South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-14-2017, 11:12 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 217/217/156

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone,
So far so good, got to get to bed soon and no night eating.

Jennifer, I appreciate your honesty.

Rose, I never get to Yoga - really been wanting to.

Debbie, I like your attitude about not getting upset about the occasional bad day. "normal"

Ruth - I don't miss all the snow. I'm originally from Long Island.

Last edited by Lisi; 02-14-2017 at 11:13 PM.
Lisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 06:34 AM   #17  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The plows are back in action again for our normal winter. We got just a skiff of snow so my drive to the doggie spa over the mountain should not be too grim. Schools are still going to be open so the roads should be OK.

Jennifer - six pounds from Chinese! I'm impressed and you know that Chinese buffets are my addiction.

Beth, one of these mornings we should have coffee together. How far are you from Ogdensburg and that quilt store - the name escapes me a the moment?

Debbie, hope you continue on the road to recovery healthwise. This thing is sure hanging on too long!

Rose, sure hope the gargling worked. You need the sore throat gone bye the weekend.

Lisi, glad things are working for you. I need to follow your example and get on plan although night eating is not my problem.

Lovely evening with my new beau - does anybody even use that word anymore? Food worked out fine and was much appreciated. Bruce had to learn to cook for himself after his wife got sick but it's pretty rudimentary. We never seem to run out of conversation which is a good thing and the dogs like him.

Just informed the Mill nominating committee that I don't want to be on the Board this year but will participate in events and where needed. The last few years have been difficult and, at 78, I want to enjoy what's left of my life. (I actually plan to live forever but I've been wrong before - married twice! )

Time to get this day organized starting with de-snowing the car and getting some gas and cash at the local as soon as they open. We have to leave at 8 for our trek into the wilderness to the dog spa. I'm thinking of taking a book to read rather than hang around waiting for my darlings to be ready or driving back home.

Happy peak of the week day!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 07:19 AM   #18  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Well yesterday ended up being a cheat day, didn't feel like going out to dinner and didn't feel like cooking so we ordered pizza, I will be on Phase 1 today to get back on track. I was able to sleep all night. Gargled with salt again this morning seems to really help, throat seems to be getting better. I do not want to get my parents sick when we visit. Today I am getting ready to head into work. I need to pack this evening.

Ruth sounds like I need to join the group and come up to the fun

Jekel DH bought 2 boxes of chocolates for his girls- I had a couple of pieces

Debbie hope works goes by quickly

Lisi night time is when I have to watch what I eat, i can be awesome all day and then it falls apart for dinner

Beth hope your not getting more snow today

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 10:04 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! Sorry I've been awol... I can only see this site from my computer and then I don't always use my desktop.

WFH - how did I miss that shorthand when that's primarily what I do?

I do miss chinese food, but I'm so afraid to eat it because of the salt and weight gain that for me lasts forever. I go through times wondering, will I ever get to eat lasagna, or chinese food again and be able to enjoy it and not choke on it worried about the carbs and salt?

I'm doing fairly boring exercise right now - walking on the treadmill. I watch netflix to pass the time. I had been stalled since vacation going up and down around the same 20 lb lost for 3 weeks. Today I popped down 2 lbs seemingly overnight. I think my 45 minutes on the treadmill is helping push it along. I do 3 days on 1 day off. I'm going with my sisters to Naples Fl at the end of the month, my goal I set was to be 25 lbs down by then. Fingers crossed!
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 11:08 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 217/217/156

Height: 5'4"

Hi Ladies (I think you're all ladies)
Bummed this AM, yesterday was a heavy day, and I'm UP A LB. But I won't even record it. I'm going to do the ticker Monday mornings. Let it be a lesson to watch my act. I haven't been exactly following SBD , P-anything - . One thing is, I can't eat all those veggies, they go right through me. Then, there was a veggie/farro dish with the Blue Apron I tried, and although some was left for DH, I wound up eating the whole thing for dinner. It was mostly veggie, though.

I have been an undisciplined grazer and the first thing is for me to get back to the three meals. I can see where the snacks are something to look forward to, and allow me to eat less at meals and not be afraid I'll starve.

