First week observations

• Hi all.

Today is my seventh day on the SBD and I am down seven pounds. I just wanted to post some observations as most of this loss happened at the end of this week.

First of all, I started a Fitday journal after I saw it mentioned on this board. I wish I'd done this initially as I found I was eating less than 1000 calories. And I was exercising. When I upped my calories, I started to lose.

Second, I noticed from the Fitday journal that I am ingesting a lot more sodium than usual. I figure anything that gets me through my first two weeks, I will allow. But I did switch a few things. Low-sodium V-8 juice. No table salt whatsoever. And I drink a ton of water. I think that helps. But I think this might be important for people who don't seem to lose as much weight as they think they should. Check the sodium. Some of the cheeses recommended have a lot.

That is about it. I would also recommend visiting this board at least once a day as it helps to know you aren't alone. If anyone else has any observations that help them, I would love to hear them. Thanks.
  • Congratulations on your loss and thanks for the informative post. I will copy this into the Frequently Asked Questions section for future reference as it applies to all lower carb plans.
    Thanks for posting.
  • GOOD for you.

I liked the post a lot.

Lady