South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 07:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Lazy Weekend SBD Chitchat, 11/14&11/15

Good morning! I'm all curled up and snug here with my coffee, appreciating the fact that I don't have to hurry off on some errand first thing today. Yesterday started out being a race against time to get some things done before heading over to Dad's for the afternoon.

I'm thinking I may go out later and do a bit more Christmas shopping so I can have the presents nicely wrapped and ready to send my DD's package out in plenty of time. I know what I'm getting, so that will make it a lot easier. Other than that, it's looking like a quiet weekend. Jake is putting new steps on Dad's back deck, and I'll probably go along and visit with him, and I told him I'd make Pigs in the Blanket (stuffed cabbage rolls), and take them to him to
tomorrow for his dinner.

So that about wraps up my weekend. How's yours shaping up?
Old 11-14-2015, 07:37 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

I'm sipping coffee as well, Linda. Gray and chilly outside this morning. I haven't done much in terms of Christmas yet, but I know it will be easy to shop for my kids, niece and nephews; they're all college students so the the gifts will be in the form of checks and gift cards. Pretty easy to wrap! yummmm......cabbage rolls. Might have to put those in my future.

I can't believe how November is whizzing by. Last weekend I meant to get my cornucopia out of the attic and didn't quite get it done; I'd better put it on the priority list or it will be too late!

I'm off to refill my coffee and look for breakfast. Have a great day chicks.

Last edited by Beth19; 11-14-2015 at 07:37 AM.
Old 11-14-2015, 07:37 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Linda and Chicks to follow.

Finally the rain and wind have stopped and I see the sun. There was a slight sprinkle of snow on the back deck this a.m. - just enough to show the pawprints. We will be back into above normal temperatures next week - I'll take it!

So sad this morning thinking of the murders in beautiful Paris. I'm not going to be able to have the news on today. What's next?

Spent part of yesterday searching the Mill and Town Hall for the 25 bags of flour from the last milling. Dan has been insisting for a week that the flour is in the Town Hall. Late yesterday afternoon he showed at my door with the flour. He'd put it in his trunk to move it from Mill to Hall and forgotten it was there. Good thing wife Louise sent him for groceries yesterday!

Not sure what today will bring but I'll probably be staying home. The guys are finally bringing the new door to the Town Hall but are also going to move the bookcases out of my barn to be used for display in our Christmas Shop. I also have an extra sewing machine to be picked up for a woman in the next town who has been supporting herself and kids by doing sewing for extra money. My Singer Touch Tone 2010 is in great shape and hasn't been used by me for ages. I still have my Elna and Janome machines for quilting. The machine will be happy to be used rather than languishing in the storage room.

Time for another coffee and to throw in the first load of laundry while the cheap rates are on. Have a good weekend. Time to cozy in and think Christmas!
Old 11-14-2015, 07:43 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Hi Beth. I always feel a tad guilty when I cop out and give gift cards but find it so hard to buy something appropriate for college-age kids. I always end up attaching the card to a box of chocolates so there's something more tangible under the tree. Gone ate the days when I could give everyone a pair of mittens with $ stuffed inside. Can't do that anymore since we went to $1 and $2 coins and it takes a lot of paper fives to stuff a mitten.

It's sunny here and I'll send it south east across the River.
Old 11-14-2015, 07:53 AM   #5  

Good morning, Ruth, Beth, and those to come. Actually,speaking for myself, I like getting gift cards, because then I can go get exactly what I want and need, rather than something I'd never use. I do ask everyone to give me lists of what they'd like, though, and try to buy off that.
Old 11-14-2015, 08:03 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Shhhhhhhhh, what's all this talk about Christmas? Beth did remind me that I have a fall type wreath downstairs that I completely forgot about. I can't believe it's mid winter already.

Ruth, that is so sweet to let the lady use your sewing machine. My daughter is currently using Granny's (my DH's mom), which is funny because my mom's is downstairs...and granny's is one of those part of a stand and takes up a ton of room. Sigh. At least she wants to sew . She's made a couple of pillow cases and is very proud.

Linda, glad you're enjoying your quiet morning, I hope you enjoy your time with Jake and dad.

For me, DD and I are going to a friend's to learn how to crochet. It was supposed to be knitting, but that lady isn't feeling well, so we switched people. My PT said it would be great for me too, since my left hand doesn't work quite right (no one could tell by looking, I really knew it in surgery). In addition, my friend made some butternut squash soup and is going to share .

Another friend wants to have a Princess Bride party (we were discussing ROUS), we may be doing that tonight...must hunt her down...

Time to make coffee!
Old 11-14-2015, 08:09 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning very windy and sunny this morning. My wind chimes are rocking!

Ruth I like the gift cards with candy idea. Never thought to attach them to anything. DS is good about giving me a list. He even includes links for buying online. I am off the week of Thanksgiving and will get my shopping done then. I want to buy my parents a small TV for their family room. After much convincing my mom agreed, she didn't want me spending too much money on them. She actually asked for a gift card for Best Buy so they can pick it out. Works for me.

I worked until after midnight and today I am really feeling the effects of the long week. At least I am off, sort of, today. I am attending a fundraiser dinner. I will check in with work throughput the evening.

Time to make lists. I might even try for a nap today.