Chinese happens to me my best place to eat. I do very low sodium, and I always have them make mixed veggies and chicken stir fry, or similar, with NO SOY , SALT, SODIUM. For some of them you have to explain carefully. I've had them reply to no salt, by saying, ok, I'll just add soy!!!!! I have to say oil ok, no sauce. Ok to add garlic and chili pepper. They say it will have no taste - well a stir fry tastes good to me! Then I get hot chili sauce on the side, and maybe some of the cooking sauce, and I can regulate the amt. Don't get me started on salt. The worst restaurant example I found was on the website of Pollo Tropical. White rice with over 1000 mg of sodium. What the fart were they cooking that in?

Anyway, its a new day.
Msgooch - hope I gave you some ideas, buffets are hard in any restaurant
Rose - yes, gargle with the stuff lol
Ruth - Beau is fine, enjoy - and the simple cooking is best, right?

Last edited by Lisi; 02-15-2017 at 11:11 AM.
Lisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 12:34 PM   #21  
Come on Spring!

Just back from the dog spa where I dropped them off and then drove into Westport for coffee. Big mistake because I got royally stuck in a snowbank near the coffee place. Was debating whether to call CAA (and wait 3 hours to help) when three true gentlemen in work boots showed up and I swear lifted me out! Two of them were from Delta and knew me and the other was a Westport country lad. Gotta love hanging out in the country!

Stepped on the scale this morning and I swear someone messed with it because I am back to 186. Gotta get some of that stripped off before I go to Georgia. Luckily one of the gals I'm visiting is a low carber which will help.
Old 02-15-2017, 04:58 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Afternoon check in with coffee in hand...I really could use a nap

Elyse where on Long Island are you from? I grew up in Hampton Bays. I still get out there from time to time not as often as when my mom and step dad lived out east.

Ruth so happy you and your beau had a nice dinner. My friend George still refers to his wife as "his girl" which I think is sweet. I like the traditional nick names. I don't understand why a woman is referred to my her fella as "my boo." I guess every generation has there slang.

Pearlrose hope your throat feels better. I too struggle with night time grazing as I call it. I am doing a better job recognizing I am tired and try to go to bed.

Amy a lot of us plateau in P2 but keep being consistent and the pounds will come off. I would have weeks with little smidgeons lost and sometimes gained. Then a 3 pound loss in a week. I've learned my hormones play a huge role in this. I am doing what I know is right, but they like to play tricks. I've accepted this to be my normal. When the scale isn't cooperating I try and find success elsewhere, did I work out consistently, go a little farther, skip a temptation, wear jeans that didn't fit last month. It helps me when the scale is stuck. You are doing really well, don't lose sight of that as it can get frustrating at times. I still enjoy very bad for me but oh so yummy Chinese food, pizza or Mexican. Just not very often. I don't beat myself up over the things I enjoy, I try to plan for these indulgences. This way I can make extra certain I am really good, before and after.

Elyse I eat three meals plus two snacks. I need a mid morning snack usually around 10. Those who know me well at work often joke I am not myself around this time. I keep 100 calorie package of nuts in my bag and desk at all times, just in case. I enjoy fruit for an evening snack sometimes mixed with plain Greek yogurt or an apple with cheese. If I keep "sweets" to the evening it helps me as I can over due it even on healthy stuff.

Ruth your knights in shiny armor or in this case work boots came to rescue you. Glad you live in an area where people are kind to each other. Hopefully the scale goes down and continues to go down while you are in Georgia. The mild temps should help you get motivated.

Not much new or exciting here. I've been providing some emotional support to two of my officers. One has a newborn in the PICU with cardiac issues and yesterday another officer was taken by ambulance to the hospital with severe hypertension. He is divorced, lives alone and his kids are grown so he has been feeling a little lonely. The day to day stuff still gets done, but their lives are more important than keeping up with paperwork. Thankfully my chief understands this and hasn't been bogging me down with other stuff. Glad my life is simple.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable evening.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 05:16 PM   #23  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon everyone.

Jennifer, lol to your nap comment; I feel like that right after lunch most days. I often tell my students that if I were in charge of their schedules everyone would have their hard core thinking classes in the morning and gym/lab/music/art after lunch. But then again I am a morning person.

