South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-24-2016, 07:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Weekly Chat Oct 24-Oct 28

I'm up and coffee is ready for anyone who needs a cup
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 07:23 AM   #2  

Just caught up on the weekend posts.

Debbie hope you and Kirk enjoyed your breakfast out. Nice to be off on a Sunday

Pearlrose enjoyed your pics on Facebook. You look great!!! Sounds like your community is great for family events.

Beth I can relate, weekends seem to be the same here. Glad you enjoyed the craft fair. I am going to Woodstock wind chimes annual warehouse sale next month. I plan to get some Christmas gifts there.

Ruth was the wedding this weekend?

As for me, Saturday was work followed by the usual stuff. Between the dogs barking at wond most of the night and Joe's snoring I was very tired Sunday. Sunday we made a long quick trip to PA to pick up the furniture he ordered. The pieces came out beautiful!!!! Everything fit but barely in the truck. We both napped on the way home, lol not together. I drove the majority of the ride home. His truck is BIG and I couldn't put the seat back to be comfy so it was a little challenging. I did manage a great night sleep last night.

I've been under a lot of stress at work and it is effecting my brain at home. I'm mentally wiped by day's end that I've been getting lazy with nutrition and exercise. I am hoping to change that starting today. It's time to fire up the crock pot and make some veggie chili. I plan on getting some walks / exercise in while I am at the conference this week. I really need a mental break. Sadly it is not police work that is stressing me, it's the officers and daily drama. Ugh!

Oh well one more cup then time to get moving. Lots to do before leaving Wednesday morning. Debbie could you send me some of your energy today???? Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-24-2016, 07:30 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Morning, Jennifer. We were sumul-posting so there's lots of coffee this morning.

Been remiss about checking in lately - somehow my days just get sucked away. I'll try to do better.

After three days of rain - my sump pump turned on! - we had a sunny but cold day yesterday and I finally got the houseplants into the house and cleaned up. I need a garden room built on. I now have three huge Spider Plants and two large red flowered Mandevillae. I am looking for homes for some of them.

It was a three dog weekend and still is. Liz and Moel entrusted me with their precious Milo and he folded in with my two very well. He seems completely recovered from his spinal fusion except he no longer lifts his leg to pee but $4K well spent according to his "parents". He's half Jack Russell and half longhaired dachshund and is a really delightful dog. I think mixing such different breeds may have led to the spine problem - a long spine on a shorter and very active breed- but Mother Nature goofs sometimes.

Finally I have decided to get my hearing retested and get some hearing aids that fit. Mine keep falling out of my ears so I've not been wearing them but it's time. A friend caught me the other day giving a really off-topic to a question she asked.. Duh! Last test was 2011 so it's time. Between this and getting heck from the diabetic nurse re my bloodtesting and not taking my meds, I really need to get with it. It's too bad I feel just fine without medication.

Help yourselves to coffee and pet my three dogs while I get dressed and take off for town to get a lecture from the audiologist or whatever they are called. Later today I'll clear out the rest of the porch flowerboxes as we are expecting a hard frost.

Wishing you a blue and gold October day.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 08:29 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Yesterday it was up in the early 80's, we did go to Frightfest and it was crowded but we had fun, we left around 7 p.m. to get home early. Today is wfh but have several conferences, going to be a busy week this week. Have to go into work most of the week but I did take of Wednesday for DD1 Nursing board exam so I can drive her, I think she is ready mentally this time.

Jekel sounds like you had a busy weekend. Work stress seems to always be related to people somehow. I hope you have fun at the conference. I am going to a conference next Tuesday in Vegas.

Ruth glad you are taking care of yourself, we gotta remember to do that.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 07:59 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Evening, chicks.

Just another busy work day for me. At least the sun came out although with a stiff breeze; must be Canadian air or something. We didn't have any here but several of my colleagues got caught in snow this past weekend in the mountains. Around here the kids have to plan their Halloween costumes to fit over a snow suit!

Jennifer, glad you had a good weekend; chili sounds like the ticket. That's one of DH's specialties.

Pearlrose, my thoughts are with DD as she preps for the exam!

Ruth, we are all going to repeat it to you: take care of yourself!

