South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 12:37 AM   #1  
God, Give me strength !!

S/C/G: 240/240/150

Height: 5'7

Default How do u make your Cheese crisps?

I think I read that a few of you make Cheese Crisps How do u make them? Do you use tortillas? <---- sorry if this seems like a dumb question.
Old 08-21-2003, 06:40 AM   #2  
In Control: E+R=O

Spray a plate with a non-stick cooking spray, or cover with parchment paper so that your cheese crisp doesn't stick and you are able to remove it from the plate when it's done (I have a couple of plastic picnic plates that I use that they don't stick to at all, so I don't use the spray or the parchment paper).

You can use sliced low fat or fat free cheese (I've haven't tried these), or shredded lf or ff cheese (this is what I use).

With the shredded cheese, I place a couple of little piles on the plate (you'll need to experiment with the size of the piles to see how much you need to get the size crisps that you want). Flatten the piles a little. You can sprinkle on a little garlic powder or chili powder or any other seasoning if you like for a little flavor.

Microwave on high for about two minutes....time will depend on your microwave. The cheese will melt, then sort of dry out and become crispy. Remove from the microwave, and remove from the plate and let them cool.

You will need to do some experimenting before you find out what works best for you.

My favorite cheese to use is lf cheddar. And my favorite way of eating them is with a little salsa on top!

Good luck, they're fun to make and great to eat!!
Old 08-21-2003, 08:20 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I've done it with fat-freee cheese slices and it works just fine.
However, never use non-microwaveable plastic wrap.

My DH made and served me a crisp one evening. After I'd eaten it, I discovered a square of Cling Wrap with a perfectly crisp-sized hole in the middle! It tasted great but I have plastic molecules in my body somewhere!
Closed Thread