Thank you!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Thank you so much to all those who sent good vibes/wishes, prayers and love for my Dad and I. He is doing so very well. He's been home from the hospital for two days, and his dear chest is healing rapidly. He had 3 by-passes, and didn't need any valve replacements. Looks pretty damned good for a 78 year old!

Just bought a new computer this morning, and am trying to get my life back in order. We experienced the power cut RIGHT in the middle of Dad's op. And my computer blew. A fair trade for my Dad's life.

Love and hugs to ALL of you...
  • A fair trade indeed. I was worried about that operation when the power blew...Thank the Lord for generators, right?

So glad to hear your Dad is doing so well. We have missed you!
  • So glad to hear your dad is doing well! We have all been sending good thoughts your way

We sure have missed you around here! Lot and lots of new people, which is wonderful! I'm sure you'll catch right up as you get acquainted with your new 'puter.

Hope your dad's recovery is swift and complete!
  • ellis, it's great to see you're back! You've sure been missed!!

I'm so glad that your Dad's surgery went so well. Sending lots of healing thoughts his way and wishes for a speedy recovery.
  • HEY SWEETIE!!!! Glad to see you back!!! After eating fish and chips and butter tarts (OMG!!!!!) in Tobermory I need to restart SBD. How are you doing with the FOOD stuff now that the REALLY hard stuff is calming down?
  • Ellis is back! All's right with The Beach!
  • Wonderful news.

Sure missed ya!

Lady M
  • Thank you, darlings... you are the best. xoxo

Den... like you, I'm eating like there's no tomorrow. (seems to be my general way of thinking ) Yesterday I ate chips, Dairy Queen, spring rolls... you name it.
    Let's get it together!!
    (and don't even THINK about looking for a recipe for butter tarts!)
  • Hey Ellis
    I got your PM and sent one to you. I missed you soooo much while you were gone and I was praying that everything went well for your dad, especially with the black-out
    XXXXOOO
  • Ellis-TOO LATE!!! I have already printed off 6 recipes!!! But I'm not going to make them (until Thanksgiving or Christmas at least!!!)
  • Hi ellis..I thought about you and your Dad when the power blew!! So glad he did so well....we missed you!!
  • Thank you, sweet Sil. We were riding on prayer!! I don't think Dad has ANY idea of the stress we went through went the power went during his operation.

Den, I can't believe you're going to make them. What I mean is, I can't believe that you HAVE to make them! Are you SURE they don't sell butter tarts in the States?! Too bizarre, man!
  • Whimsey, we posted at the same time! Thank you, sweetie!
  • Oh my gosh Ellis, I didn't realize that the power went off during your Dad's surgery!!!! Wow, what a scary experience for you and your family!! Thank goodness for generators and back-up power at hospitals!
  • Yes, Twodog... it was the afternoon from ****. At first I thought it was just our house. Then I heard it was all of Ottawa, and thought, "I'll have to keep this from Mom... she'll FREAK!" Than when I heard of the total extent of the blackout, I figured she'd find out sooner or later. She called the hospital right away, and the nurse said, "Don't worry. We never start anything we can't finish."