Couple of Questions

• What is/are alternachics?

What is/are butter tarts?

TIA.
  • Sflake, Mauvais didn't feel that she "fit in" with most of the threads, so started her own. We're not weirdos (well, SOME of us are ) We're just a big mixture... Christians, athiests, Wiccans, whatever... straight, gay, bi... whatever. I guess basically we're just all-embracing. Alternachicks is for anyone.

BUTTER TARTS!! Holy petolies, hon... don't even TASTE one! Bet you've never had Sugar Pie, either, huh? http://www.buttertartstodiefor.ca/
  • Alternachicks is a group of folks who post in the Alternachick forum which is in the General Forums Section.

Butter tarts are incredibly delicious tarts that are sort of Canada's national dish! They are made with corn syrup, brown sugar, eggs and butter and can contain raisins or currants. They are standard fare at any country event. The really good ones sort of run off your elbow while you eat them! Think pecan pie filling but no pecans and runnier! Yum!
    YOU DO NOT NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THIS!
  • How about Pet de Soeurs? Tried those? Otherwise called, Nun's Farts.
  • Thats it...I am moving to Canada!! They look to be delish!! Nope never had a sugar pie...what a sheltered life I lead. I think I might join in on the alternachicks, as I too, am somewhat weird and all embracing!! hehehe

Thanks Ellis.
  • and Thanks to Ruth...Good thing I never had em cuz I would be twice as big as I am now....pastry is my weakness..
  • I hope nuns farts taste better then they sound. hehehe
  • They taste great but you have to hold your nose. i think they are a type of meringue.
  • No no.. they're like a little cinnamon bun. You take your left-over pastry and roll it up with butter and cinnamon. What kind of French-Canadian are YOU!
  • Je suis irlandaise, pas canadienne-francaise! Zut et flute!
    Maybe I was thinking of nuns' sighs.