South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 06:44 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Tuesday SBD Chat, 11/24

Good Morning!

Coffee is on!
Old 11-24-2015, 06:50 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

I'm up and ready to tackle this day! Swilling coffee and looking around to see what small tasks I could accomplish before heading to work. My sis was headed to Denver for a quick shop last eve so I got the car down and she picked me up. I enjoyed browsing in my favorite kitchen store while she walked over to the mall. We enjoyed yummy salads for dinner then headed home. Work was slightly busy and think today will be more of the same. We are going to have our TG dinner tomorrow at my moms so my sis can back over and spend the day with her group of friends. Mom has an eye appt which I will drive her to while my sis cooks. That's a nice arrangement for both of us!

Happy day everyone!
Old 11-24-2015, 06:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Sounds like you had a nice day, Debbie! Hope your meal is enjoyable tomorrow as well. Do they like traditional food, or do they enjoy a lot of SBD compliant sides?

Today is PT - I failed miserably since last session, so she won't be very happy with me today . I also need to get to Sam's to get some snack items for the trip and to have on hand. Oh, and I guess I should pack, eh? They'd probably appreciate me not wearing the same clothes for the next 5 days, LOL.

Coffee is going down easy today....
Old 11-24-2015, 06:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Debbie! I'm about finished my 1st cup and about ready for a refill!

Yesterday the temps never climbed out of the 30s, and I spent most of the afternoon outside and in the unheated barn. I was sure glad to come home to a hot bowl of warming soup for supper! It's a mite warmer today, but I'll be indoors since the girls are going on the fox hunt. They have 1/2 days this week til Thanksgiving break.

I'm staying home on Friday I'll put up the tree on Friday while Jake is putting up the outside lights and garland. There's no way I'm venturing out on Black Friday, although years ago my SIL and I used to scan the ads and plan a route and leave at dawn to shop. Actually, it was fun --- back then!
Old 11-24-2015, 07:01 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Tammy! You snuck in while I was posting! I hope you have a better day at PT today. When do you leave for your trip?
Old 11-24-2015, 07:24 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Tammy, my sis is a trained chef who eats healthy. We don't stray too far from SBD although there are just far too many choices. Our family seems to enjoy leftovers as much as the meal. Keeping my fingers crossed for your PT today!

Linda, glad you get to stay indoors today. You won't find me out shopping on Friday, either!

Jennifer, you asked yesterday....the DD flying in is not the one with all the issues (which still exist). She lives in SFO but rented an apartment above her Niece and Nephew so she can come for holidays and be of support to the young kids. She was here Halloween, now TG and will return for Christmas/New Year. She has chosen to leave her vehicle here for the winter and fly back and forth. She can't leave her car at her apartment for fear her Sister will vandalize it. Sad but true! We are really grateful she has stepped up to help!

OK, I'm headed down to research more coffee!
Old 11-24-2015, 07:34 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! It's nice to read of everyone's Thanksgiving plans. I'll be sniffing southward soon - I love the smell of roasting turkey almost better than the taste.

Quickie this morning as I have to bundle up, brush the snow off my car and turn on the heat at the Old Town Hall for yet another meeting this morning. I really got cold yesterday at the meeting because the heater made a hum and one person said he could not hear the speaker! I was so cold, I went to bed when I got home to warm up. I think I had frozen bone marrow! The heat stays on for today's event!

Still no lights up outside but I did get the wreath hung on the side door and assembled the box for mailing to my DD out West. I need to send that mailed before I head off for my wee trip next Wednesday. As usual, I need to overnight in Ottawa because of a 6:30 flight. I'm feeling a tad scared about flying to the US considering the terrorist threats but ...

Take care of yourself and have a terrific Tuesday.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning heat is on and I am cleaning the overn! Ok so the oven cleans itself, but boy was it dirty. Today I plan to clean out the hutch and a credenza. Plus take a few things out of the attic for donations. I want to schedule the pick up for Friday morning so I can decorate for Christmas.

I love the Cross Eyed Owl! They give you two 25% off coupons for the week of Black Friday. I bought lots of cute things on sale and used my couplons. I decided to get small gifts for my siblings and combine with gift certificates for wine tastings/luncheons. I picked up some small things for my son too. Later today I will go to Best Buy for my parents' gift card. I am getting them a TV, but they want to pick it out. Much cheaper to ship a gift card lol.

Later I need to venture out to pick up pies for Thursday and Christmas cards I forgot to get yesterday. I may get the oil changed in the work car later or tomorrow.

Tammy hope PT goes well.

Debbie so glad Kirk's daughter is there to help out. Enjoy your day tomorrow.

Linda I ventured out BF in the wee hours when my son was small. Now I won't even go to the mall lol. Smart to stay home.

Ruth bundle up until the heat kicks in at the Mill. Truthfully I am less concerned about flying than going other places. We'll take good care of you in the states

I think I am going to jump in the shower soon and start tackling sone projects. I am not feeling motivated to get on the bike just yet. Have a great day
Old 11-24-2015, 09:32 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I am in office today we are having our Thanksgiving potluck, I will try to stay op but maybe have a small slice of pie. I decided to work at least Friday morning since it is going to be a rainy Friday anyways. I will still be home with the family so it works.

Debbie glad you were able to drop off the car last evening and that is great that she is stepping up to help.

Tywnn hope your PT goes well today

Cottage hope you stay warm today

Ruth sometimes the bed is the only thing that will warm you up

Jekel I did some online shopping at Kohl's yesterday got a discount and then got Kohl's cash as well, win win

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-24-2015, 09:34 AM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Linda. Hope you stay in today. It takes time to get use to cold.

Tammy. Hope your drive goes quickly and pt goes well.

Debbie. Sounds like a nice arrangement for thanksgiving. Enjoy yourself.

Ruth. Heat is a must in those old buildings. Hope your meeting goes well.

Jennifer. Sounds like you are very organized with Christmas shopping. Enjoy cleaning lol.

woke up to white stuff on the ground. I had a very busy weekend and yesterday my stomach wasn't doing great. My eldest son made butter chicken for us on Sunday. I don't think the spices agreed with me.
Take care
sophie
Old 11-24-2015, 07:43 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 5"

Evening, chicks.
My single workday for the week has come and gone; it was busy but productive. I had to catch up from being out yesterday, do today's work and make sure I am ready for the return next Monday. But now I can enjoy my long weekend.

DH grilled some delicious steaks tonight; we had part of a tenderloin that was in the freezer and having the boys home was the perfect excuse to eat it. And I must say, the brussel sprouts I roasted with it were almost as good as the meat! We still have one stalk in the garden to pick. Something about our soil and climate seems to make great sprouts and broccoli.

Tammy,
hope PT went ok and I am glad you are going on the trip.
Debbie, it's good to hear you are getting some help with the family issues; sounds like this DD is a gem.
Jennifer, one of our grocery stores gives reward points that can be used at the gas station. This week is quadruple points on gift cards so I made sure to stop by and pick up the cards I was planning on giving as gifts. Nothing like almost free gas!
Ruth, after a weekend of dire warnings about impending snow we ended up with only a dusting this morning but I"m not complaining. Hope you stayed warm today!

to all the other chicks.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:56 PM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I found a few minutes for an evening fly by. We head to NY tomorrow to see the family. We are trying a stay at their house this time, should be interesting. Tonight I bake

I suspect will just hold even this month, no weight loss likely.
Closed Thread