South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 08:47 PM   #1  

Default Getting ready to jump on to the beach

Hello. My husband and I are getting ready to start the SBD. I have the book and have been reading up on it but I have a couple of questions I was hoping you could answer.

During Phase 1...............We are not breakfast eaters but I understand we must. Can we have scrambled eggs and 2 slices of Canadian bacon? Don't have time to make all the fancy stuff and variety for two weeks won't be a problem. Also can I use skim milk to scramble the eggs???

Mid morning snack, lunch and mid afternoon snack I have down with our problems.

Dinner...............grilled chicken breasts, fish and a ground sirlion patty (no bread) are about what I can come up with, of ourse with a salad and plenty of vegtables. Can't do salmon. Any other suggestions???

Also, I'm confused on the sugar thing. I read that steak sauce is ok but when I read the label it has sugar. The same thing with low fat cottage cheese. The book says enjoy low fat cottage cheese during phase one but the label says 4 grams of sugar. ????????

Two other things please. Can you have diet caffeine free soda during phase one and a long way down the road...........................................but how bad would low carb beer be in moderation much later in the process.

Thanks for all of your imput in advance.
Old 08-18-2003, 06:47 AM   #2  
Mous

Hello. My husband and I are getting ready to start the SBD. I have the book and have been reading up on it but I have a couple of questions I was hoping you could answer.

Good for the both of you in wanting to support each other.

During Phase 1...............We are not breakfast eaters but I understand we must. Can we have scrambled eggs and 2 slices of Canadian bacon? Don't have time to make all the fancy stuff and variety for two weeks won't be a problem. Also can I use skim milk to scramble the eggs???

As long as the milk is left to a minimum. Try using I can't Beleieve it's Not Butter spray instead.

Mid morning snack, lunch and mid afternoon snack I have down with our problems.

Snacks: Nuts, cheese, celery, stuffed celery with LF cream cheese SF Jell-O and SF popsicles and fudsicles.

Lunch Salads with dressings 3gm or less of sugar. LF cottage cheese and SF Jell-O Lean meats, LF lunchmeat and make a lettuce wrap from the lunchmeat and cheese.

Dinner...............grilled chicken breasts, fish and a ground sirlion patty (no bread) are about what I can come up with, of ourse with a salad and plenty of vegtables. Can't do salmon. Any other suggestions???

Check the book, here or www.prevention.com for some other recipes. Yours are fine.

Two other things please. Can you have diet caffeine free soda during phase one and a long way down the road...........................................but how bad would low carb beer be in moderation much later in the process.

Keep the soda to one, maybe 2 a day. Caffeine free is better. Wine over beer, but once in a while would be best. Gear this plan to YOU and incorporate what will keep you on the Beach.

Have a nice Day.

Lady
Closed Thread