South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 07:59 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default Final Weekend in January 30 & 31

We are at the end of the month, chicks!

Everyone sleeping in today?
Old 01-30-2016, 08:01 AM   #2  

This is a quick hello as I need to be out the door to the science competition. I have a bag of OP snacks packed and will hit the cafeteria salad bar for lunch. (Yes, I have a plan and I might even stick to it.)

So that's my day. Hope all the chicks have a good day!
Old 01-30-2016, 08:22 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh dear! Rachael came over last night a tad early and I had not eaten dinner. She brought wine and ... Oh well, today will be a quiet one! I just may go back to bed for a bit. See you later and Happy Saturday!
Old 01-30-2016, 08:29 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! I am in the car all packed and just wanted to say hello before I blast off.
Ruth, take it easy today!

Beth, enjoy the science fair!

I will check in from the other side. There is a whole foods in route. I will stop for groceries. It's pretty cool! I believe the highest altitude whole foods in existence. LOL
Old 01-30-2016, 08:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth! I want to be like you when I grow up!

Beth - Good luck sticking to plan - hopefully the salad is a good one . (yes, I was still sleeping!)

Debbie - safe travels. I've never been to whole foods, although I'm betting that's a good thing. We do have a Trader Joe's here, I couldn't believe how small it was for how much people raved on it. Although their cheese selection is amazing, and quite inexpensive compared to other stores .

I did just get up around 8, but it's not as bad since I was up for a while in the middle of the night, right? Not much planned for today -our house really needs straightening up (oh dear, I hope DD will work on her room...). At least I have something planned for dinner, but I suppose I can work on next week's menu.

Have a great one!
Old 01-30-2016, 08:37 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Still have 3 more weeks of PT to do and next week they are also going to adjust my lower back to see if that helps to put the hip portion back in alignment.

The cat woke me up this morning knocking over things so I would get up, guess he was hungry.

Today we have to go run the rental car back this am that DH and kids used to go to Nashville.

I ripped a piece of the carpet in DD1 closet last night so I could look at the floor beneath, definitely wood floors, it has a dark varnish on it but looks it will definitely need to be sanded and refinished. I am gearing up for tearing out the carpet maybe this weekend.

Last night I had the house to myself since DD2 decided to spent the night at a friends house, so I cleaned house so I wouldn't have to do it today.

Beth enjoy the science competition

Ruth hope you have a quiet day today

Debbie what town is the whole foods in? Speedy travels for you.

Tywnn we were posting at the same time, enjoy your day today!

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!

Last edited by Pearlrose; 01-30-2016 at 08:41 AM.
Old 01-30-2016, 09:06 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's a slow relaxing morning. It's extra relaxing because DH is making one of his weekend breakfasts, so I'm just reading garden blogs and planning our low tunnels, new beds, and greenhouse. It's the time of year when my brain turns to all things garden. I've rested and recovered from all of last year's work and am missing it again.

Beth - Thanks for getting us started. Happy science fair.

Debbie - happy travels. Colorado is on my bucket list, and when we get there I want to drive your commute

Ruth - I second Tammy, you are my role model. Hope it's a relaxing and quiet day.

Tammy- Extra sleep is always good in my book. I've been looking at recipes and making my menu for the week too. Now to stick to it

Rose - I have weird hips. If they put them back in alignment my back goes into severe spasm. Don't know what that's about. Hope yours is more successful. Enjoy the extra time not cleaning.

Today we are doing some birding and walking, hitting TJs, and enjoying our day off. Tomorrow we are planning a longer hike in the woods. We will need a couple of shorter walks with Cricket too. She does love her walks.
Yum, I smell breakfast. Happy weekend Chicks
Old 01-30-2016, 10:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning I too was up early and went back to bed.

Cyndi what a good hubby you have. Everyday is a smoothie day for me lol

Pearlrose glad you tackled the cleaning, I woukd have relaxed with a movie and wine lol.

Ruth glad you had fun. Hope to recoup soon.

Tammy I love TJ's! The closest one is 45 minutes away so I don't get there often. I love their almond milk and PB. Lately I've noticed prices are getting ridiculous. Chiobani the big size plain Greek yogurt was $6.50 at Walmart!!! I buy ShopRite's brand for $4.49. It's so rare that I buy meat anymore. I'm almost a vegetarian lol.

