South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 10:13 AM   #16  

hello everyone....I can't even try to comment on each post!! you have to know I love you all....slept later this morning....tired after the weekend trip. Grandbabies are wonderful!!! I got lots of sugar!!!
well.....have not had company for two weekends but, this weekend is the last big one of the season!!! I will have a bunch.
This week I will be preparing for them....Lots of laundry today...check back later.....Love ya'll!!
Old 08-25-2003, 10:22 AM   #17  
GARDENING ADDICT

Hi Ladies
I'm still here. Thanks to those who asked about me. My computer had a virus last week(I'm now clean and protected )and had lots of trouble getting online. Also had a funeral last Friday that was 70 miles from home (a lady that I used to work with passed away from breast cancer) plus working all weekend....
I come back online this morning to find that so much has been going on here....mice, new members, weight loss, weight gain, maintain, new babies, tragic accidents and funerals, pluming and yardwork: but best of all was that Ellis's Dad is walking in his garden

I'll never be able to respond to each of you but I will go back and try to get caught up with all the posts

I'm up 1 pound from last week but then I had a few indisgressions But today I will stay OP on phase 2

Hugs and Kisses to all
Old 08-25-2003, 10:24 AM   #18  

If one mouse grosses ya out wait until I tell you about the parsonage our congregation is cleaning out!

The former Pastor's wife is a pack-rat to the point that the only way a person could walk through her house is by little path's. Everything and every inch was covered with stuff- literally. The basement was filled to the ceiling with junk. It took many dumpsters to empty the house. When the last of the junk was burned, neighbors thought the parsonage was on fire. Then there was the mice! One woman said they scraped an INCH of mouse droppings off the countertops and in the kitchen cupboards. The utter filth was unspeakable. I won't talk about the space in the basement where they put the dog or where the cat litter box was kept. Eeooowww!

I bet that takes care of everyone's appetite!
Old 08-25-2003, 10:50 AM   #19  

Tippy....I am having 'heart palps' just hearing about that one!!! I can't believe a ministers family would live like that...YUK!!! Course, it is almost a joke with everyone about my housekeeping...I can get alittle OCD!! I have to have my living area in order or I go alittle nuts.
Old 08-25-2003, 10:50 AM   #20  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks, Tip. I won't eat for a week! It sounds like you are well rid of the inhabitants of the parsonage! Yick!
Old 08-25-2003, 10:56 AM   #21  

Height: 5'-2"

Searching for a smilie indicating that I'm woofing my cookies...

Thanks again, Sil.
Old 08-25-2003, 12:06 PM   #22  
Member Florida Chick

Talking A good day for me

Good Morning Everyone: Today was my weigh and measure day a Curves. I showed down 2 1/2 lbs. and lost a total of 7 1/2 inches. The number sounds big because they make a total of arm waist thigh, etc. to get the total. The numbers on the metal monster weren't as good as when I weighed at home in my 'altogether' of course. but I had to eat breafast, and they wouln't let me in without clothes on.

The best mouse story I could think of was one left on my daughters pillow, as a gift from her cat. But about a month ago we had a snake in our house. About 2 feet long. My DH saw him in the kitchen and then it went under the stove. So he assumed it would go out the way it came in. Not so. About 4:30a.m. our dog, (who sleeps on the bed) was acting strange, so DH put on the light and there was the snake in the middle of the bedroom. Needless to say there was no more sleeping until we got him out. It was not a pretty sight, as the critter went under the bed, but we did finally get him out of the house. With the help of broom and shovel and dustpan.

Tippy: I think your story beats them all. Yuck!! I bet you will have to really refurbish the whole parsonage, before a new Pastor and family can move in.

Congrats Marcie on the numbers going down. It just does give a satisfied feeling, even tho' we know this is a WOL.

Sounds like everyone had a great weekend and now are back to being on plan. Lets all keep up the good work. Ann
Old 08-25-2003, 05:48 PM   #23  
Super Star

Evening everybody...

Ruthxx..how very sorry..sorry i am..How sad and so tragic and so dag gum senseless...I just at a loss for words. He was saving the lives of his kids and other people by driving them...and lost his life...

