South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 06:30 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Marvy Monday - October 5

Good morning. The furnace sure feels good this morning - once I remembered to turn it up! I've been awake since 3 and up and sipping coffee since 4 so decided it was time to crank us up.

I have quilting group this morning and am going to attempt to deliver more fair schoolwork after lunch and also hit the bank. I have to be in overdrive for the next three days and will be glad to hit the airport Hilton for dinner and early bed late afternoon Wednesday. Sure hope our trip to Charleston isn't flooded out.

I had planned to start packing today but can't find my carry-on suitcase. I know I brought it back from Cuba since I have my beach cover-up but ... No doubt it's stashed in some obscure place in this house. (Hmmm. I wonder if someone borrowed it.) If it doesn't show by tomorrow morning when I go to town for a haircut, I'll be investing in another. I do have my passport, US Mastercard and American money though.

Wakey, wakey - Rise and shine ... or just shimmer a bit, OK?
Old 10-05-2015, 06:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

We haven't turned on the heat here yet, Ruth. It stays warm enough overnight if we keep the windows closed. I hope your carryon shows up so you won't have to get another one!

Yesterday's Red Hat Christmas Show was a lot of fun, and over 200 people were there. It was quite a sight to look out over a sea of red hats!

Today will be busy at the farm with catching up on laundry and doing the grocery shopping, and I have a hairdresser appt. after work, and am going straight from there to my SIL's for her book club open house. I'll sleep well tonight!
Old 10-05-2015, 06:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Ruth! I sure hope your trip doesn't get ruined, that will break a lot of hearts! The pictures sure are wicked, reminds me of Hurricane Floyd that happened right when I moved to NC in '99. Can't forget nature's fury like that.

Today is menu and grocery shopping. I'm using the ham bone from last week to make some ham and bean soup, it sure is good weather for it! (oh, I better pick up a loaf of bread for the kids to go with their soup....) I think I'll put Mexican crock pot on the menu too, I tend to switch to that from tacos when the weather cools off. (especially because the tomatoes get nasty!)

Hope everyone's Monday is smooth sailing!
Old 10-05-2015, 06:53 AM   #4  

Good morning Cottage! Do we get to see a picture of you all dolled up for the event!?!
Old 10-05-2015, 07:01 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning,Tammy! My SIL is supposed to post some pictures on FB that I'll share, since my pictures didn't turn out too well.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:13 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

This week is Customer Service week, so I will be in office all week celebrating my staff. We have lots of fun activities for them with an awards luncheon on Friday to top it off. Today we are serving them breakfasts, I had my greek yogurt and tea so I am good

We are supposed to get back into the 70s this week, my house has moved up to 65 degrees so it is warmer than it was this weekend.

Ruth I hope you find your luggage, I hate when I misplace things. I sure hope your trip does not get canceled. I have seen some of the pictures that is a lot of water down there.

Cottage glad you had a good time at the event, I will look for the pics

Tywnn, I did make a squash for dinner last night and that will be my lunch for today. I was going to make an almond/cranberry/pumpkin "muffin" recipe that looked good but I missed an ingredient in the recipe and wasn't sure how it would turn out without that piece.

to everyone else

Have a great Monday
Old 10-05-2015, 07:15 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Sure wished my Red Hat had been as much fun as yours, Linda. My small group (years ago) consisted of wimps who were worried about looking silly and thought a fun night was watching an Elvis impersonator.

Tammy, I am so hoping this trip comes off. I feel like I've not had any summer holidays this year! A day off from Mill stuff once in a while is not a vacation!

Just decided the suitcase MUST be in the upstairs sauna/storage and am going up to tackle it. When Claire painted the wee guestroom upstairs, we did move odds and ends into the storage and it may have been shifted.

Wish me luck!
Old 10-05-2015, 07:38 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I'm on the run as per Kaz decided to go to Glenwood this morning. I will follow either tomorrow afternoon or early Wednesday morning. I want him to take the dogs which means we need to get our act together because I have to lift them into the car. Still need to make my smoothie and get my nails done. My nails look like I've been on vacation for a week.

Have a great Monday everyone!
Old 10-05-2015, 08:40 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning ��

Looks like another crisp, pretty fall day here. Maybe I'll get to an orchard for some apples and honey. I'm going to Joe's at some point today when I'm motivated, which won't be too soon lol.

Ruth I've always wanted to go to Charleston. I hope you have a wonderful time.

Tammy I remember hurricane Gloria like it was yesterday and I was a kid. Nature has such a fury at times. My crockpot was going all day yesterday. Butternut squash soup (mock recipe of Panera's autumn harvest soup), smoked chickpea and red lentil too. My make shift shepards pie gave me trouble as my cauliflower did not want to mash! I still have chili, eggplant lasagna and creamy Mexican casserole in the freezer so I think I am set for the month.

Linda glad your luncheon was fun. I hope to have a group of girlfriends to hang out with when I retire (which is no time soon)

Debbie enjoy getting your nails done.

Pearlrose that is nice making breakfast for the employees. Kudos to you for resisting. I'm up 3 from the conference. Spending the rest of the week mostly P1 with an apple thrown in.

Time for a second cup then need to getting some indoor miles in. It is only 46 here a little too cold for me to ride outside. Have a great day.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:54 PM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Found it - inside the big suitcase! Duh! I now have my suitcase, passport and US moola.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:36 PM   #11  

Jennifer - Oooooohhhh myyy! I forgot about Panera's Autumn Harvest Soup! I need to make that soon too!
Old 10-05-2015, 07:38 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 5"

I'm still here; just had a busy day. I had a great day yesterday making muffins for DH, quiche for my workweek and a small pan of apple crisp with some apples from our trees. I used Splenda brown sugar and cut way back on the topping; delicious!

We are having chilly nights but some sun and moderate temperatures this week. October can be really nasty but so far so good.

I had reached my September goal weight early but this weekend I was up again; I am blaming TOM and hormones in general. I am trying not to mindlessly snack and drink lots of water in an effort to combat it. Why is it so easy to gain weight and so hard to lose it???

Hope everyone had a great Monday.
Closed Thread