Beth hope the science fair is a huge success. Seems like you just went recently. Can't believe it's been a year!!

Debbie hope you have a great day, not too hectic either.

Work today and tomorrow is boiler day!!! That means up early if I want a shower lol. I'll probably clean and make chili in the crockpot.

Time for one more cup before really getting this day started. Enjoy!
Old 01-31-2016, 07:35 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cranking us up on this last day of January when our temperature is going up to 45ºF by afternoon. I may be able to get some shoveling done so I can close the stuck barn doors. I have already run the dishwasher and have the first load of laundry in the washer. Electricity is cheaper on the weekends so ... Seems to me I forgot to do laundry last weekend or else there is someone living here that I don't know about.

Just checked the week's calendar and see there is something (or two things) for every darned day. Friday will be exciting as I will be getting my new laptop delivered along with Johnathan, a tech tutor, who will set it up and transfer my files. It's time to ditch WindowXP. that nothing very important gets lost.

A reminder just popped up that tomorrow is Quilting Day and I've not yet done the financial report. Maybe I can cobble it together while I have another coffee.

Happy Sunday!
Old 01-31-2016, 07:53 AM   #10  

Good morning, Ruth. I hope you get a chance to drink your coffee before your busy day and week begin!

We also have a spring-like temperature this morning of 40* Maybe we should just pronounce winter as done and stick a fork in it!

I have laundry to do today as well; then meal planning and I should make a quiche for my week's breakfast. And a bit of paperwork to wrap up...

Jennifer,
I work with 2 different math and science clubs which is why you were confused. In early December I went to a robotics competition: 5 kids that worked together to build a robot to do 1 specific task. Yesterday was more like a track meet: 15 kids who competed in pairs in 20 different STEM events, each of which lasted about 45 minutes. (Was that TMI?)

Cyndi, the garden bug will be biting here soon. The days are getting longer and I was just reminding myself I wanted to do some pruning before my bushes start growing.

Pearlrose, after you remove the carpet will you hire someone to do the refinishing? That's a big job.

Debbie, I'm sure you are off to work. May the tips be generous!

to everyone else! Have a great day!
Old 01-31-2016, 08:09 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning.....Ruth enjoy your coffee the other stuff can wait. A your week is making me tired lol

Beth thanks for the info. I do get easily confused lol. I think my brain is full. Hope it went well yesterday.

I'm up and dressed amazing right. Boiler guy is expected around 9. Getting a load of laundry done before he gets here. This will be an all day project so I guess I'll just putter around the house. No ride until he leaves as I am not going to be stinky and sweaty. (no hot water while the work is being done) Looks like DS has definitely decided to move out. His plan is to be settled by next weekend. I guess I could help him get stuff together. I'm not liking this, but what can I do. I won't convert his room into an exercise room just yet as he maybe home in June when the lease is up.

Happy Sunday
Old 01-31-2016, 08:17 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!

I was up just not anywhere I could type. lol. Now it's time to get ready for work. I reminded myself I have to clean off the car since we got a few inches of snow last night.

I got home yesterday morning and in minutes my mom was asking if we could go to Costco. I took deep breaths and said it wasn't a good day (we would get stuck in massive ski traffic on our return.) I felt a tad guilty. Oh, well. I really needed to decompress. I couldn't find one thing I felt like doing so did basically nothing. I feel better this morning.

Alrighty, have a great day everyone!
Old 01-31-2016, 08:40 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Well was typing along and just lost my post ugh.

Today is going to be another nice day. Doing laundry now but going to a pet parade that starts at 1 p.m.

Ruth sounds like you have a busy week ahead take a bit of time each day for you

Beth I am going to tackle the project myself but will do in phases so spreading it out makes it more manageable

Jekel good luck with getting your boiler replaced hope it goes smoothly for you. Maybe this is a step DS needs to make in order to figure out what he is going to do with his life?

Debbie sometimes you just have to say no glad you were able to de compress

Have a great Sunday everyone!
Closed Thread