South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 07:25 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend - November 28th & 29th

Good morning. I see Tammy and Linda are online so I am sneaking in fast!
Old 11-28-2015, 07:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Ruth and hiding chicks lol

Apparently I am the crazy lady on the block. Completed my Christmas decorating. I won't light the tree until December 1st. I do have some standards. Today I'll be staying in with my laundry. Maybe if I am brave I will go grocery shopping.

Well I certainly did not hit my goal this month. Actually gained grumble, grumble. No one to blame but myself. So I decided to go old school until the New A year. I am logging, weighing food and counting calories. I need to get my portions under control. The holiday season is hard enough, so I am going to live in phase 2 for the month. I will alternate grains in occasionally just not daily.

Enjoy the last weekend in November. Where does the time go?
Old 11-28-2015, 07:51 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

False alarm!

Busy day ahead with "stuff". My house is a mess right now with wrapping stuff all over the diningroom. I have to go to a funeral today - nobody close - a woman who was once quite involved in the Mill restoration. The service is at 11, followed by the "lunch" which I will skip as I have to do a bit of grocery shopping for tomorrow's Delta "Family" dinner which will be 12 people. Katherine and I will be running the Christmas Shop from 4 until 9 tonight and need to sort and price some "donations" we got this week. I suspect some of it will not be suitable but will go straight to Goodwill.

I am cheating a bit for tomorrow's dinner. I bought pre-made ham and cheese stuffed chicken breasts that I can pop into the oven for 30 minutes. I'll serve them with a mushroom sauce and hope for the best. I was considering roasted brussels but there won't be room in the oven so it may be green beans done on the stovetop.

Time to get it all in gear starting with clearing the kitchen counters.

Enjoy the weekend.
Old 11-28-2015, 07:52 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning chicks!

We woke to a dusting of snow this morning; a sure sign Thanksgiving is over and it is time to think of the next holiday! (although it will warm up this week so the snow won't stay) This is that weekend that, for me, is an interesting blend of turkey napkins/tablecloths with the Advent wreath on top.

I did not make it to the grocery store yesterday, so I must do that today as well as some laundry. Other than that, DS1 is leaving and we will take DS2 to the bus tomorrow. It has been good seeing them, although the food sure disappears when they are around!

I have pumpkin cranberry muffins in the over right now, the recipe that uses almond flour. Now that is a holiday breakfast!
Old 11-28-2015, 07:56 AM   #5  

Jennifer, my realistic goal was to maintain this month. Like you, I am going to live in phase 1.5 and use the calorie tracker app this month! We put up our outdoor lights and turned them on last night, does that make me extra-crazy??

Ruth,
good luck on your cleaning endeavors!!
Old 11-28-2015, 08:16 AM   #6  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

yes today is all about putting up the christmas tree. Our 20 plus tree fell apart so we got a new one. I really wanted an ordinary one but dh fell in love with one in costco that has an option of clear lights/colour lights/blinking or not. It comes with a remote control. Guess who will be looking for the remote.lol.
got to go, have a nice day everyone.
take care
Sophie
Old 11-28-2015, 08:33 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

It's too early here. I'm going to go down and find some coffee and go out with the puppy dogs. Not much on my agenda today. I put a new book on my Kindle last night I may just read.

Have a great start to the weekend!
Old 11-28-2015, 01:18 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good afternoon!

I was in here earlier, but Jake needed a timer for the outside lights and I needed a couple things from the grocery store, so we wanted to get out early. It's been crazy out there since last weekend!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and then spent the day yesterday putting up the tree and decorating. It's been a tradition in our family to always decorate the day after Thanksgiving, and, apparently, most of our neighbors have the same mindset. It was like a party yesterday, with everybody putting up their outside lights and decorations. Either that, or they were taking advantage of the mild weather, LOL! I'll be away all next weekend, so it's nice to have it all done.
Old 11-28-2015, 04:42 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon,

I have spent the entire day first deep cleaning and rearranging the living room and then I put the tree up and all of the decorations as well. I always do the weekend after Thanksgiving. All I have left is to bring extensions cords around the side of the house so I can attach to the lights in front.