Ok, time to sip some decaf and get lost watching cat videos.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 07:03 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I did not get here yesterday. I ended up running out the door to work. Everything is more complicated when I had to park a block away. Work was crazy when I got home my feet were shot. Kirk had worked all day so we just went to bed early. Today I seem to be a little bit more organized. It's because I set the alarm earlier. I'm enjoying coffee outside and it's time to shower. I've got my smoothies made already. Today is the day that I leave work and go directly to my Rolfing appointment so I need to grab a change of clothes.

Beth, we almost always have snow right around Halloween but it seems this year we won't. We are still having beautiful warm days and I'm getting lots done in the yard.

Jennifer, sorry about work stress. It seems to be going around. LOL

Pearlrose, glad you had such a fun weekend! I'm not fond of those scary things, either.

Ruth, good for you updating the hearing aids. Technology has really advanced for the better.

I'd better get cracking or I'll be running late again. LOL. Happy Tuesday everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 10-25-2016 at 07:04 AM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 07:20 AM   #7  

Good morning,

I am off and running leaving for work, going to another hospital today for a site visit. Nothing on the agenda this evening.

Old 10-25-2016, 07:30 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Good morning from cloudy and wet Delta where the temperature is right at freezing. If we get the predicted rain later it may come down as snow. I guess it's time for me to get the snowtires put on. I usually wait until November 11 but who knows what's ahead after our strange winter of last year. Beth, do you use snows or stick to all weather?

Well, I could not get my hearing tested yesterday because my right ear is full of wax that will need major flushing. I am to put oil in it every night and then go for a flushout next week at my clinic. Who needs the aggravation! Grrr! (I am trying to take care of myself but it's a struggle.)

I'm back to only two dogs again as Milo went home last night. The three of them are great pals and get along beautifully. They all slept snuggled together on the round bed although Milo did bring his own bed.

Jennifer, sorry you are stressing a bit at work - it always IS the people, isn't it? Remember that you do a very important job and take care of yourself. You have inspired me to make and freeze some crockpot chili tonight.

Pearlrose, it sounds like your daughter is mentally ready for the exam this time. I'm glad you can take the time off to drive her. I remember when my DD took her exams - she was a wreck but was living with her father at the time so he got the brunt of it.

Debbie, no wonder your feet are tired. You work so hard. I admire your dedication to smoothies - I've yet to meet one that I like.

Today is a stay home and catch up sort of day. I will finish those darned pants and make a few decisions about what to take along over the weekend for the wedding. Still stymied over what to give as a gift since the couple have been living together for seven years and say they need nothing. I may end up giving a gift certificate since time is really short now. Besides that, I don't want to lug a bulky gift with me on the train, business class or not.

Tim to get it in gear and slowly, slowly start taking care of myself. Setting up my daily meds and taking them will be a start!

Stay warm if you are caught in Canadian air.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:44 PM   #9  

Good afternoon, chicks.

A very busy day at work; had a meeting with the Big Boss first thing (don't worry, just a small committee I was drafted to join) and then it was off and running. I came home a little bit early ( which means I stayed late by less than an hour ) so I could workout. Now it's just the normal dinner prep and clean up for me.

Ruth, I drive one of those honking-big SUVs so I don't really need snow tires. DH and I decided years ago that running around with kids in the winter necessitated 4WD. Hope you had a good day.

Debbie, I must admit my smoothie is usually an afternoon snack. What an inconvenience to have to park so far away from the house.

Pearlrose, hope the hospital visit went smoothly. Thinking of DD as she take her exam!

Jennifer, the leaves are probably all gone in Saratoga; hopefully you won't get any snow!

Time to check on dinner. Later!
Old 10-25-2016, 08:02 PM   #10  

Good evening chicks!

Ruth thank you, I do often forget to take care of myself when stressed. Hope your chili is as yummy as mine turned out. You can't go wrong with a gift certificate.

Debbie I am a big smoothie drinker. Its my daily breakfast and summer dessert treat!

Pearlrose thinking of your DD. So glad you are able to take her.

Beth great job making time to workout!!!!

I had my annual and was down three pounds from last year. My home scale is actually one pound heavier than the doctor's which was a nice little surprise. I have to go for an ultra sound since TOM is visiting way too often. Since I have not had a real physical in several years, she drew my blood to check my thyroid level and see if I am anemic or iron deficient. In a way I am hoping something minor shows as I have been exhausted lately despite sleeping soundly.

I'm all packed and ready for Saratoga. Thanks to Beth I am bringing a winter coat and gloves. Luckily the work car is AWD Explorer just in case some of the white stuff should fall.

