South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 06:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Hump Day Hurdles, SBD Chat for 11/25

And guess where we'll be a month from today!

I see Beth's light is on. Let's see if she beats me in here this morning.
Old 11-25-2015, 07:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning on this Thanksgiving Eve! Safe travels to all who will be on the roads this holiday.

We're having Thanksgiving at my brother's this year, and it will be the first time in decades that I'm not hosting. It sure feels weird, and Jake is so worried that he won't have leftovers to pick on afterwards, so I told him I'd make a small turkey breast on Friday if he'd like, but I'm sure Gina will send him home with plenty.

I work today, but it should be an easy day, and I have to remember to call my doctor for a prescription refill and stop by the supermarket on my way home tonight. That should be an interesting experience, LOL!
Old 11-25-2015, 07:05 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

I didn't beat you today, Cottage, I was too lazy think of a title!
Everyone is still asleep right now so it is quiet but I have lots of holiday prep on the agenda. First up is getting the turkey in the cold water to thaw and then I will make a no sugar apple pie. Then do the squash and cranberry sauce. And I guess I have to make dinner tonight, don't I?

But first coffee. And a thankful mindset. I love the whole holiday season.
Old 11-25-2015, 07:14 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I'm up and not feeling too motivated yet. Perhaps more coffee will help. I leave at 8:30 this morning to take my mom to her appointment. I need to make a pie before I go home and hopefully it'll move housework done. Kirk was out working in the shop this morning and he has chosen to return to bed for little while. I'm afraid if I do that, I won't get back up in time to make that pie. I think I'll just take things slow and steady this morning.

Coffee is calling. I think I'll go find some! Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-25-2015, 08:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning and safe travels to those on the road or air.

I baked, I mean drive to the bakery yesterday, to pick up the pies. I need to re group this month before I spiral completely out of control. It's part hormone, part anxiety and part internal stress that is making me just not care about what I am eating. Another good going into the winter. So today I am putting on my big girl pants and will try to be better than yesterday.

I was productive purging things I no longer use. I've scheduled a donation pick up for December. I carried boxes of Christmas decorations down from the attic that I do not use. I will sort through them and donate them too.

I better get motivated. I need to get the oil changed in the work car. How exciting lol. Linda you are brave going to a grocery store today yikes!
Old 11-25-2015, 08:03 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hump Day is here and a week from today I'll be on my way for a much needed break. Just a "few" things to finish up before then.

When I am away, Paul is going to replace the old hardwood in guest room #1. He refinished it several years ago but it just is not right now that the rest of the house is all brand new floors. I need to clear out dresser drawers and such to make furniture shifting easier. After Christmas, I'll worry about painting the walls.

A very, very boring meeting yesterday although the Hall was comfortably warm! We have an event taking place in the area next May and the people in charge seem absolutely clueless about what's involved. I am trying - and succeeding - in dealing with only the Delta events. The fun part will be making an 1816 costume.

Today I'll write some receipts, pay some bills and do odds and ends of "home" stuff. Tomorrow is supposed to be milder so the outside lights and garlands may get put up. That's the plan anyhow.

Over the Hump we go.
Old 11-25-2015, 08:57 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

WFH day for me, I will be baking a pie today and I will do the rest in the morning. We just do a ham for Thanksgiving instead of a turkey and a small one at that since there are only 6 of us eating.

DS and his GF are getting their first place together so we will probably start moving them this weekend. The DD's are very excited as now they will each have their own room

Cottage hope your day goes by quickly

Beth I decided not to make any sugar free pies this year as I would be the only one eating, I rather take a very small piece of regular pie and then just not eat anymore.

Debbie sounds like you have a plan in place for today

Jekel I need to make another trip to donate stuff, it is accumulating in the basement

Ruth where are you off to on your trip?

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-25-2015, 09:04 AM   #8  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Linda. Enjoy not cooking on thanksgiving. I have a friend who says that she's not cooking and then she winds up bringing half the dinner lol

Beth. Sounds like you have everything organized.

Debbie. Enjoy your dinner tonight. What kind of pie?

Jennifer. Its nice to get rid of stuff. I have about 10 purses I'm going to drop of at vqlue village. Better check if there's any valuables in them. I wish.

Ruth. Are you going to use a sewing machine for the 1816 costume.

I have to go shopping for a top today. Going to a 90th birthday party on Saturday but sadly the person won't recognize anyone. She has dementia. I have known her for over 30 years and she was a very nice and kind person.
take care
Sophie
Old 11-25-2015, 09:06 AM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

pearlrose. Enjoy your thanksgiving.
Take care
Sophie
Closed Thread