South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-06-2017, 07:01 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Week of February 6th to 10th

Good morning. I woke at 6 this a.m. so have probably turned the corner and am mostly out of my funk. Having folks here for coffee and talking spring plans did the trick. Now to keep the momentum.

I am off for coffee at the UC Church for 8 or so and then will spend the morning or longer with the quilters. (I am working hard at not calling them "biddies" but am really sick of the gossip.) I am aiming to be home by 1 and get the darned laundry done. Maybe this will be the week I finally get to the coinwash with the big comforter.

I am going to be at a dinner meeting for the Church restoration/repurposing tonight and have other stuff coming so have to make every day count. It's Delta Winterfest this Saturday. At least it will be real winter as we are supposed to get a big storm. (Poop! I just checked and we are getting freezing rain! )

Time to feed and pet the doggage and give them extra cuddles before I take off. They are such good dogs and I feel guilty when they are left alone too much.

Have a good kick-off day for the work week!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 07:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Wow Ruth another busy day! Glad you are coming out of your funk. I too feel guilty when I am away from Coconut for too long. Especially since he is by himself now.

Not sure what is on the agenda other than getting my ride in. I probably should look over my Power Point presentation for tomorrow's meeting. Also, i really need to get my tax stuff together. Maybe some grocery shopping too.

Hope everyone has a mild Monday.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 09:18 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Wow what a game, it was great to watch but I was ready for bed. DD2 is staying home from school has a bad head cold, hopefully not passed around. Made great food choices yesterday and now on to day 2 of great choices. I am wfh today, though I have several conference calls, they changed one at 3 to a webex so I don't have to go in yeah!

Ruth glad you are feeling back to normal, I am sure your furbabies miss you when you are out and about as well

Jekel wow 2 hours of riding hills, not sure my quads could handle that

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 06:37 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey chicks! Happy Monday evening from the snowy north. We were getting quite a little snow squall when I came home from work. Alas, Ruth, looks like we might get some freezing rain in the next few days also.

Pearlrose, I went to bed in the 4th quarter and missed the excitement. I was very surprised to see the result when I woke up this morning, although I didn't really have a favorite in the game.

Jennifer, my exercise today was a bit of shoveling and helping DH move wood into the basement from the shed. Guess that has to count as "good enough" for today.

Have a good evening, all.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:44 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Chicks!

Sorry didn't get here yesterday. I got myself to work and didn't have energy for anything once I got home. Feeling much better only an occasional cough but tired. I'll take it easy after work today because days "off" are coming and it's supposed to be high 50's as we end the week!

Beth and Ruth, sorry to hear of snow and ice. Yuk. I'm enjoying nice weather now because our biggest snows are in March and April.

Rose, nice you are back on plan. I'm getting there.

Jennifer, hope your meeting goes well today!

Amy,

OK, I have some paperwork to accomplish then ready to head out. Have a great day everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 07:12 AM   #6  

Good morning,

I am off to work in a couple of minutes, have a busy schedule including an interview to replace my one direct report, fingers crossed they know reporting well enough to be able to train them to do what I need. Packed my lunch so I stay op today as well. Nothing on the agenda this evening. Crazy weather today it is 61 and rainy, I think we are back in the 30's tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 02-07-2017, 08:30 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Good morning!

I slept until 7 this morning but it was a late dinner meeting. I really should not allow myself to agree to three events in one day. The highlight of the day/month/year was being replaced as Treasurer for the quilting biddies! I now have no more community fiscal responsibilities except for doing some income tax returns for a few friends! I will probably celebrate with a soak in my new bubble bath rather than a shower.

We did get snow last night but today we are headed into freezing rain but yesterday I booked a getaway to Georgia for a week at the end of the month, overlapping into March. My friend Chris is doing a project for a mega flower grower down there and we will be working adding new varieties to their database. I am hoping the worst of the winter will be over by then.

Pearlrose, you can send me the warmer temperatures any time. Temps above freezing are spring to me.

Jennifer, my muscles ache just thinking of your ride!

Debbie, sounds like you got quite a dose of the current crud. Take care of yourself and enjoy the time off.

Beth, we aren't that far away from each other - as the eagle flies or the beaver swims - so we get pretty much the same weather.

So far no freezing rain here but friends who drives to SC every year left today to try to avoid the mess. They brought me their houseplants to care for until April. It's instant jungle in here.

Have a meaningful day.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 226.6/173.4/154

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

It's been unseasonably warm here and this I sat outside and had my coffee.

That hot springs sounds so fabulous, I can't get my mind off of it. We're planning a trip this summer to Iceland with hubby, daughter and her friend - my goal is to get in a hot spring!

I'm going today for dental surgery - I'm in the midst of a dental implant, today I'm getting another bone graft and they're putting in the post. It has to sit for a few months, then I can get the tooth. I'm wearing this retainer looking thing that has a tooth on it so I don't look like my forefathers with no teeth. This may make eating a bit of a difficulty these next few days.

