South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 07:19 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default Happy Halloween! Daily Chat 10/31 AND Nov. 1st

Good morning and Happy Halloween!
Any Beachers up and ready for coffee? Luckily it's wayyyyy too early for candy.
Old 10-31-2015, 07:30 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks. Sipping coffee while I mentally make a grocery list. Since I don't have any little ones, and live far enough out in the sticks to not get trick-or-treaters, today will be a normal day for me. I will get some groceries, clean, do a load of laundry and maybe read. If it stays clear I may also take a walk. Oh and I guess I need to do a bit of schoolwork.

Ruth, Cottage and Debbie, sounds like your Friday plans were busy; hope you were able to get much accomplished.

Tammy, did you make your chili? I had some last weekend, and made stew as well. I want to look for another soup to make this weekend. Maybe a bean soup? I've also got a spaghetti squash to cook.

Jennifer, I'm sure your Texas trip is work, correct? How long do you stay? I find it hard to stay OP when I'm away.

Karen, I am glad you got a 2nd opinion. Hope you get some relief from your neck/back issues.

Have a great day, chicks. I'm off to refill my cup.
Old 10-31-2015, 07:41 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Yesterday was a crappy day at the project. And unexpected electrical problem always shows up. Deep down I do know to expect it.we didn't make as much progress as I had hoped but I just kept painting while the other things got resolved. I'm getting ready to head up now. Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-31-2015, 07:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

How can it be the end of October already?!

I'm working today. I finally bought Halloween candy yesterday. Apparently I can't even buy it a day in advance! Darn lack of willpower.

DH will be back home this evening. His sister arrives from Seattle today and will take over MIL duty for most of the week. Except DH has to go back to relieve her tomorrow so she can visit friends. Hmm.

Tomorrow morning we have a meeting at work before the store opens. That's about it for my weekend plans. Oh - I need to plan some meals now that DH is coming back and I might finally stop eating crap instead of real food.

Have a great weekend.
Old 10-31-2015, 07:55 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning We are off to celebrate the babe's first year of life. Can't wait to see him again. DH got the day off too, so it will be a more relaxing drive.

Debbie - We just went through a couple of months of electricians and a plumber and solar experts and bills to get our system working properly again. It was no fun. Hope yours is easier to resolve.

Time to get moving. I've got presents to wrap
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dylan - B-Day Book.jpg (32.9 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by CyndiM; 10-31-2015 at 07:55 AM.
Old 10-31-2015, 07:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Halloween!

I'm thankful my coffee doesn't taste like witches brew on this spooky day! We heard some strange sounds throughout the night, probably just kids out fooling around for Mischief Night, but no harm was done. We had the front lights on all night, any, just in case!

Today is all about fun and getting ready for tonight. It's all about the kids, LOL! We live at the end of the cul-de-sac and never know how many Trick or Treaters will show up, but we're ready. It's going to be clear, but cold, and we're planning to sit outside with our neighbors to hand out treats. It's a time to catch up with the news and chat with neighbors we usually only have time to wave to.

Old 10-31-2015, 07:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Debbie - you should have your own HGTV show! I like watching Flip or Flop, it drives the rest of my family nuts.

Beth - It's never too early for candy

There's a home football game today (actually, it's against my Alma Mater, Illinois!), so avoid town except when the game is going on. Yet another reason we had trick or treating Thursday night.

I had some good news yesterday. Shhhh...I don't eat very well anymore for many reasons, but I'm getting a *little* better on food. I still come here every day because it's been such a habit for so long, and I eventually hope it will be my mainstay again. Anyways, with me eating so much bread and simple carbs, I was afraid of my bloodwork. Cholesterol 161 (normal less than 230), and triglycerides 79! Go genetics! That's the same as what it was a year ago (?) when I was eating far better than I do now. WOO HOO! Unfortunately, my hubbie's bloodwork was not as good, but he has - the bad genetics. It was just a bit of relief knowing everything was normal despite getting older and poor choices.

Anyways - not sure what is on tap for the weekend, we'll see what the family and hubby say!
Old 10-31-2015, 07:58 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and Happy Halloween.

The candy supply is stable and I am sure I don't need to go out to get any more. I usually have 30 to 40 kids and they all seem to come from 5:30 to 7:30. After that it's kids who are taller than me which never seems right! I have an empty house on each side of me the the jerk across the street is a real "el cheapo" so not many come down the dark street.

Not sure what's on the agenda today but am sure I'll "manage to fill my time". I am going to the next town to buy a 100 watt bulb for my kitchen light. It's a pretty drive and there is still lots of colour in the trees.

Time to get cracking and ...

From ghoulies and ghosties. And long-leggedy beasties.
And things that go bump in the night, Good Lord, deliver us!
Old 10-31-2015, 08:00 AM   #9  

Look at everyone that snuck in!

Linda - enjoy your visit with the neighbors tonight. I especially love seeing the little ones dressed up (although I'm not so sure they enjoy it much!)

Cyndi - I can't believe he's a year old already! Enjoy and drive safe.

Karen - glad you got your second opinion. I too am lacking willpower - previously I would buy what I knew I didn't like. Tsk, tsk on me!

and Ruth too! Hi Ruth!

Last edited by TwynnB; 10-31-2015 at 08:01 AM.
Old 10-31-2015, 08:09 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Had a wonderful time at the wedding rehearsal yesterday, I will bow out from attending the wedding today since I will be home with DD2 to hand out candy to trick or treaters, but DH and DS will attend (they are in the wedding lol). I think she wants to go with a friend and her family but I want to be home with her either way. DH actually did not buy chocolate to hand out this year he got pretzels and animal crackers.

