South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 06:55 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Last Monday in June

Good morning from damp and humid Delta. I'm not sure if it's raining or just very, very humid.

Hard to believe June is gone - and I still do't have my veggies planted. Luckily I did plant some assorted lettuce plants in a deck flowerbox. They look quite pretty and give me enough for small salads.

This afternoon I'll hit the road and deliver homemade tags for the school entries for the Fair. By the time I get back, the official tags will probably have arrived from Canada Post. Sure hope so because a Postal Strike is looming and we do need a ton of tags for the regular, non-schoolwork entries before mid-July.

Between the hot weekend weather, tag hassles, having to cover at the Mill and other non-fun stuff, I'd love to just stay home today but ...

Stop griping, Ruthie, and get it together.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:01 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning! We also have damp and humid. I think the rain has stopped for the minute but more is on tap. I think I may try to wash and wax my car today if it is going to be too wet to garden. I did spend quite a bit of time working around the blueberry bushes yesterday but rain out of energy before I ran out of weeds!

Other than that, I am going to enjoy my first Monday of summer vacation. I should probably chop and freeze some rhubarb before it is gone. I love that SF strawberry jello-rhubarb concoction.

Ruth, I'm glad you got this batch of tags done and hopefully the others will show up.

Debbie, great job on the roof!

Right now I am going to enjoy my coffee.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:04 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I'm just about to head to the real job. I got caught up in the house this morning. It was much needed. I've started unloading both vehicles of the project stuff. A little bit at a time it will get done. Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-27-2016, 08:54 AM   #4  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Ruth. Hope things settle down for you soon and you can enjoy summer. I too have lettuce in a very high flower box where rabbits can't get at it.

Beth. Enjoy your first day of holidays and envious of your rhubarb. It was selling at 2.50 a lb. Here.

Debbie. I hope you are appreciated for your skills. We just had a new roof done at $$$.

Just came back from spending time with my grandsons and daughter while sil was away. So much fun. The wild blueberries look plentiful this year. I had an appt with a gynoand will have surgery in October. Until then I hope to make the most of this summer. Sorry if I only check in occasionally.
Take care
Sophie
Closed Thread