Have a cozy evening.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:27 AM   #11  

Good morning,

Did my workout and just finishing breakfast, hit the shower and they we are headed out the door. Thank you to everyone for thinking of DD today.

Ruth maybe part of your hearing problem was the wax buildup that would be a good surprise. I remember when DS was about 9 months old they had to wrap him in a papoose so they could get all of the wax out of one his ears, that was hard to watch.

Jekel yeah for being under for your annual always makes you feel better doesn't it Hope they can figure out what is going on for. Have fun at the conference.

Beth I am sure the kids are probably talking a lot about Halloween already. I came home from work and DH had bought a ton of candy to give out (thank goodness I don't really like what he bought)

Debbie hope your Rolfing appts are helping your back

Old 10-26-2016, 08:29 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!

Jennifer, safe travels and I hope you don't find any crummy weather.

Beth, I have snow tires on the small but all season does it on the SUV. Nice to get home a little early for a change.

Ruth, hope you only got rain. I'm not looking forward to the other stuff. Glad to hear Milo is doing so well since surgery.

Pearlrose, keeping my fingers crossed for DD. So nice you could take off to drive her.

I've been working in the house this morning. Don't know if I mentioned I'm going to take a few Sundays off. This week and next for sure, so I have 5 days and very nice weather to work in the yard. I have a goal to have several areas ready for planting in the Spring. This year the beds weren't ready. It took me quite awhile to find the little oil bottle in the basement for the mini-tiller. I have new soil ready to put in a front bed. Alas, DH informed me we are painting the porch today. I'm actually grateful he's stepping up to get it done. He sands and I paint, so I can get some yardwork done in between.

OK, better get going. Have a great day everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 09:06 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

Good morning and thanks for the lovely hot coffee! There's not much warm stuff here this a.m. as my furnace thermostat has decided to turn itself way down at night. I guess it's time to find the manual and get my brain in gear. The first hint was that the propane "woodstove" was blazing away trying hard to heat the whole house instead of just the back room.

Jennifer, congrats on being below goal! Strange that you have the draggy feeling although you are sleeping well. Good idea to get it checked. (Listen to the champion procrastinator giving advice!)

Debbbie, I am envious of you having Kirk to help with the house stuff. It's so nice to have help with major To Do List stuff. My front porch will have to wait until spring now.

Beth, do you get many kids down there for Hallowe'en? I get about thirty early ones and then turn off the lights in the front of the house. I have a bit of a problem with the adult sized kids in costume. In my opinion 13 should be the cutoff for trick or treating. Six footers in disguise make me nervous.

Pearlrose, today's the day your DD writes the nursing exam, right? So glad you arranged your schedule so you could drive her.

Our forecast is for even colder weather and SNOW! Good thing I got myself in gear and brought in all the plants over the past week. I do wish the rest of the trees would drop their leaves so I can rake and stop the doggage from bringing in leaves stuck to their coats.

Another coffee and then I'll tiddle up for a trip to Brockville. That'll be the second time this week and I go again Friday for a haircut. I plan to relax with hand sewing and TV this afternoon and try to get out of tonight's Fair AGM as early as possible. (Yes, the pants are done!)

Have as humpless a Hump Day as possible. Maybe just a gentle slope?
Old 10-26-2016, 07:19 PM   #14  

Hey everyone, just popping in for a minute. Busy day at work (always), my robotics group worked after school and then I did a few minutes of exercise before making dinner. Now I'm sitting down and getting caught up on all the news.

Pearlrose, hope DD's exam went well.

Ruth, I had to scrape the windshield this morning. Keeping my fingers crossed we won't get that white stuff too soon.

Debbie, how awesome that you and DH have the energy and weather to do the house chores.

Jennifer, glad you packed a warm jacket!

Have a good evening, all.
Old 10-27-2016, 07:13 AM   #15  

Good morning,

DD1 took the entire allotted 6 hours to finish her exam and she got all 265 questions again, so now we wait and see if she passed. We will know late tomorrow, we went by the Lincoln memorial so she could rub Lincoln's lucky nose, it should be luck because his nose is gold now for everyone rubbing it

I am off to work this morning for several meetings. Nothing on the agenda this evening.

Debbie that is great to have several days off in a row to be able to take care of yourself and projects

Ruth we don't get very many trick or treaters but get more since the church three doors down does a trunk or treat.

Beth does the robotics team have a competition they are working for?