South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 05:42 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Tuesday South Beach Chat, April 26

Good morning!
Coffee is on. It's my early day at work. It's an exciting day. LOL. I open with the boss today and for the past seven years I have sat outside in my car for anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes waiting for him to arrive. Yesterday I got a key. It's a point I've always groveled because we go through cooks like crazy and the new cooks always get a key. It made no sense but I never push things because I make good money. I like to just go in and get out. Well two weeks ago the Cook who had only been around for two months and who didn't drink LOL went out and got hammered and lost the keys. They had to have the locks changed on all four doors. So now loyal waitresses get keys and the cooks will have to wait. I'm so happy. LOL between for waitresses we accumulate 70 years of service. I believe we are responsible enough to hold onto our keys.

So that's the news from Colorado. I put my hummingbird feeder or out yesterday and had one little hummer visiting when I got home last night. We are supposed to get snow Friday. Oh well.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 04-26-2016 at 05:43 AM.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:58 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Debbie, and hooray for a key!! Guess you are really moving up in the world. lol

We have some s%#@# right now, but the forecast is for it to warm up enough to melt this afternoon. I know it is only April, but still....yuck

Today is another day of work; nothing special planned. I tried Cyndi's recipe last night and it was very tasty! I added a little bit of ground beef and even DH liked it.

I've got to fly but there's coffee ready if you need some! Have a great day, chicks!
Old 04-26-2016, 07:10 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Beth! We are getting a little bit of that white stuff right now, too. Kind of sleetish and not much but nevertheless. Have a great day!
Old 04-26-2016, 07:21 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Debbie and "Neighbor" Beth plus Beachers to follow. Sure glad that boss saw the light about keys and smartened up, Debbie. (By the way, don't most male cooks drink? My son manages sports bars and says that's a given.)

We got a skiff of snow last night which should melt later in the day. However, I am sure glad I did my running around for luncheon stuff yesterday! I also prepped 60 hardboiled eggs perfectly using the steamer basket method from Cooks Illustrated April/May issue. I'll add it to the recipe section when I get time. No more cooked eggs with nicks and chunks missing or having to pick off shells that are stuck!

I was very tired last night and neglected to put Jazz on his long lead to keep him in the yard at bedtime. Of course he escaped through his secret exit which involves getting mud on tummy fur. Wonderful Moel ventured into the back field with his dog Milo who found his buddy in the dark. All three of them were back in the kitchen quickly and Moel is planning to find the elusive escape route today after work. I am so lucky to have good and caring neighbours. (Liz calls me "MeMaw".)

Time to gird my loins and crank up the day. The big luncheon project today is to make and cook the apple crisp in three large pans. I am so glad I was smart enough to buy frozen, peeled and sliced apples from wholesaler Quattrochi and sons. The owner happened to be in the warehouse when I went in and was just charming, especially when I spoke some Italian. (My vocabulary is pretty much food which says something about me, doesn't it?) He even gave me a copy of their catalogue, usually reserved for restaurants, so I felt quite special.

On with today - snow or no snow. I was planning to use some of my daffodils to decorate but we'll have to see how they survive this weather I am not planning to fret about that as I really don't have any worry time free today.

Happy Tuesday!
Old 04-26-2016, 07:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning no snow just rain phew!

Debbie yeah for finally getting a key!!! Hope your day flies by.

Beth I am going to make it tonight. Hopefully they have spaghetti squash at the store.

Ruth you need a commercial kitchen for all the cooking you do!

In a little bit of a rush this morning. Went to bed at 9 exhausted but tossed and turned all night! I have the orthopedist at 9 maybe he can fix my elbow It's nothing serious I'm sure just a gentle reminder I am not 20 anymore lol.

Have a great day!
Old 04-26-2016, 08:19 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, it's snowing so hard, I can barely see across the road! I feel like crawling back into bed.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:39 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Sun is shining here and we are getting up into the 70s but may have severe storms today. Last wfh day for me, I go in the next couple of days. Have to work on lots of reports today and conference calls that is my day. DD2 is having a rough go her arms hurt now from the crutches and she still says she can't put any weight on her ankle but she has to go to school because it is testing week.

Debbie yeah for getting a key about time!

Beth what is up with all this snow everywhere

Ruth that is such a big project and I couldn't do the apple crisps without eating some...

Jekel hope you get relief from your elbow

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 04-26-2016, 08:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 223.5/225/165

Height: 5'4

Good Morning Everyone -

Debbie- So glad you got your key. It will make your life so much easier.

Beth- At this point I am shocked it is still snowing. How late in the year do you get snow?

Ruth- Enjoy the luncheon I hope you do not work too hard !

Jennifer- Good luck at the ortho. Hopefully, it is something that can be fixed easily.

Yesterday was a bad day beach wise. However, I am putting it behind me and back on the beach today as long as my stomach can tolerate it. The Dr. gave me 20 plus injections she is hopeful that she hit the right muscles so I can start moving more. I am going to give it a week and try starting the Leslie Sansone walking program.

Have a great one !
Closed Thread