Have a great day
Old 11-14-2015, 08:41 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I slept in til 6:45 a.m. felt good. I had a couple of DD2 friends spent the night, they made a fort in the living room I will have to wake up shortly as DD2 has bowling at 9:30 a.m. and then we are going to a SLU basketball game with them.

I am saying a prayer for France this morning, so tragic, wish we could end the violence in this world.

Cottage I am sipping tea this morning. Sounds like you have a busy day

Beth, I know myself and my kids enjoy getting gift cards. They do not like the debit cards though, as those are too hard to use and use all of it.

Ruth that is a great idea of attaching to chocolates. Glad the flour was found.

Tywnn enjoy your crochet lesson today

Jekel hopefully this will be a fun fundraiser this evening for you.

Have a wonderful Saturday
Old 11-14-2015, 10:29 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I haven't started holiday shopping but have begun making lists of ideas. I always ask my boys for "wish lists." This year we will also be buying something for the girlfriends. Time to get cracking!

DH will get home sometime today, I work this afternoon into evening. Might run some errands this morning if I can get motivated enough. I have a coupon for a discount shoe store and am curious to see if I can find some cute boots to wear with leggings that will take my insoles.

Have a great weekend.
Old 11-14-2015, 01:20 PM   #10  

I'm back from shopping, and I have almost ALL of my Christmas shopping done! I only have to get for Jake, two of my grandchildren yet. And I know exactly what I'm getting them. Now, to get the gifts all wrapped, boxed, and in the mail. The plan is to mail the package out right after Thanksgiving.
Old 11-15-2015, 07:24 AM   #11  

Good morning! I woke up to a frozen world outside with everything coated white with frost, but at least the sun is shining.

I have to get groceries this morning, then get Pigs In A Blanket (e.i. cabbage rolls) in the crockpot, and make an apple pie to share with Dad. And this evening I want to get spinach & artichoke dip all ready so all I'll need to do is pop it in the oven tomorrow night before Book Club. While I'm at my dad's today, he wants me to through some trunks in the attic to see what's in them, so that will be interesting.

What's everyone plans for today?
Old 11-15-2015, 07:27 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Good morning, Linda, and chicks to follow. Linda. I am most impressed that you have your Christmas shopping nearly done. I absolutely must get cracking on mine this week.

A clear day is unfolding after three days of cold rain and wind. We have had some spectacular sunsets on the Lower Lake lately. It's been cloudy most days but they break up as the day wears down and the sunset show is worth the grey November Days.

Got very little accomplished yesterday except for a nice late afternoon visit with Liz when she came to pick up the sewing machine for her client. I really felt cruddy with this cold and didn't feel at all like going to a birthday party for Joanne's son Silas. (I really think that having birthday parties for teens is just a money grab for cash or gift cards. Aside from that Silas is a bit of a PITA - at 15 he still freaks when his food is "touching". Anyhow I had a "home-alone" pizza and a glass of wine plus some TV and hit bed early.)

Not sure yet what today will bring but am hoping to get those big bookcases out of my barn and off to the Christmas Shop at the Town Hall. Katherine and I need them to get the Shop ready for opening on the weekend. Nobody else seems to be worrying about this except us but there is still Christmas decorating to do at the Hall and the Mill which has 39 windows to be done with lit wreaths. (I don't have a life! I need staff!)

Time for another coffee and some planning as I wait for the morning cold meds to snap in!

Be kind to one another and to yourself, Beachers.
Old 11-15-2015, 07:39 AM   #13  

Feel better soon, Ruth, and I hope things get moving for the mill! I wanted to get my shopping done now while it was weighing on my mind so much. One less thing to worry about!
Old 11-15-2015, 08:26 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning!

Ruth I agree with your views on teenager birthday parties. Hope your cold passes quickly. I bet the mill looks really pretty all decorated.

Linda I am usually nearly done by now with my shopping too. Nothing is jumping out at me yet. I may send a gift basket to my Aunt Gail. She seems to really enjoy not cooking. At 81 there is nothing she needs or wants. Although she really loves the Keurig my mom sent her for her 80th birthday. Big change for the Sanka drinker lol. I didn't even know they still made Sanka!

Today is normal house stuff as I am working tomorrow on my day off. The dinner was nice last night. Music was too loud lol so I must be getting old. Otherwise it was a success.

Hope everyone enjoys their day
Old 11-15-2015, 08:31 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Yesterday was absolutely beautiful day and today looks to be about the same and then the rain moves in for a few days.

We were on our way to the basketball game yesterday when DH gives me the tickets and I am like ummm this are for tomorrow not today, oops. So we ended up just going to town and went shopping. The stores are getting crowded already. I did score a cute sweater on clearance. Kinda of hard to do any Christmas shopping since both DD1 and 2 were with me and didn't find anything for DS.

Cottage enjoy your day with your dad and I hope you find interesting stuff in the trunks

Ruth haha I love your acronym PITA....took me a minute but I figured it out. You and Katherine should have help, it shouldn't be just the two of you decorating the hall.

On agenda today is the basketball game and then Awana is having Thanksgiving dinner so we will go to that (I am sure I will not be able to eat most of it, except for a couple of items, since my work weight loss challenge ends on Thursday morning, need to stick to the plan)

Jekel you snuck in while I was writing my post. Glad you enjoyed the dinner last night

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

Last edited by Pearlrose; 11-15-2015 at 08:32 AM.
Closed Thread