South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 05:00 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Finally Friday, SBD Chat April 8

Good morning!

Coffee is on!
Old 04-08-2016, 05:07 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

So here's the update of yesterday's action. We were the only ones at court yesterday. That made it easy. The judge granted the eviction. We went and talk to the sheriffs office since the tenants aren't leaving. We have to wait 48 hours to file a writ and they put us on the schedule to have the sheriff go up and get them out. That takes a week. The earliest the sheriff would go up is the 19th. That is based on good weather. They give them 72 hours I believe to get all their stuff out. If they don't leave it in that 72 hours then their stuff goes out in the front yard and we change the locks. The attorney is going to try to contact them and tell them that if they get out by Monday that we won't filed the writ and the eviction won't be on the record. I doubt that that will motivate them. I'm just accepting the process and the time it takes. I had to let go of all the emotional crap involved.

On the exciting side, just as I was getting ready to walk out the door Kirk's cousin texted his flight to Denmark. It's the 19th, as well. So I switched days off so I can take him to the airport. They will be gone for two weeks. It ends up that the cousins husband is going as well as their two kids. They are seasoned travelers and Kirk is going to have a wonderful time!

They really want me to go but I just can't leave right now. Kirk is all excited so he's motivated to really help me in the yard for the next 10 days. That should move me forward quite well! We start outside today. It will be nice to have some help.

So that's my news. What are you all up to today? Have a great one!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 04-08-2016 at 05:09 AM.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:31 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good TGIF morning. Debbie, sounds like the trip to court went well. I hope those terrible tenants smarten up and leave without a fuss. I've been a landlord several times, both here and in the city, and have been very lucky with my tenants but I can imagine how stressful this must have been for you. Enjoy your yard time with Kirk before he leaves.

The snow is nearly gone this morning but some more may happen on the weekend. My garden looked much like my avatar yesterday - except my flowers were mauve.

Off to the gym and then have yet another interview at ten. I had planned to take Anna out for a belated birthday lunch but she called last night to say she had tummy troubles and decided another time would be better. That's just as well as she had chosen the dreaded Chinese Buffet which would quickly undo the smidge of weight I've dropped this week.

Time for some Fibre One and yogurt before I head to the gym. I really must not do my workout without breakfast as I sometimes get dizzy. Smarten up, Ruthie!
Old 04-08-2016, 07:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning.

Debbie sounds like the court knows what they are doing. NY's process is much longer. Sounds like Kirk will have a wonderful trip. Maybe you and Kirk can plan another trip together soon. Even if only a few day get away. Enjoy your time outdoors.

Ruth yes you must absolutely eat before the gym silly girl. Hope your workout is fun.

Well TOM decided to pay me a visit which explains the additional gain and my fatigue. I was blaming the fatigue on the anesthesia but I think hormones are partly to blame. I am going to get some miles in before work. Just not certain if in or outdoors. The week my eating was non existent lol and I didn't shop. I'll be checking out the freezer for the next couple of days until I can get to the store. That's the exciting news from mundane land lol.

Happy Friday.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Debbie - it's almost ridiculous you go to court, then have to go through all these other hoops until they're out. I guess my momma raised me better than that! I hope you enjoy your next 10 days, will it involve those packets you posted yesterday on FB?!

Ruth - My daughter actually requested me to get all bran to mix with yogurt, saying she loved it, do you believe it?!? She's trying to become more health conscious. Good for her! Glad to see you getting to the gym and avoiding the Chinese buffet. I do love me some Chinese too, but I honestly don't eat enough at one time now to make any buffet worthwhile. I'm a grazer, mmmm....

Oh darned, my friend yesterday loved her chocolate covered almonds, but declined the chocolate (dried) cherries, so I get them instead. Said she just doesn't like chocolate and fruit. I told her next time I'll buy her the chocolate covered raisins instead .

Finished up my taxes yesterday, I guess I can mail them out today . I have a couple of errands, and make a nice dinner for DH. Other than that, the day is clear! Enjoy your Friday!
Old 04-08-2016, 07:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Jennifer! Glad your procedure is over and hope you enjoyed your off plan meal . I hate TOM. Silly hormones.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:24 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Was supposed to be wfh but have another interview today. Yesterdays went well so just 2.5 positions to fill left (this month). Nothing on the agenda. DD2 is finally better so will be going back to school today.

Debbie glad it went well in court, seems like a big hassle to me of process of having to get them out though hope it goes more smoothly. Sounds like Kirk will have a blast

Ruth agreed since you have such a long workout you need to eat something light before hand. Hope your interview goes well

Jekel tom has been visiting me too a week early, which annoys the heck out of me, so out of balance with hormones. That was nice of you to wait for John

Tywnn darn now you have to keep the chocolate covered cherries I am trying to get DD2 to eat healthy choices.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-08-2016, 07:53 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks. Quick check in before work starts.

Debbie, DH and I were involved in an eviction a few years ago. Let's just say, you're lucky you arent related to the person you are evicting!! 'Nuff said about that. Glad the process is moving along. Kirk's trip sounds awesome!

Ruth,
like you, our snow melted and now we are looking at more. I'm ready for spring, but actually this is pretty normal April weather for here. Hope the gym trip is getting easier and yes, be sure to eat something.

Jennifer, I'm guessing "mundane" is ok with you for a day or two. And yes, hormones suck. Have a safe day.

Tammy, shhhhh....don't tell the other chicks but I get the dark chocolate almonds at BJs sometimes...but I have to hide them from myself because they are too addicting. But dark chocolate and nuts are SB, aren't they??? Glad you got your taxes done. My feeling of satisfaction at finishing them was mitigated by the amount I had to pay in. Did you know that you can't claim your kid as a dependent after age 24 even if they are a full time student that you support 100%?!?! Who makes up these rules??

Pearlrose, glad your interviews are moving forward. Enjoy your day.

Got to go. Reality calls!
Old 04-08-2016, 10:01 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 223.5/225/165

Height: 5'4

Good morning everyone-

Busy day here I am treating myself to new makeup for the spring/ summer so I am going to the mall to do that. Then off to pick up some seeds. I am starting to plant herbs indoors. After that I will work on my business plan. Todays menu was 2 eggs for breakfast ( still have not figured out how to work veggies into that) next week I think I will do some of those egg bakes with broccoli, lunch will be a grilled chicken salad again and Dinner left over chicken, salad and aspsaragus.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-08-2016, 03:18 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 262/216.4/150ish

Height: 5'7"

Default I'm back!

Hi ladies! I'm not sure if anyone remembers me - it's been a while and I had to create a new username. It's really nice to see some familiar names here! I sort of fell off the proper eating train and then followed a plan from Joe Cross (Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead fame) for the last six months to get back on track but now I'm ready to get back to South Beach. Much more livable than juicing!!

I hope everyone is having a good day - I'm really looking forward to connecting with you all again!

Rene aka gabby
Closed Thread