Wow...

I just bought my sbd book....i am clueless where to start..it is like my brain is like.huh...sigh....

thank you all for letting me drop in!!

Again ruth..my thoughts are wiht you and your friend.

Tracy
Old 08-25-2003, 05:59 PM   #24  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey, Tracy! Welcome to The Beach.

The plan is very simple - it's a yes or no plan with more yesses in Phase 2. See the Phase I food list sticky. Feel free to post any questions. There is a wealth of free advice in here.
Old 08-25-2003, 06:11 PM   #25  

Height: 5'-2"

Tracy! I'm so glad you're joining us!
Old 08-25-2003, 07:43 PM   #26  

Hi all! Wow leave for a weekend, and all the critters come out! Tippy, I have to say that you story beats all! Hope everyone had a good weekend! This weekend the whole family went camping! Off program I went- not to bad considering all that good camping food! I'm just proud I didn't eat one smore!!!!! Just hamburgers hot dogs for me. I did make "Lazy man's Padog". Has anyone else heard of it? It basically is keilbasa, tri-colored pasta, a bag of saurkraut, and a pound of chopped up bacon and onion. I used turkey bacon, low fat keilbasa. I ate everything but the pasta. Now is that ok to do or not. Does that count for eating a pasta? I would thing that picking the pasta out would be ok. Ok, enough about that.

Ruth, my prayers are with you and the family this awful tragedy happened to.

Well, I need to know, do I need to start PHase One all over again? I did complete one week of it.

Wigglin and Jigglin,
Squish
Old 08-25-2003, 08:23 PM   #27  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Happy Monday, everybody! Busy, busy day again...finally stopping to catch my breath before the next project.

Ruth, what a sad story about your friend's nephew. The fates are indeed capricious....enjoy your life TODAY!

All the stories about the creepy-crawlies reminds me of a 9-1-1 call I took a few years ago:

A man called saying they needed a police officer. I had a hard time understanding him at first because of his laughter. It seems his wife got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, but didn't bother to turn on the overhead light. As she sat on the commode, she heard a strange sound so she reached over and turned on the light. There, just few feet away from her was a 5 foot long boa constrictor! The house was a duplex that shared an attic with a neighbor. The escaped snake had slithered into a bathroon linen closet through a hole in the ceiling, and then "plopped" onto the floor! All I could think of was that the woman was certainly sitting in the right place!

I spent the better part of the day making a poster for a label campaign for school, then volunteering at the Ice Cream Social. Our guests were only here for one night, but we had a very nice visit. Not a great weekend food wise...or exercise wise, either. Unless you count the million trips I made up and down the stairs working on the bathroom or the contortionist moves I had to make to fit under the cabinet! But I'll survive...and back to normal tomorrow.

Take care, beauties!
Old 08-25-2003, 09:03 PM   #28  
Member Florida Chick

Frannie: That snake story beats mine hands down. I would probably have fainited dead away to see such a critter in my bathroom. Normal is good. Glad you had a good time with your friends.

Ruth: What a horrible shock for your friend. It is so hard to understand sometimes why things happen the way they do. Those kids will really have something to live with for the rest of their lives.

Squish: I wouln't think that counted as eating pasta. You picked it all out. and ate the kraut and meat. I'd think if you finished week 1 pahse 1 you could just go on to week 2 phase 2. Don't despair. I sure you weren't nearly as 'bad' as you think.

After all my brave talk, I did eat the pie that I brought, legal, but then I made the mistake of going back, and a brownie just leaped right onto my plate. So I think you did very well, picking out the pasta. I just started back on plan today. What else can we do? Keep on keepin' on. Ann
Old 08-25-2003, 09:46 PM   #29  

Oh my goodness ladies Rats Mice and snakes too. All of that would make the big strong man I married go screaming like a little girl. He can't stand those things. We try very hard not to laugh when Kitty is in her hunting mode and he just can't take it and goes to bed. poor guy. We can be so mean. Got on the metal monster and was very pleased. another 3 pounds gone.His grand total is 13 pounds. This is definitly something that we can live with. Have a good night all. Julie
Closed Thread