Sounds like everyone was doing the same thing.
Old 11-29-2015, 07:21 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's been too many days since I've popped in. We were off to NY for the holiday and tested staying at Mom's instead of the yurt. Last summer we bought a cot with air mattress for camping and decided to try that out. It was cheaper and nice to be able to hang with Mom after Dad went to bed, but I think we will go for the private space next time. We had a wonderful holiday with my favorite toddler. Cricket was thrilled because he tossed turkey on the floor for her Today is all about getting the house back in shape and maybe a little baking for the week ahead. It's that time of year when I love to have the oven running when I'm home.

We will get our tree next weekend. I just heard about a very local spot to cut our own. Can't wait. We did buy a couple of small ornaments yesterday. We try to get something new each year for our tree. It's a small tree, so not too many ornaments.

I was hoping to lose a lb or two in November, but that didn't happen. guess I will have to be happy that none of the weight lost over the summer found its way back here.

Time to get that To Do list made.
Old 11-29-2015, 07:50 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Nice to hear from you, Cyndi! Glad to hear you had a great holiday with your family! Yep, Cricket scores with the lil' one!

I'm up and not excited about work. I have an hour to get in the mood lol. Pay some bills and drink more coffee!

Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 11-29-2015, 07:55 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Anybody want to take some things off my To Do List? I did get the diningroom table cleared off and will put a leaf or two into it shortly. Having that funeral yesterday seemed to grab a huge hunk out of my day. And I had to be at the Gift Shop by 3:30 to sort and price the donations. There were lots of shoppers as well as record numbers taking wagon rides through the Park for the light display and visiting with Santa. Bed sure felt good last night.

Today will be better. All I need to do is get the table set, some veggies prepped and wait for the guests to arrive after 6 ... and laundry, and clear the closet in the guest room so Paul can replace the hardwood, and find my winter scraper and brush for the car, and finish my DD's gift box so it can go out in tomorrow's mail. (Feel free to help yourself to any of the above. ) I even have pants shortening and a floor to wash if those things don't suit you.

Never mind. It's going to be a sunny, cold and crisp day and the world is rather pretty right now with lacy frosted trees.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:45 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

The house is quiet everyone is still sleeping. Just finished my breakfast, going to try to keep to a Phase 1.5 this week since the scale moved up a lb. I am still down 3.5 for November though. Just got to keep plugging along.

Today I just have some mending and laundry to do and might make a grocery run as well.

It's another gray and cold and wet day outside, ready to see the sun again.

Cyndi sounds like you had a nice visit with the family

Debbie I hope your work day goes by quickly and you have good tippers today

Ruth wow that is quite the to do list you have today. Enjoy your visit with the family this evening.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

Last edited by Pearlrose; 11-29-2015 at 09:45 AM.
Old 11-29-2015, 02:58 PM   #14  

S/C/G: maintaining

Hi, chicks. Worked again yesterday. Lazy day today. DH is back with MIL. I did some errands this morning and will do a few more this afternoon. Rainy and icy here but nothing is freezing on the roads. I have stuff to get at the mall but think I'll wait until after the weekend to avoid the worst of the crowds.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Old 11-29-2015, 04:59 PM   #15  

We are back from taking DS2 to the bus. (That would be an almost 8-hour round trip for us; it pretty much splits the distance for him between our car and the bus/ferry). But I can't grump because everyone in our family that traveled for Turkey Day was able to do it in good weather. Can't always say that at this time of year.

Now I have to make sure I am ready for another week of work. I did laundry and groceries yesterday, and have a tentative meal plan so I guess I just need a good night's sleep.

Cyndi, glad you had a nice visit.
Karen, hope you got the errands done and the weather cooperated.
Pearl, I am there with you on being up 1.5 pounds, but still generally down. I will try to be OP the next few weeks.
Ruth and Debbie, I hope you found the willpower and energy to meet the day's demands!

Enjoy what's left of your weekend, chicks.
Closed Thread