South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-29-2016, 06:02 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend - October 29th and 30th

Been up and at 'em since three. Just could not get back to sleep. Have done a few bits of house stuff and am now going to shower and pack my suitcase with just the essentials. I am inclined to take too much stuff and this is really just a short trip. I get to Toronto at 11:30, the wedding is at 4 and I hop the Sunday afternoon train and get back to Kingston at 4 or so. I am glad I took the dogs to the kennel late yesterday afternoon although I do miss their happy morning greeting.

Behave yourselves and I'll see you Monday. Enjoy the last October weekend.

...and leave the Hallowe'en treats alone!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 07:26 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

DD1 did not pass her test again, darnit. Have to switch up the plan I guess, she still freaked out when she took the test, we have to figure out how to stop that. Anyways, onward we go. Today I am leaving in about an hour to go to volunteer veteran's group activity from work, we are going to clean up a housing complex for veterans. It is going to be a warm beautiful day, so that will be nice.

Ruth enjoy the wedding, have fun!

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 09:05 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Pearlrose, I feel so bad! DD must be really frustrated. Have a good time working outside. We have 40* and pouring so no outside work today, just cleaning and laundry.

Ruth, have a great time! I bought some candy for the kids at school and it is safely locked up there!

Debbie, work or a project today?

Jennifer, hope you had a safe trip and learned something productive! Did you stay warm?

Off to refill my coffee cup.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 07:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning everyone. Today is my only day off until the next weekend. Training was really interesting. Saratoga is now on my I must go here again list. Fell in love with the town, but will not go during racing season as I here it is a zoo! I spent a small fortune at Saratoga Olive Oil. Only one minor glitch, the hotel lost power Thursday night during our annual banquet. Luckily my room faced the parking lot which had emergency power for the lights. It was a little creepy. Today is laundry, cooking and ironing as tomorrow I start a week of Crisis Intervention training. Plus a retirement party Friday night in the Bronx. I was elected to get the flowers for the retirees wives. My only outing today is to pick up my bike. I was going to ride last week and noticed my front wheel was wobbly. Hopefully a few well placed spoke adjustments will do the trick.

Pearlrose I am so sorry DD1 did not pass her exam. She must be so upset. I'm sure she knows the material. Sadly so many stress themselves out during exams. Hopefully she finds a strategy that works for her. How was the Veteran's event?

Beth I finally broke down and bought Halloween candy last night. A multi pack of Halloween Cracker Jacks and a small bag of little boxes of Junior Mints. Last year I did not get one trick or treater. If the same holds true this year my purchase is going right back to the store.

Debbie are you off today? Did they move the gravel from in front of your walk?

Ruth have a great time at the wedding!!!

Time to enjoy my last cup of coffee before starting what hopefully will be a productive day.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 10:00 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

The sun is shining and we will be in the 70s today, crazy weather but I will not complain. Yesterday, we cleaned up their compound in about 2 hours, tons of leaves but as we raked more were coming down lol. They said that had a second group coming in to take care of the second phase. It was a beautiful day outside and in the 80's and I looked at this week and the high doesn't go below 70 for next week.

Jekel glad you had a good time, I think no power at a hotel might be a bit creepy for sure. Hope the bike fix was an easy one. DD1 is going to have to fine a test taking strategy that will work for her.

Ruth hope you had fun at the wedding.

Beth and Debbie

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 12:14 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Afternoon, chicks!

I've been a busy girl already today; grocery store, laundry and making quiche and muffins for the week ahead. Somehow I have to hit up at least 2 stores to get the groceries in the brand and size that I want. After lunch I hope to fit in a workout but maybe I should spend a little time in the yard pulling out the dead annuals.

Jennifer, glad you had a good week, with the exception of the power outage. Is that the first time you have been to Saratoga? My dream retirement home is in the southern Adirondacks, preferably in that corner. Hope you have a productive day.

Pearlrose, enjoy your weather! We are moving into what DH and I call pre-winter; those days where there's plenty of rain and highs in the 40s. Ugh. Hugs to DD.

Ruth, hope you had a great time and safe trip home.

Debbie, have a great day.

Guess it is time to think about lunch. Have a great day, everyone!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote