South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 06:26 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Wet Wednesday - November 11

It always seems appropriate to have a gray and rainy day on November 11 as we honour our veterans. We call it Remembrance Day here and wear the poppy. I will be going to the ceremony at the school in the next town.

Not sure what the rest of the day will bring. I may do a dash into town to buy a new cookie cutter for gingerbread people for the Children's activity day at the Town Hall. When I'm there I'll make a start at Christmas shopping and pick up a roast chicken. (I have a gift card from last Christmas for Swiss Chalet, THE place for chicken in Canada.) On the other hand, an afternoon at home with the furries and some sewing might be more relaxing and it would be good to finish binding the last quilt and get them out of the house.

For now, another coffee and some dog cuddling is on the schedule.
Old 11-11-2015, 06:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth - THE place for chicken? What makes it special? THE place for ham is honey baked ham, here. I'm too cheap to buy it , but it is pretty yummy!!

You're right, it is a very gloomy day for veteran's day here today. It's nice, many of the restaurants are providing free something - food, drink, or similar if you are a veteran. It's a great way (I think) to say a little thank you.

DH is home, a little bit gloomy because of his visit. He has the day off as a state employee, so he's hoping to take the pup out for a good jaunt in the woods. I have my study and who knows what else. I do need to clean up my new bike (if he oils it for me too) so I can start using it.

Hoping for a glimpse of sunshine today!
Old 11-11-2015, 06:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Our rain must have moved up there, Ruth. We're getting sunshine today.

We finally got our new stove last evening, and by the time Jake and Dustin installed it, I only had time to make sure everything worked right and used the oven to bake a Kashi pizza. I won't get home until late this evening, so I won't get a chance to use it tonight, either.

I'd better finish my coffee and get ready to go, since I have to stop by Dad's before I go to work.
Old 11-11-2015, 07:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, Tammy! We got a ham from Honeybaked Ham once, and they were pretty good, although expensive! Jake always gets a rotisserie chicken from Wegman's when we go. He claims they're the best! He's going to go to Applebee's for his free dinner today.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning thank you to all who have served. My job gives all our Veterans off today. They have a nice ceremony honoring all MTA veterans at Grand Central.

Tammy we just had a honey baked spiral ham on Sunday. I had it in the freezer since Easter! I only get one when I "earn" one at the grocery store. Hope DH perks up. Hope DH gets your bike all spiffy and you two can go riding together.

Ruth I woukd enjoy being home quilting with the pups. Perfect day for it and a cup of tea.

Linda glad the stove is ready to go. Technically you did christen it

Nothing new here. Looking forward to a fundraiser dinner on Saturday. I even bought me a new dress. So now I own 3 lol.

My step dad served in Korea. He and my mom will go to Applebee's too. One of the orchards by Joe's gives free apples to all Veterans today. We should remember all who serve or served everyday.

Hav a great day
Old 11-11-2015, 08:08 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

We have dreary weather also. I'm sipping my coffee and trying to decide what mix of relax and chores to do today. I may take DH out for his freebie lunch as well, and maybe do a bit of shopping. (Btw DH picked up a turkey yesterday so we're all good there)

Have a great day chicks.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:48 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I came into work early as they had a breakfast ceremony for all of us veterans. Very nice of them and they had op plan food as well

I asked DH to meet me on the way home and I think we will have dinner out if everyplace is not too crowded.

We are supposed to get bad storms starting around 7 p.m. this evening but it looks to have move more north of us so less chance of it happening.

Ruth decisions decisions, I would probably stay home lol

Tywnn hope your DH gets your bike oiled up for you

Cottage glad you got your stove set up last evening.

Jekel my dad retired from Army, my dh retired from Air Force. I need to call my dad today, I am sure he won't be going to any of the restaurants lol not his thing.

Beth enjoy the day with your DH

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Closed Thread