South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 03:36 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Very Early Thursday - December 10

Early "Good Morning". Woke up for potty, glanced at the clock and decided it was nearly 6:15 so came downstairs, fed the sleepy dogs, made coffee and checked FB and emails. Banned a couple of spammers selling Christmas stuff.

Then I read the time on the system. I just may crawl back into bed but we're started up for the day. I will be at a major planning session all day as we hash out Mill problems and evaluate the results of the audit. My brain hurts already!

See you later.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I hope you managed to catch a few hours of sleep, Ruthie!

It's been a busy week, and I realized that I never got in here yesterday. I love the holiday season, but it seems there's something scheduled every single day. At least I did have time to write out my cards and will drop them in the mail on my way to work this morning. And that reminds me that I have to stop for gas on my way in, too, what with all the running around I've been doing.

I am looking forward to this weekend, though, with Jake's doctor's appointment at the VA, taking my dad out for a bit of shopping tomorrow, getting Monica's package mailed out finally, a Christmas party on Saturday, and cookies to bake on Sunday.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good grief, Ruth! I hope you got back to bed. The dogs probably wondered what the heck was wrong with you!

Linda - sounds like your week isn't getting any easier!

I just realized how close it is to Christmas, oh my goodness. I was so proud that I have DH's taken care of, and a couple of little things for special friends. Then I realized last night I have 2 weeks to find and ship mom's (she wants Southern Living cookbooks from something like 1997 on). And my adopted brother. Oh, and I guess I need to get my kids something too. All DS wants is electronic stuff, but that's certainly not what he needs more of in his life!

Today is my last PT session. I hope to run a couple of things to the post office afterwards, then maybe start trying to find mom's books...

Where's that coffee?
Old 12-10-2015, 07:12 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Thanks for getting us started, Ruth! Geewhiz, that meeting doesn't sound fun but I'm sure it will be productive. Hang in there and thanks for dealing with the spammers!

Linda, good morning! Glad you have a fun weekend to look forward to! Have a happy day!

So it's back to the salt mines for me today. Drove over yesterday to evaluate the water problem at my mothers rental. It's not pretty but I think we have A plan in place. Thank goodness the plumber rents from us and I turn my head the other way with some issues that we don't let others get away with. He knows that, and always shows up to help us with these funky problems. My girlfriend and I went up yesterday afternoon and did all the evaluating so he could drop by last night and decide on the final plan. She and I went over to Home Depot last night and got all the supplies so all he needs to do is show up tomorrow. Today we will fish the new waterlines underneath the floor, which ihas no crawlspace. It's going to be a long day but I think it will work.

We didn't get home till 830 last night so I told her I would pick her up at nine this morning that gives me some extra time to drink coffee and do some stuff around the house.

Have a great Thursday everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 12-10-2015 at 07:14 AM.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:13 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Nope - stayed up because I'd had a coffee. (The Keurig is working again. ) Did a bit of tidying and made a lunch for today's day-long review session.

Miss Millie did have an infection so I'm glad I took her to the vet yesterday - anti-biotics will fix the problem. She is fairly perky this morning after going back to bed after the early breakfast and potty trip.

So strange to have such a mild and snow-free December. Some plants are shooting up spring-like leaves - groundcover mainly - but there are some dandelions blooming! There is no snow in the forecast for the next two weeks. The last "green" Christmas we had was in 1981 but we did get snow. The only year we did not get snow at all was back in the 1800's. Of course, the Village Grumpies are saying "We'll pay for this later!"

Time to make a decent portable lunch to see me through today. I refuse to eat the antique hot dogs that have been languishing in the Town Hall freezer since October! For bean salad is on the menu plus a mandarin orange.

Happy Thursday.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:30 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick fly by for me as i am getting ready to leave to go into work for a meeting I have to be at today.

We have decided we will go see DD2 chorus concert tonight that we would have missed for pinning ceremony.

Beth it takes a few weeks for appeal process. I feel worse for another student her daughter flew in from Germany to attend the pinning ceremony (her husband is stationed there) and she will also not be allowed to walk and is appealing. Everything will work out in the end just make take longer as usual.

Twynn I hope your PT sessions have been working for you. I should be starting probably next month for my back/hip issue.

Debbie I hope you are able to get everything done with the rental today

Ruth it is weird no snow

to everyone else

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 12-10-2015, 08:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning,

Pearlrose I am so sorry for your daughter and her classmates. Not only does it effect the students, but the expense to the families traveling to attend! The school should have given notice sooner.

Ruth antique hot dogs sounds nasty! Glad Millie is perking up. I think you need another vacation.

Debbie glad one of your tenants is a plumber. Hope the repair goes smoothly.

Linda sounds like another busy day for you.

Tammy I'm trying not to stress over gifts this year. Glad DD has given you ideas. Good luck trying to find the books for your mom. Come to think of it I have one of their Christmas cookbooks. DD is pretty much done, Joe too, parents and my aunt have been sent, Joe's kids and my nephews get money, still need to get for my sisters, brother and the admin girl at work (no clue what to get her). I've treated myself to a new coat and will donate three in exchange which I may do before work.

Same old thing here. I need to get back into a workout groove. I don't know what's wrong with me lately, but I don't feel like doing anything. I know I should get outside since these nice days wont last much longer.

Enjoy!
Old 12-10-2015, 06:34 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey everyone, didn't have time to stop in before work; I was a little ambitious and filled the crockpot with beef stew, but it took longer than I expected. Really had to fly out the door and I also had to make a quick stop on my way to work. Very busy!

Ruth, sounds like quite the morning! Hope the meeting went well.
Cottage and Tammy, I really need to sit down and make a checklist. I think I am doing well on shopping but I feel unorganized. I am also helping plan food for Christmas Day at my parents'.
Pearl, the weather is strange but I am not complaining about the lack of snow. We've had a couple years in a row now where it came early and stayed late. Makes it easy to get to work; no plowing or shoveling yet.
Debbie, is the plumbing fixed?
Jennifer, right now it is dark when I come home so I have to prod myself to exercise, but I am managing to do it most days.

The stew smells great so I'm off to check it out. Have a good evening, chicks.
Closed Thread