So what is Family Day? Here in the US the banks and some schools close, but most people still work.

I'm outside Washington DC, so it's going to be pretty nice today. I just ate breakfast - and I'll be walking soon - now that I think of it, instead of the treadmill maybe I'll go to a park if I can make hubby come along.

So - this week has been my biggest weight loss since ph 1. I've lost 3 lbs since last Sunday. Normally I'd be all - oh be careful that's too much, but the previous weeks barely budged down. So I hit another goal - I lost 10% of my starting weight! I think the difference is I changed my breakfast and I am consistently walking 45 minutes a day. I was eating 2 hard boiled eggs, 3 pieces of turkey bacon and a v8. Well the v8 gave me heartburn, and I started craving something different, so I switched to oatmeal with a cup of berries.

My new goal - 25 lbs by the time I see my sisters. That's 2 lbs by next Monday. This time I'm not frantic about hitting a goal, I've got a good thing going. People are either being polite or not noticing my weight loss. Which actually is fine, I hate talking about it outside my husband and you all.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 05:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Amy great, great job!!!! Often people notice, but they might be afraid to compliment you out of fear of sounding insulting. The typical oh you look great now that you lost a few pounds comment often does more harm then good. LOL I'm tall, but I have a very little face and at times I look really tired because my cheeks sink in. Mind you the rest of my body doesn't cooperate in this way. I was out at a gathering with co workers, one of them asked me politely if I was sick. When I said no, they then proceeded to tell me I looked drawn and tired and I should get checked ot. Funny I lost 25 pounds but not just in my face lol

Beth I remember my mom couldn't stand winter break. It seemed like we just came back to school from being off for two weeks from Christmas. They spilt the two breaks here too. Spring break is where they will deduct if we go over our allotted snow days.....boy do I wish we got snow days at work lol Enjoy your break!

Ruth I wish we had a family day in the states. Sounds like a great idea for a holiday. Seems like everyone is so busy in their lives and wrapped up in technology that we forget the simple things are usually the best. Have fun!

Nothing new here. Home from work and starting the never ending to do list. Im not going to lie I had a bad binge (that's what I get for going to the bakery hungry to pick up dessert for tomorrow). On a positive not I feel really yucky which is a good reminder my body can only tolerate sugar in small doses. Thanks SB the old me would have continued the binge over several days.

We are celebrating DS's birthday tomorrow with my sisters. DS picked the menu right down to dessert (key lime pie and pecan pie). My BIL is making my son's favorites: ribs, mac and cheese, potato salad, fried chicken and collard greens. It's funny none of those things, except for potato salad apppeal to me. My BIL makes his potato salad with eggs and mustard (I love it). I may actually leave hungry lol. Im hoping my sister makes a salad because my plan is to either have one piece of chicken (only if its boneless) or a rib and slice it and eat it on top of the salad. Now if my sister makes her empanadas and arroz con gandules (chicken with pigeon peas and chorizo) I'm done! Tomorrow will then become my one meal stray day. I did drop all of the Chinese food water weight so I don't want to spend another week unduing a poor choice...lol wish me luck
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 07:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Last one in yesterday and first today. Glad all the chicks are sleeping in. I am happy to report my indulgence yesterday did not effect my weekly progress. I count Sunday's weight as my official one for the week. Down .8. I'll take it! Here's to another week of smart choices and moving more (I am toasting you with coffee lol)

Happy Sunday!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 08:01 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Good morning, Jennifer and sleepy chicks to come. I wish you strength for tomorrows birthday celebration. Congratulations for showing a loss despite the "deviant" behaviour.

For some reason, I am back to very early awakening. I guess my body is getting organized for the upcoming time change. Sure is nice to see the sun earlier. We are heading into another day of above freezing temperatures and lots of snow and ice will disappear. I shoveled the last of the ice off the side walk yesterday which means I will be able to step out of the car onto dry pavement. If enough snow has melted, I will cut some forsythia branches to force into bloom.

Mrs Gooch, Family Day is a provincial Stautory Holiday when most people are off work for a long weekend in the middle of February which can be a really horrible month. Most folks make sure to plan things with their kids - we have special events like hockey tournaments, ice fishing tournaments, free hot dogs and hot chocolate, face painting and other events.

Beth, not to worry about ice fishing up here. The men are very careful and do test drills before roping off the allocated area for fishing. Some of our lakes are still open and near Ottawa several skidoos and even trucks have broken through the ice.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Old 02-19-2017, 09:32 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks. I have been up and getting organized. I am meeting my sister at my parents' house, which is a 4-hour drive away. After a series of health crises last summer they have moved to an assisted facility and now that spring is here the house will be put up for sale. Sis and I are going to check on things and see about disposing of some of the remaining stuff.

Jennifer, congrats on your weight loss and enjoy your day off! February has been more "up" than "down" for me. (full disclosure: too much red wine and eating out) Ah well, each day is a new beginning and even on my bad days I eat SO much healthier than before.

Ruth, we also are having a huge meltback weekend I am loving the sunny days. How was your breakfast date and special events?

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend. Enjoy the day chicks!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 09:32 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

I really slept in today. I ended up going for that walk with hubby - we ended up hiking for an hour and 20 minutes and my fitbit tells me I burned 777 calories. I walk 3 days on, 1 off - today is back on the treadmill. Hubby went to visit his parents.

Family day sounds so nice! And yes, I'm glad people don't say anything about my weight loss. I'm down 24 lbs now, surely that is noticeable. I'm almost halfway to my first initial goal. I had no idea how to pick an end weight, but it was depressing to put in too much over 50 so I just stuck with that. We'll see when I get there how things are going. I lost another .8 yesterday. I don't know what the deal is, I wish I could figure out how it is I can do the same thing over and over and sometimes it is falling off, other times I'm just stalled for weeks. I know it isn't good to lose too much at once so I will be watching this week. Not like I'm not watching all the time! ha

Jennifer - good job! There has to be some kind of balance at the end of the road right, where you can indulge here and there.

Have a great day everyone! I really appreciate the support here. Since I don't know you all I can be honest.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 02:22 PM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Beth, everything went really well. Breakfast was fun with Bruce and the gang. Late afternoon Bruce came in for a visit and some wine and cheese. Later this afternoon we are driving down to the St Lawrence to a fundraising event at one of his former Churches. Should be interesting as they only knew him with his wife Helen and he's grinning about having traded up! I'm sure he'll behave when we actually get there. There is a concert with a local band and a singer who sounds a lot like Gord Lightfoot and does his songs. I'll do my best not to be taken as the minister's wife!
Old 02-19-2017, 05:12 PM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone!

Back to the grind after whirlwind days off. I spent time with my sister on Wednesday, attended to some needs of my little girlfriend who is still getting back on track after her yearlong bout with cancer. Took a road trip with husband and sister Friday, spent Saturday day with husband then went with Sis and hubby to a potluck Saturday night. That resulted in my having to drive over at 3:30 this morning for work. Oh well, worth it.
Work was busy now I am going to try and get rested from my days off.
I will catch up on posts and see you all tomorrow!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote