South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 11-28-2016, 08:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Weekly Chat 11/28-12/2

Wait December starts this week????? WOW another month flies by!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 08:11 AM   #2  

Seriously are the months getting shorter.

Had a very nice time at my sister's yesterday. Great spending time with my nieces and nephews. DS enjoyed it too and even got up early yesterday and went for a haircut!!! A pre Christmas miracle lol. We will not discuss my incredibly poor food choices yesterday lol. Today and the next few days will be P1 to undue the damage I know I caused. My next social function is not until Dec 16th (my union's holiday party).

I do need to run to JoAnn Fabric later to get a skein of yarn. I am making a hat with chunky yarn that I doubled up for extra warmth. I thought one skein (they are pretty small) would have sufficed. Also, going to get my mom's Christmas / Birthday box in the mail. Both my mom and step dad have birthdays this month. Otherwise its just getting mentally ready to go back to work tomorrow. Huge sigh lol

Have a fabulous day!
Old 11-28-2016, 08:18 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Happy Monday! Late start for me so I'm outta here to start my overbooked day. Back later.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 07:11 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Made it through Monday, which is nice, although the kids were a little sleepy...imagine that!

Was only up a pound this morning from last week so I was happy with that. I will be drinking extra water and trying to make good choices in between holiday events. Let's hear it for Kalyn's SB dessert recipes!! (yummmmm....pumpkin cheesecake!)

Ruth, hope the busy day was a good one.

Jennifer, could this be a sign DS is growing up??? I should take up knitting also and slow down my evening snacking. And yes, we start the new month this week. I can't believe we are already approaching the halfway point of our marking period! Seems like we just did report cards.

to the rest of the chicks.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 07:32 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good evening,

Somehow never got on here this morning, I am happy to report that even thought I had very poor eating choices almost for the whole week, I am only up a lb this morning. I am going to do phase 1 for a few days anyways to make sure I break the cycle before Christmas time gets here.

I will go back and read everyone's post that I have missed and will catch up in the a.m.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 05:42 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

A very cold morning here! I am up early so I have plenty of coffee drinking time for it to work. Nothing much else exciting.

Kudos, Rose and Beth for a one pound up week! Glad to had great family time!

Jennifer, you motivated me to finish a hat I've been working on. I accomplished it last night. Sounds like you'll stay warm in a knitted chunky hat. What color is it? Mine is rounds of different colors.

Ruth, I hope you are finding some me time for this week.

I guess I better proceed with some more chores before my next cup of coffee. It's the only way anything. I don't have much desire to do things after work projects.

Have a great day everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 08:22 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Good morning from just above freezing Delta. Freezing rain was predicted for the Seaway overnight but we dodged the bullet though and left the car in the lane. Good thing because I dozed off early in the evening. Sure had a good sleep though and was much relieved to not have to scrape ice off my car.

Beth, our snow is almost all gone but more is on the way. If you want more, come on up later in the week.

Debbie, I understand completely about getting stuff done first thing in the a.m. Now that we get dark early up here, I keep waiting for the 6 pm news at around 4.

Jennifer, you did have to mention Jo-Ann's! We have none in Canada but I do sometimes scoot across the border and buy quilting fabrics that call my name.

Pearlrose, I have been slipping - time for me to go back and review basics. I'll start today by making some veggie and bean soup from my frozen concentrated chicken stock.

This morning I'm off to the hospital for an ultra-sound on my darned shoulder. (Been waiting for an appointment since August!) I suspect it's simply arthritis. Seems to me I'm starting to fall apart with sore feet from hammertoes, tooth problems, crazy blood sugar levels, another knee heading for replacement and lousy night vision! As my Dad always said "Old age is not for wimps but when you examine the alternatives ...." Anyhow, I am working on getting my s*** together and have been opting out of the usual volunteer jobs to get more time to myself.

Time to jump into the shower and tackle the day!
Old 11-29-2016, 08:41 AM   #8  

Good morning,

The rain here has finally stopped, it rained all day yesterday (guess it could have been snow), I am probably going to wfh all week as all of my meetings are remote. The mailman keeps bringing boxes as I did all my shopping online this year did not do Black Friday. The scale went back down this morning but I am still going to continue with Phase 1 for a few more days, made a tasty turkey veggie soup that I will be eating on for a few days.

Debbie I agree with you I like to straighten up the house first thing in the morning as well. Sounds like you are continuing with your outdoor projects.

Ruth its a good thing to take care of yourself but I do know what you mean the older you get seems like there are more aches and pains.

Beth glad you had a good time with your family as well

Jekel sounds like you have a good hobby now, what project are you working on? Glad you got to spend time as well with family.

