South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 05:41 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend on The Beach

Another warm and sunny weekend ahead - so glad I can crank up the AC if it gets too bad. Right now it's a gorgeous 52F outside which the dogs have decided is chilly so have gone back to bed. It'll be hot later on but is lovely right now.

The darn entry tags did not arrive yesterday despite promises of delivery so I did make some up and delivered them. I will have to print up another 1K to take to the schools first thing Monday. So much for an easy weekend although I plan to find "me" time. I have a quilt to deliver to a cancer patient this afternoon and plan to work in a quick trip to a fabric festival down at The River. I'll wave southeast at Beth! (By the way "The River" in this part of the country is always The St. Lawrence.)

Time to crank up the day. I'll have another coffee while I finish a minor alteration on a new top I plan to wear today when I sell bread at The Mill this morning.

Enjoy this summer weekend!
Old 06-25-2016, 08:26 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Rats about the tags, Ruth, but at least you were creative! I wish I could join you at that fabric festival today. It sounds like fun! Enjoy your day!

I've already been up to the project to take the tarps off the roof. We got rained out yesterday in the afternoon. I went ahead and told my boss and coworker that I need Sunday off and tomorrow is supposed to be super sunny. Crossing my fingers to finish. Now all I need to do is drink coffee and enjoy the morning.

Happy Saturday everyone!
Old 06-25-2016, 03:21 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon, chicks! (did you know with 1 quick typo I can turn all you "chicks" into "hicks"?? lol)

I took a walk this morning then went and bought myself some new sneakers and a few grocery items. Now I am inside where it is cool. I didn't make it out to work in the garden and won't do it now. Maybe early tomorrow morning. DH is going to grill burgers tonight so I don't have to heat up the kitchen.

Ruth, too bad about the tags. I think I saw you waving! I might have to put Delta on the to do list sometime soon....

Debbie, hope the roof project goes well; that it gets finished and with no rain! It would be a hot day to do a roof here today!

Happy Saturday!
Old 06-25-2016, 07:38 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

from sunny California, have friends meeting us this evening. Just wanted to stop and say Hi.

Last edited by Pearlrose; 06-25-2016 at 07:39 PM.
Old 06-26-2016, 06:01 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Another bright and very hot day ahead but the dogs and I sat on the deck for coffee just now and it was gloriously cool - and quiet except for the loons crying across the lakes!

Well, things have a way of working out. I started the big entry tag print job and ran out of ink. Mentioned it at the Town Hall yesterday and William. long-time friend, councillor, Fair secretary, teacher and Park Manager took over the job and will have his night shift security guys print and cut the tags. When I heard that, I gladly handed over the job and went home for a solid 3-hour "nap"!!! I missed the FabFest and quilt delivery but had not made arrangements as yet.

Not sure what today will bring but do know it'll be hot which means fewer visitors at the Mill. I will go in to cover for a while since we are very short-staffed this weekend. Next weekend will be a big one since it's sandwiched between Canada Day and The Fourth so I'll need to be sure we have good coverage.
Old 06-26-2016, 06:50 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Ruth and chicks to come!

The windows and doors are open and there is a delightful breeze right now as I drink coffee. I will close things up in an hour or two before the big warm up. I heard the neighbor driving by in his tractor before 6:00 this morning. Not sure if he is haying or something else but I guess he wanted to get an early start before the heat. For a place in the country it can be noisy around here!!

Ruth, it is awesome that William took over the tag production. Enjoy your day.

Debbie, hope the roof project is going well.

Pearlrose, hope you are enjoying your trip!

It is strawberry season here and I must confess buying a few quarts from an Amish stand Friday. Last night I made a pie of sorts with strawberries and sugar free jello. It was sooooo delicious. I also made a SF strawberry-rhubarb pie which quickly went into the freezer for later. It is such a short window of time when the berries are ripe that I must splurge a bit.

Have a good day chicks.

Last edited by Beth19; 06-26-2016 at 06:51 AM.
Old 06-26-2016, 08:03 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning!

Yes, roof project goes well. We put a two layer system on. It comes in a big rolls. We got the roof sealed yesterday with the first layer will put the second one on today. Then we will go inside and insulate and finish up there. I really hope to be out. Nothing else to do but the afternoon. Then I just wait for the next crisis. LOL

And look up about 2 AM and had a cuppa coffee. Went back to bed and just got up. It is nice to have a day off from the restaurant.

Happy Sunday!
Old 06-26-2016, 07:20 PM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Roof finished! Car full of stuff. I'm sitting on the porch with a diet root beer then need to figure out how to get the tar off of me. I have mineral spirits I guess that won't work. LOL. See you all tomorrow!
Closed Thread