South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-23-2017, 06:46 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default South Beach Week of Jan 23-27

Good morning!

Here we go again! It's the last whole week in January. By next week we will be seeing our second month of the year. That could mean only one thing- I think we are getting closer to Spring. I seem to remember that last February we had some warm weather and I managed to work outside a bit. Since January is my least favorite month, I always need something to think about to look forward to.

I just went to bed early last night. Work was a little crazy. Up early- I've been getting my bags packed for our trip and pretty much everything is in the car except for food items that will freeze. (And dog beds-don't want the pups to get confused). I guess now all that is left is to drink coffee, make my smoothie and pack my lunch.

I took time and looked at the weather for our trip down. One of the worst blizzards I ever drove in was between the Colorado border and Santa Fe. I would not want to revisit that with the tiny car. It has great traction but very little clearance underneath. It looks like we are good. I haven't looked at the trip back. If we get stuck down there-oh well. Someone else will just have to work for me. Lol

I'm going to go find coffee. Have a great day (And a great week) everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 08:17 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

This is a kick off for a very busy week for me, a new project is kicking off so I will be going into the office for 3 days this week. Today is wfh, but have several conferences. Nothing on the agenda this evening other than maybe some more yoga to stretch my hamstrings, a bit tight from all of the stick collecting this weekend.

Debbie enjoy your trip and hopefully no snow during your travels.

Beth glad you had no issues dropping your DS off.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 08:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Debbie thanks for starting us off for the week. Have a wonderful time !!!! Do you kn ow what the last week of January means?????? My DS turns 21 the first week of February!!!! Another game changer in life. Well at least I colored my grays yesterday so I don't look old enough to have a 21 year old lol.

It was great having a day home. Beth I tried to wave but you couldn't see me in the crowds lol. Glad your ride was uneventful. Hope DS does what he is supposed to for his shoulder.

Today I will continue where I left off yesterday. I do need to spend time on the computer later (my choice I want to get a few work things out of the way) I think I can avoid the grocery store until Wednesday which is great considering that is pay day lol. Scale and I are still buddies. I seem to be holding steady 1-2 pounds under goal. Even if a don't lose a few more pounds before May I hope to lose a couple of inches around my hops and thighs. Spandex cycling attire is really not forgiving at all lol.

Have a great day!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 08:57 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! The last full week of January and hard to believe. I will be glad to see the back end of this month.

Debbie, thanks for starting us up on what will be a busy day for you. I'm glad to see the travel weather looks good for you. I can't imagine travelling with two dogs but understand why you take them along. (I was looking at some travel yesterday and then added in the kennel costs and decided to stay home.)

Rose, I have two appointments today but also need to WFH on Quilt Group year end reports - need to get it done before requests for tax return processing start up.

Jennifer, having a 21 year old daughter is a reality check! My first grandaughter is 25 and her turning 21 was a shocker. I was thinking of you yesterday while watching the Women's Marches here and in the States.

Beth, brace yourself because I'm sending snow your way tonight although no January deep freeze. We are almost out of snow in the yard so I'll be glad since muddy paw season looked imminent yesterday.

Spent a very quiet and peaceful day yesterday and even got the Bling Tree de-decorated and ready for Michelle to carry to storage. I must admit it was a full Jammie Day! I barely managed to stay awake for PBS Victoria and did not eat a proper meal - just snacks of leftover turkey and veggies. This morning the scale showed absolutely no change which is a good thing. Today will be different.

This a.m. I am off to the Balance Class that seemed to have been cancelled last week and then this afternoon I am going for foot care - with a new NICE nurse instead of the rough and crabby one who I felt like kicking. Took a while but I finally got the good one. I'm sure G was competent but she was just miserable. "Your nails are too long!" "Yes, that's why I come for footcare." Duh!

Time for a shower and some normal clothing. I intend to work on shaking off the current funk and getting back to alleged "normal" this week. Have a good one.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 07:43 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Evening, chicks.

Monday is out of the way, which is always nice. After school leftover weekend chores called my name which kept me busy.

Ruth, depending which prognosticator I listen to we could get 4-8 inches; we shall see. Interesting to be this deep in January and not have snow on the ground. Hope you had a productive day.

Debbie, have a safe and enjoyable trip. I'm looking forward to spring as well. It's probably almost time to look at seed and plant catalogs.

Jennifer, glad you had a good day off. I feel your pain with DS's milestone.

Pearlrose, at least busy weeks fly by.

Enjoy the rest of your evening, chicks.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 07:11 AM   #6  

Good morning,

Getting ready to leave for work, have a busy day ahead. Nothing on the agenda this evening other than trying to stay awake til at least 9, didn't work last night lol.

Jekel I know what you mean, my DS just turned 25 at the beginning of the month and I am like how is that possible

Ruth nothing wrong with a jammie day, sounds like you got a lot accomplished though

Beth I like busy weeks

Old 01-24-2017, 07:28 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks. We have ice (again); it was supposed to turn into snow overnight but I guess it is too warm. Soooooo..... another snow day for me! Luckily our school calendar includes 5 snow days so we aren't giving up any vacation days yet. It is the end of our marking period so I will work on grades from home today.

Pearlrose, I have a hard time staying awake in the evening too! Once I sit down to read or watch TV I find myself nodding off. But since I get up at 5:30 I figure it's ok. Have a good day!