Oh - on to the weight - the company party was Saturday night. I chose a steakhouse. I had a few glasses of champagne and a little wine and just stuck to the plan pretty well. My weight held steady. I've got .4 to go to make it officially 20. Hopefully I'll be there Thursday.

So I was looking at some things online, and I think it's very possible I have a carbohydrate intolerance. Any of you familiar with that? It's just beyond amazing how much better I feel when I don't eat white flour products in particular, and how badly I do feel when I do now.
msgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 04:59 PM   #9  

Hey chicks! School closed an hour early in anticipation of the bad weather. Being a rural district I'm sure they wanted the kids and buses off the roads before the freezing rain really hit. I was able to come home and exercise as well as do a little paperwork.

Ruth, good job on unloading another village duty! Sounds like you are exercising your "no thank you" muscle. Hope you had a good soak.

Debbie, I'm glad you are feeling better. I'm also looking forward to the time when I can work outside again.

Jennifer, way to go on your cycling!!

Pearlrose, I always pack my lunch for work. Good job getting your eating under control.

Hannah, DH found the same thing when we stopped eating white flour; he felt better and even had improved skin clarity. Stay on plan and the weight will continue to come off.

DH was craving steak; we took a couple out of the freezer Sunday but the weather has not cooperated; looks like we will do them under the broiler tonight rather than outside. I guess we should have checked the weather!

Last edited by Beth19; 02-07-2017 at 05:00 PM.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:01 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 217/217/156

Height: 5'4"

Default HELLO all y'all.

Hi everyone,
I'm back after years!! And Ruth, you're still here. I'm very on the go through Thursday, will do my best to P1 - might slide to P2, especially Thursday, with a possible long workday. I have to update my slider, if it shows up, I've gained ..

But I'm committed to healthy carbs.

I'm looking forward to supporting and being supported.

Warm regards to all,
Elyse

Last edited by Lisi; 02-07-2017 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Addition to post
Lisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 10:22 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 217/217/156

Height: 5'4"

PS, I need to know how to mark this forum to be sure I can find it. And what about on iPhone or iPad?
Thank goodness it was still in history, or somehow when I put 3fc in the address bar, the forums for sb came up.
Lisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 07:14 AM   #12  

Good morning,

Quick check in for me getting ready to leave for work. On agenda tonight is haircuts. Still eating op, one day at a time.

Welcome Elyse

Old 02-08-2017, 08:28 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

Welcome back, Elyse. For the life of me, I can't remember how to save addresses on the control bar! I did mine years ago. Maybe somebody else knows or I'll find it on my mental aging tape.

Had a nice, quiet and relaxing day yesterday and even put a huge pot of chicken stock on the hob to simmer overnight. Woke to a great aroma and two very interested dogs. Kibble and chicken stock is their favourite breakfast! Finally caught up on laundry too. The threatened freezing rain was not too terrible - it had a much worse effect in Ottawa and along the St Lawrence. The snow and ice is actually melting on the deck. Cold returns tomorrow so I'll clear it off today before it freezes.

Whoops! Gotta jet since I have a 9 a.m. appointment. Back later.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:02 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!\

Welcome back, Elyse. I have an iphone. I pulled up SBD forum on Safari then put it in favorites. That is accessed on the bottom . The square with arrow pointing up. Once it's on Favorites I can go to Safari and highlight the space where web addresses are. It will pull up my favorites. Perhaps that can work for you.

Ruth, glad your ice is melting. My pups both have tender digestive systems so get nothing out of the ordinary or I pay. How nice of you to share with them.

Rose, hope work goes fast.

Jennifer, ride on!

Beth, glad they let school out early. Steak sounds good!

Me, still giving myself permission to heal although I have already done exercises this morning. Now moving to paperwork and maybe a trip to Denver. Laundry is in the dryer and dishes put away. I'm working on some new healthy habits which start today. Wish me luck.

Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 05:08 PM   #15  

Afternoon, chicks.

We had a little reprieve in the weather today; it went above freezing overnight and then we actually had a bit of sun. The temperature will drop back down tonight but it makes me think spring is not too far away.

Ruth, DH and I were just talking about chicken soup. I think that is on the agenda this weekend. Hope you had a good day.

Pearlrose, I was just thinking today that I need to make a hair appointment. Maybe on the long weekend for President's Day.

Debbie, glad you are feeling better and kudos to you for new healthy habits.

Welcome to the gang, Elyse. I have both a kindle and an iphone. I bookmarked 3fc on the kindle but it does take a little searching to find the correct forum the 1st time. On my iphone I have used it enough times it just shows up on my "frequent" list when I hit Safari. (sorry, that probably wasn't much help)

Jennifer, are you slated to get the big snow tomorrow?

Have a good evening, chicks.