Ruth, I was out of the shower and dressed when they announced a 2 hour delay this morning; we had 4-5 inches of the heavy wet stuff. I used the extra time to pay a few bills and do a little shoveling, then stopped at the store on my way to school. I'm about 40 minutes from the 'Burg, as we call it. Glad you enjoyed your dinner with your new beau.

Pearlrose, sometimes those old-time cures really do work. I'm a big fan of saltwater gargling too. Hope you ward off the germs!

Amy, good to see you. Don't get too discouraged, just keep eating on plan. Early in my SB career I found I had to remind myself that this way of eating was working better than any other diet and to not get too greedy.

Did someone say Chinese??? I still eat it occasionally. I avoid anything fried, go heavy on the veggies and get the stir fry with sauce on the side. Yes, I often gain a pound of water weight but it's not bad compared to eating out some other places. DH and I might go somewhere tonight since we stayed home last night.

Have a good evening, all.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 07:53 AM   #24  
Come on Spring!

Good morning! Woke to the sound of Richards huge plough clearing the lane once again. I was glad to see him leave without coming in for a coffee because I feel a tad tired this morning for some reason. Luckily I have absolutely nothing on today's schedule! I'm sure I'll manage to "put in the time" as the old folks say around here.

Sounds like everyone is coping with the remains of winter. I'll be back later once I get dressed - Richard sometimes comes in for coffee after he's finished the commercial clearing in the Village. Let's see: Library, Post Office, beer store, grocery store and rink parking lot. That should do it.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:18 AM   #25  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I did get most of the packing done last night, just have to add toiletries and then I am good to go. We are leaving at 3 today right after DD2 gets out of school. I am working today and have a conference call starting shortly so back to it I go I will probably not be back on until Tuesday, have a good weekend everyone

Ruth that brought up a memory of when DH and I got stuck in a snowbank in the middle of nowhere in Maine, luckily a logging truck came by and he pulled us out. That was in the days before cell phones and all we had was a CB with no reception. Enjoy your nothing on the agenda day

Amy hang in there, I am like Jekel, there will be weeks where nothing happens and then I get a swoosh, it's all about the tracking the weight and you will see the linear line is trending down.

Lisi I find yoga to be really helpful with my neck and spine

Debbie are you working today

Beth lots of school delays for you, those don't extend your year do they?

Jekel I find the personnel issues are the biggest stress for me, trying to be there for your employees when they are going through a tough time. We have an employee assistance program but they seem to want to talk to you more.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 09:12 AM   #26  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

So much to read as I did not get here yesterday. I read everyone's posts yet I am short on phone battery so must plug-in here soon.

I traveled over to Glenwood early yesterday morning. Getting the car loaded was a real pain as there is a giant hole in front of our house for storm drain and the streetlights no longer work. It was pitch black. I waited until there was a little bit of light and got everyone in. That meant by the time I got here at 9 AM it was time to roll into action. We didn't go to the pool until later after hubby got back from fossil hunting. My sister came and joined us for some soaking. It was a perfect afternoon. At the time we got home it seemed to be bedtime.
I will try to get her later after my phone is charged.
For me, as I've been in some sort of maintenance for a few years. LOL. ....I have found that I have continued to get smaller while staying at pretty much the same weight. I believe it's because eating so healthy the body just continually re-proportions as fat is replaced with healthier tissue. So when we are staying on plan but not losing pounds our body is still making positive changes. I've always said I'd rather be smaller than weigh less.
OK. Must get moving. Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 02-16-2017 at 09:13 AM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 05:48 PM   #27  

Good evening from snow country. We got another 4-5 inches today; thank heaven for a neighbor who comes over and plows! We will get a bit more tonight and then warm up this weekend.

Just a normal day at school which is fine with me. It sure seems like a lot of kids have been absent the last week or two; I think there is both flu and a stomach bug going around. We actually have all of next week off; personally I would prefer just a long weekend and put the other days onto spring break but no one asks me. Hopefully the kids will have time to get well.

Debbie, how long is this project going to last? Glad you enjoyed your pool time.

Pearlrose, have a good trip. The delays don't count against our required 180 days; if we use more than 6 snow days we have to give up vacation time. The end of our year is determined by state exams so that doesn't change.