Ruth, did you get snow or freezing rain?

Jennifer, back to work today? Hope your days off were restful.

I'm going to enjoy my coffee for a bit more before I start working.

Last edited by Beth19; 01-24-2017 at 07:29 AM.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 07:51 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Good morning from icy and snowless Delta. I just performed a rescue mission. I heard poor Jazz crying instead of his usual barking at cats and squirrels. My steps were so icy he could not get back up onto the deck from the yard. Poor guy and very mortifying for him as jet-propelled Millie probably flew up them. Methinks I'll block the steps and give them deck permissions until I can salt and sand. We have a snow-day here too, Beth.

Liked the new nurse who did my feet yesterday. (She is a chiropodist so I guess she's a doc.) She was thorough, gentle, friendly, told me my feet were in good shape, gave me a jar of coconut oil and buzzed off calluses on my heels. I think I'm 1/4 inch shorter but I do weight the same.

Rose, I have a had time staying awake after 9, especially when I watch TV. However I usually am awake at 5 although I have been sleeping longer lately. Maybe being retired is finally sinking in - it's only been 17 years!

Today is definitely not a PJ day around here although I don't expect any gentleman callers! I have one report hanging heavily over my head and need to work on the catalogue for schoolwork entries for this year's Fair. The software for 2016 taxes is here so I need to just rank myself up and stop lallygagging around - not sure that's a word but Dad used it a lot.

Have a safe and sound Tuesday.
Old 01-24-2017, 12:19 PM   #9  

Good afternoon popping in while eating soup at work.

Beth enjoy your snow day. We got nasty, icy, slushy mix overnight. Roads were good coming in but I will need to contend with the mess when I get home.

Ruth I would keep the pups on the deck until the mess clears up. No muddy paws either! Be careful if you venture out.

I am in the early to bed club too. I am usually in bed by 9 the latest. Last night i tossed and turned all night which was unusual for me. Hopefully tonight will be more restful. Not much to report here. Hope everyone has a kind day!
Old 01-24-2017, 01:22 PM   #10  
Come on Spring!

" I don't expect any gentleman callers!" she said and then Gus Brown showed up to sand my walk to the barn. He came in for coffee and a talk about Village stuff. (Sometimes I feel like the Mayor of Delta!) By then I had moved the bench on the deck to block the stairs and he moved it back and scraped and sanded the steps so all's right in my world. His timing was perfect because my turkey/veg soup had just finished so I was able to send him home with hot soup for his lunch.

This is just to explain why I am still in my jammies at 1;25! ... in case my mother is reading this in disgust!
Old 01-24-2017, 10:27 PM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I drove 300 miles now my sis is driving. 100 miles to Santa Fe. We took a dinner break half way and the dogs got out for a walk. Now they are sleeping sound.
Ruth, the friend we are going to visit started the pet therapy program I was involved with. Dogs coming were a requirement.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 01-24-2017 at 10:31 PM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 07:16 AM   #12  

Good morning,

Getting ready to head into work another super busy day, though I did throw in an eye appt in the middle of the day. My doc is at the hospital which is only a couple blocks away so since I had to go in might as well get it done. Made it to 9 p.m. last night before going to bed but I get up at 4:45 a.m. when I go into work.

Ruth it is good to have friends glad he sanded the paths for you

Jekel I had soup for dinner last night yum

Beth enjoy your snow day, we have 5 days built in as well

Debbie safe travels to you

Old 01-25-2017, 08:33 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

Hey...three of us had soup yesterday! Actually five since Gus and Toni did too! We sure know how to live. Today I'll package the rest for the freezer. Debbie, now I understand why you took the dogs! I can't imagine such a long drive - I'm wiped after three hours.

Richard ploughed and sanded the lane this morning so I'm no longer housebound and can get the car out. Right now the sun is shining and it looks like a gorgeous day. I do have one appointment today with the clinic pharmacist (aka Drug Dealer) to go over my meds, list them and do renewals for some. Now all I have to do is take the darn things regularly! .... and get over being in denial. This afternoon, the nose goes to the grindstone to finish deskwork.

Have a good day, all!
Old 01-25-2017, 10:22 AM   #14  

One of the perks of taking the train to a meeting....I get to check in lol. Debbie have an amazing trip...Pearlrose your post reminded me I am overdue for the eye dr....Ruth did Gus and Tom like your Jammie's??? Lol

Dreading this meeting as it is way over my pay grade! Luckily I convinced my Chief I needed muscle lol.
Old 01-25-2017, 05:24 PM   #15  

You know you are looking stress when the car wash attendant said I should go home, have a nice dinner and a glass of wine! Lol I got notified at the end of my tour that our new chief (the head honcho) will be coming to my command tomorrow morning. He will be there by 0600 to meet the over night officers stay for the day tour roll call and then spend the rest of the day with me. Saying I am nervous about this is an understatement!!!!!

On a positive note, came home got a "freshly pressed" uniform out of the closet and thought....hmmm I wonder if my "skinny" uniform pants fit me. I have not been able to wear them in quite some time. Guess who will be sporting her skinny uniform pants tomorrow!!!! So even though the scale is moving slowly the inches seems to be melting away. LOL I do think I will have a glass of wine tonight.