South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 06:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Wake Up Wednesday Beach Chat 12/2

Rise and shine chicks. Coffee is ready....
Old 12-02-2015, 06:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

I bet Linda and Ruth are excited to be leaving today!

Beth my app scans bar codes too. Even when I am surprised, not in a good way, how many calories are in something homemade I still enjoy it. Better to know what I am really eating.

Today is day 3 on P1. Had a nice whoosh today. Only goes to show how poorly I was eating the last month. Nice motivation starting day 4. Nothing on the agenda besides work. Tonight is the Rockefeller Center Tree lighting which means more people coming through Penn. At least they are a pleasant crowd.

Have a great day!
Old 12-02-2015, 06:38 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks for cranking us up, Jennifer. I'd love to be at the tree lighting!

Been up since 5 doing odds and sods and now am enjoying my first
coffee.

I am packed - sort of - and am running the dishwasher and doing the final load of laundry. For some reason I like to have all laundry and dishes done before I go away. I'll be off to the post office at 8:30 to get that parcel mailed. Friend Rachel picked up the Christmas cakes last night and came in for a short visit and a glass of wine. She also tried to give me a lesson on my cell but I'm not sure how much sank in. I am such a Luddite.

Paul and Shawn worked here yesterday morning - a day early - and all the old flooring is stripped off. The new flooring is lying in the middle of the diningroom becoming "climatized" as Paul says. They will install it tomorrow when I'm gone. It'll be nice to come home to that job done and on to the next which will be after Christmas when the upstairs hall finally gets painted.

Post office opens in two hours and I'll be there. I'm sure I'll be in shock when I see the mailing cost but it would be even worse if I left it until mid-month.

See you in a week, although Linda and I will probably check in from Cape May.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning. By now your webinar should be over, Jennifer, and I bet you're happy to be done with that! Will you be there to see the Christmas Tree lighting? I hope the crowds are manageable!

Ruth, this time tomorrow you'll already be in flight! I can't wait to see you and turn your cellphone on as soon as you land in Philly!

I have a doctor appointment this morning, then going to work for a few hours and leaving early. I wanted to wait til the last minute to do the laundry, and then I'll pack. I also have to make one more breakfast casserole. I forgot and added scallions to both of them, and then remembered a couple people can't eat onions. Whoops!

Pearlrose, Cape May is an easy 2 hour drive from my house. We're picking up Ruth at the airport on the way.

Ugh, it's looking like another rainy, misty, day. At least it will all move out of here by tomorrow!
Old 12-02-2015, 07:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

(I thought my keyboard was locking up, but the whole thing froze! Now to rewrite my post!)

I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOUR TRIP!!! Have a glass of wine and a lot of laughter for me! Ruth, your floors will look so beautiful when you get home!
Cottage, I bet your day will fly by and you'll be laughing in a few minutes. Drive safe!

Jennifer - I bet the tree lighting ceremony would be one of the better assignments. Enjoy your day.

My kids are arguing. OMG, this too shall pass! And I just realized I need to take my DD to choir practice in 15 minutes (why practice at 7:45 am?!?!), so I guess I better put clothes on. Might be interesting dropping her off in my PJ's .

I hope to get to Sam's today, that's my big event! WOOT WOOT!
Old 12-02-2015, 07:29 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Having a heck of a time checking in for my flight. they seem to think I need an AA Advantage account or something similar. I guess I'll check in from the hotel tonight or do it the old-fashioned way in the morning. I can do my "helpless old lady" act!
Old 12-02-2015, 07:56 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

We travel to Glenwood after work yesterday but not before turning back around to show the rental. My mom called us about 20 minutes into our trip. It's rented. That's good. We didn't get over here till 830 last night but still made it to the pool.

I'm waking up slowly assisted by coffee, of course. I have a busy day with medical appointments with my friend. I will hit the pool first. It was heavenly last night!

Happy Wednesday everyone!
Old 12-02-2015, 08:57 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Another wfh day for me, it was a bit hectic around here this am with everyone up at the same time and getting ready now it is back to peaceful quiet. Only thing on agenda this evening is Art class for DD2.

Jekel I use the Lose it app as well. I love it and it keeps me honest with my food. I have a ton of my recipes in there so makes it very easy to keep track.

Ruth hope you are able to get checked in and you get everything done as well. I am the same I like all dishes done and everything straight before I leave, don't like coming home to a mess

Cottage two hours is not bad at all. Hopefully the roads will be clear for you.

Tywnn enjoy your trip to Sam's club.

Debbie glad to hear that you have a new renter, one less thing to take care of. Enjoy your time in Glenwood.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 12-02-2015, 07:44 PM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Apparently evenings work better for me these days

Ruth & Cottage - I know you're having a great time.

Jennifer _ what app are you using? I'm thinking about starting to track food better again. I've lacked motivation to add meals in, but it might be time.

Tammy - I've seen so many people shopping in PJs and slippers lately. At least you'd be in your car!

Debbie - So glad you have the pool to enjoy. You are always so busy and taking such good care of others, glad you take care of you as well

Rose - I do miss wfh days. Hopefully, the long term job allows that.

Well, we made it through hump day. On to the second half of the work week
Old 12-02-2015, 09:00 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Cyndi, looks like you and I can take turns being the last post of the day! On work days I rarely make it here in the morning.

I know you asked Jennifer, but I have been using the free version of My Fitness Pal. It keeps me honest and is pretty user-friendly.

Cold and rainy here today, it may switch to snow tomorrow. Maybe that will motivate me to start the Christmas decorating!

Last edited by Beth19; 12-02-2015 at 09:01 PM.
Closed Thread