Beth enjoy your day today.

Debbie sorry you are running into issues. That reminds me of the Property Brothers show when they start the renovation they always run into some kind of issue with the house.

Cottage- it is rainy right now, hopefully it will move out by 6 p.m. but they are not sure it will.

Karen are you in a mall where they do trick or treat?

Cyndi glad you are able to celebrate GS birthday

Tywnn glad you got good blood work news, I just got my done at Health Fair on Thursday and it was good as well.

Ruth enjoy your drive, we do not get many trick or treaters either most of the kids go to the newer subdivisions but since the church 3 doors down does a trunk or treat we get more kids now since all of my neighbors but there lights on.

Happy Halloween to all of the chickies! Be safe out there if you are going out.

Last edited by Pearlrose; 10-31-2015 at 08:10 AM.
Old 10-31-2015, 09:04 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning, Tammy I agree it's never to early for candy We don't get may trick or treaters here, but I still have candy. I plan on leaving a bowl out on the front steps. The dogs get anxious whenever anyone comes to the front door. Since DS will be out I better leave the candy in hopes it will be gone before I come home. I'm sure the freaks will be out and about in NYC tonight lol. Work will be interesting to say the least.

Pearlrose I leave Monday and will be in College Station Texas. Beth if they don't offer snacks at the class I might be ok lol. Traveling alone helps though as I won't be tempted to have a few. I checked to see if there was a grocery store within walking distance so I can pick up a few staples.

Ruth enjoy your drive it is pretty here too

Cyndi your grandson is adorable. Enjoy hugging and kissing him

Debbie every project here always has a hiccup lol. Hope you accomplish what you plan on today

Happy Halloween
Old 10-31-2015, 10:14 PM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

OMG! So the neighbor boy is 15 now. He was always my little buddy when he was young. He'd always come over and visit and we do things in the yard. So he texts me today that he's having a party tonight and to let him know if the music gets too loud. I never mind because he such a great kid but my bedroom window faces their house and there's probably 20 feet from my side door to the fence. So the music has been going for hours and it's not bad. He's got all kinds of strobe lights and things flashing in the trees and all the trick-or-treaters are coming into the yard. I just had to let the dogs out so I let them out the side door. They both immediately run over to the fence and start barking at all the trick-or-treaters and partygoers! I figured I just let them do their business and they just show up at at the back door again. Bing showed back up but Kirby didn't immediately come back and all of a sudden I thought oh wow this is his first Halloween here! I call him but I'm sure he can't hear because the music is so loud so I head out the back door to see if I can find him. When I get down in the front yard and there are kids all over the sidewalks cop cars everywhere Josh has his music going and all the neighbors houses are lit up with decorations and strobe lights! Kirby is down at the front hedge barking at all the trick-or-treaters but you can't even hear him barking because everything is so loud! Once I get down there he decides he's definitely heading back with me! We are now hold up in the upstairs bedroom with the lights out. Strobe lights are flashing in the window. It's 815 on a Saturday night. Halloween 2015. My guess is that the music is on until at least 11. LOL!

Happy Halloween everyone!
Old 11-01-2015, 06:32 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh dear! That sounds awful,Debbie. At least that's over for another year.

To everyone else ............
and welcome to November.

Did everyone affected remember to turn back their clocks? I managed to remember but my body didn't change herself so I was up my usual time which is earlier. It'll adjust.

The church crew are coming for coffee and toast at 8:30. I sure hope they all remembered to adjust! Of course my drama queen Keurig advised me that I need to change it's water filter - like I know how to do that without reading the manual! I'll make coffee the old way with the retired coffee maker. So glad I have filters on hand.

Not sure what the rest of the day will bring but "there's always something." (Who used to say that on TV? "
Old 11-01-2015, 07:23 AM   #14  

Debbie - so I take it you didn't let him know the music was too loud? BTW - FIFTEEN and having a party like that?! Were his parents around? Really?

Ruth - Oh dear, never have a church gathering the day of a time change . We actually use our regular pot for coffee everyday, and use the keurig if we need an afternoon pick-me-up, or if we have friends over so they can pick or choose. But, DH can sure down the coffee, so it makes more economical sense!

Not sure what's on tap for today - supposed to do church, but with the time change it might be a bit difficult. I do need to hit the sales a bit, I'm sure my DD would be more than happy to accompany me .
Old 11-01-2015, 07:26 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, and Welcome November!

Debbie, I hope Kirby has recovered from his 1st Halloween. At least your neighbor was thoughtful enough to warn you ahead of time about his party.

Ruth, most of our clocks in the house reset themselves automatically, but I do have to remember to turn back the one in my car. This is a timely reminder to change the batteries in your smoke detectors, too. We always change them when we turn back clocks in the Fall.

Last night was fun, and we got a lot of Trick or Treaters. Most of the costumes were amazing this year, and we had plenty of adorable little puppy dogs and princesses, too. We were giving out candy by the handful, but we still have leftovers. It's a good thing I'm not the least bit tempted by candy. I do enjoy a peppermint patty occasionally, but no one seemed to give them out this year.

This morning is Mass, then I'm making 2 pots of vegetable soup, one with meat and the other without. I'm making a loaf of whole wheat, seeded bread in the bread machine, too. It will be nice to come in from raking leaves all afternoon to a nice bowl of homemade soup.
Closed Thread