Hope everyone else had a good day!
Old 02-17-2017, 06:47 AM   #28  
Come on Spring!

Good morning. Looks like a snow-free day and a great weekend with no more snow for a while. Temps will be well above freezing.

Been awake since three and up since four - too much on my mind. Yesterday I got the word from my fuel company that I have a leak in the oil tank and they are suspending fuel delivery until it is fixed. This is result of last week's installation of the new water heater. Oy! So I am looking at a bill for $4000 and need the guys here a.s.a.p. to replace the tank and bring the furnace up to standard. There is some urgency because I am leaving next Friday to get to the Ottawa airport and take off to Georgia. Sure hope it can be done quickly because otherwise I'll run out of oil and come home to frozen pipes. Yikes! Monday is a stat holiday so this may not work.

Anyhow, life goes on and I'm off to town this morning for a much-needed haircut and a wee shop for travel sized shampoo and stuff.

Book Club tonight at Heather's but we will carpool. Sure hope it's not late because I'll be tired and have an early start on Saturday with breakfast with Bruce at the pop-up cafe and then children at the Library for storytime, crafts, face painting and those ubiquitous hot dogs and Rice Krispie squares. (It must be 20 years since I did those squares!) Monday is officially Family Day but there is stuff going on all weekend. I'm supposed to "drop the puck" at the Sunday hockey game. At least the temps will be above freezing by 1 PM.

Hmmm - this is a slightly whiny post. I think some Tylenol for the sore knees and coffee for the fogged brain will help.

I'll be back later and am raising my last coffee in a toast to TGIF!
Old 02-17-2017, 03:47 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Happy Friday!

Ruth - what book are you reading for book club? I'm a huge reader and always in the hunt for something great.

Lex - I live in a huge fossil area, one person I know does fossil hunting and hasn't been able to drag me along yet. They've found fossils for enormous sharks, I forget the names - but grown people can easily stand in their jaws!

We ended up having thai the other night. I stuck to chicken and veggies - but you know there is a ton of salt and probably sugar in the sauce. I'm now at the size of clothes I've been for much of the last 10 years. It almost seems like my body remembers this size, likes it, and just wants to stay here. The good news is, all the clothes I had gotten too big to wear fit very well now. Probably better than when I bought them. I'm just sticking to the plan and it is happening. My fitbit does a running average each week and I see that declining. I really don't mind eating like this at all, I feel so much better. I have found sadly that tomato juice/sauce, etc is not my friend. I'd been getting really bad heartburn, so I stopped drinking v8 in the morning, and voila - I'm feeling better. But today I had taco soup - a sbd recipe - and it's back again.

It's supposed to warm up to 70 tomorrow! I hardly know what to wear or do with the weather being freezing one day, and warm the next.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 04:42 PM   #30  

Good afternoon and TGIF, chicks!

We had a day of glorious sunshine; it seems like we had been socked in with gray, snow and clouds for the last 2 weeks!! Like Ruth, our temperatures will be above normal and above freezing this weekend. Yay!

A good day at work and now a bit of a break from school. It is always nice to have a break, even if I don't have an exciting trip planned. I will be spending a couple of days helping my sister clean out the parents' house. They are settled in their new place but now the house needs to be sold and it is up to the kids to deal it since the parents are in no shape to do it. At least my sister and I get along well; it will be good to have some alone time with her.

Other than that I am trying a new pizza recipe tonight; the crust is almond flour and Parmesan. DH says the cauliflower pizza (which I like!) doesn't really count so I have been searching for a new recipe. I will be sure to share if it turns out well.

Ruth, hope you get the oil tank issue fixed!! We replaced our furnace a couple of years ago and converted from oil to LP gas. I like how quiet and efficient the furnace is, although we still do the bulk of our heating with the woodstove. I LOVE that little baby.

Amy, having your clothes fit better is a definite NSV (non-scale victory). I think we all agree with you: this is a way of eating that is sustainable, unlike so many diets. Plus I think most of us learn things about our bodies we never knew, like your tomato experience. I can't remember; where did you say you live? It won't be 70 around here for a long time!

Hope all the other chicks are having a good day!

Last edited by Beth19; 02-17-2017 at 04:44 PM.