Jenne welcome back

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 11-29-2016, 04:43 PM   #9  

Why oh why is the first day back to work after vacation always sooooo long lol. Will need another desk day just to catch up from today. I did get my ride (indoor of course) in before work so tonight I can just relax.

Debbie I love the circle and even rectangle loom! I made a grey tweed chunky hat for Joe. Mine is an "Irish sweater white" as I call it. So far I've made a baby hat and booties. I am really enjoying these projects as they are quick and easy!

Ruth hope your shoulder is ok. Is this a result from your treadmill incident?

Pearlrose your vacation pics were great!!! I just got two tops I ordered online for myself lol. I am only expecting one more gift I ordered through Etsy. I had an address plaque made for Joe's new home.

Debbie I hope you found some time for yourself today between projects.

Beth glad the kids were sleepy their first day back. Hopefullly they didn't drive you nuts today.

Tonight's excitement includes looming and paying bills. Have a great evening.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:48 AM   #10  

Good morning,

Today is another wfh day for me but I do need to run DD2 to the doctor as she has another ingrown toenail that we need to get taken care of. Have a couple of conference calls and am working on reports fun fun. I need to find time to run to Kohl's to use my free cash money, tried to use it online and pick up in store so as not to pay for shipping but darn website would not let me, guess I could try this morning.

Jekel sounds like you found a fun hobby that keeps your hands busy

Old 11-30-2016, 10:10 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

Late good morning from me. I am finally managing to sleep through the night and wakening just before seven. What a relief after so many years of auto-pilot for 5:20 to primp and go to work! I guess I finally am retired!

Like Debbie, I like to straighten up my house first thing too. Sometimes I get it all done before the coffee is made. I really don't know who comes in here at night and messes up stuff. Can't be the dogs.

Pearlrose, tell your DD I sympathize over the toenail problem.

Jennifer, I've never done weaving and it's just as well. I have several unfinished projects as it is - including a cross stitch baby quilt for my grandaughter who will be 25 this year. She grew up too fast. And yes, the shoulder ccrud if from the treadmill disaster back in April.

Today I have three things on my must do list and I'd better get at them as it's well after 10! I've already cancelled my foot care appointment with the clinic and finished off the chicken stock that's been cooking all night. Now I need to get a run cake in the oven and finish a quilt before starting writing some Christmas letters. I told the dogs I would be in all day - except for a mail run.

Enjoy this mid-week day and wave farewell to November.
Old 11-30-2016, 05:28 PM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hello!
Finally getting here. Hubby was having issue this morn then I got to work and they decided to let me go home. Got home and the plumber called and was ready to come fix a drip on the boiler. Then time to get through the project to get mom for mani/pedi. She's there now so I went home and fixed her printer yay. took out the printer head and washed it. Per a YouTube video. Glad it worked. I am enjoying lunch at the deli next door. My first quiet of the day.
Don't know the plan to tomorrow yet. One day at a time.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 05:45 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey everyone, another busy day which included staying late with the robotics kids.

Since tomorrow December begins I will take the turkey table cloth off tonight and switch things up. I think I will try to decorate for Christmas this weekend.

No time for personals; the timer is beeping that summer is ready!

Hope everyone had a great Peak of the Week!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 06:54 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Good morning from springlike Delta! Our snow is melted but replaced by mud in the dogyard so it's a good thing Michelle is coming today! (We need a foot/paw bath thingie on the back deck.) No more snow on the menu until late next week which suits me fine. Today the temps will go to almost 50ºF which suits me fine.

Beth, I may make a start at Christmas decorating today. Even taking the autumn wreath off the door would be the first step. Michelle is going to clean the diningroom light fixture and we may loop greenery and berries through it while she's up on the ladder.

Debbie, one day at a time sounds like the only way for you to get through your busy life. I'm glad you found time yesterday to have a relaxing alone time at lunch.

Time to lug the trash to the road. It is supposed to be there by 6:30 but the lad never shows until 10! Then I'll tackle the pre-Michelle tidying and maybe get the last few steps done on that quilt so I can hand it in at Monday's meeting. The rum cake for the pot-luck part is in the freezer and I do have a gift that just needs to be wrapped.

Have a thrilling Thursday or a thoughtful one - your choice.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:46 AM   #15  

Good morning,

This week is flying by and hard to believe it's December 1st. Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit! It will be Christmas before we know it. I think I have majority of gift's purchased now just waiting for them to come in. Today is another wfh day.

Ruth- they ended up giving DD2 antibotics for 10 days and a referral to get her toe nail fixed - they called already so we are scheduled for December 13th. When did you see you are getting your shoulder checked out?

Beth I will admit it was kind of nice coming home and having all the decorations up already but if we had stayed home, I would have waited until after Thanksgiving.

Debbie sounds like you had a very busy day yesterday despite not ending up working