South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 07:15 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default It's the Weekend Sept 19-20 chat

Good morning and happy Saturday.
Old 09-19-2015, 07:22 AM   #2  

We are moving slowly around here this morning. Haven't even had my first coffee yet! Today will be some niggles: things like a bit of cleaning, groceries and meal planning. We are expecting rain by mid-afternoon so I may even spend some time doing paperwork. The weather will be better tomorrow so we will plan an outside activity.

What's on your agenda?
Old 09-19-2015, 07:23 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning, Beth, and thanks for getting us started! I have already traveled over the hill this morning, unpacked my groceries, and enjoyed a hot cup of coffee on the porch while the owl talked to me. He has been up in the mountains all summer and has returned to his winter home. I've crawled back in bed and intend a continuation of my rest. LOL. When the sunrises I will head out and attempt to a bit of yardwork. It looks like a beautiful day is in store here!

Enjoy your Saturday everyone!
Old 09-19-2015, 07:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Happy Saturday to you Beth. You got a great day to be off!

Yesterday was a great day. was up at 4 and home at 10pm. Met up with the group in Oakdale. There were 22 of us. It was great riding though areas where I grew up. Brought back a lot of fond memories. Everyone rode at their own pace. I was with the front group. I push myself so much more when in a group setting. We rode 83 miles yesterday. I actually stayed OP until we had dinner. We ordered pizzas and ate in a parking lot. We had canopies, seats, refreshments and the ocean. Who could ask for anything more. Lost 2 pounds from riding. According to my app based on average pace and time I burned over 4000 calories. I consumed 2000 yesterday. I don't think I could do that everyday, but nice to know I am stronger than I think.

Today is nothing but rest until work later.

Good morning Debbie you snuck in on me. You did more today already than most people do. Enjoy going back to bed. PS I love owls!

Happy Saturday everyone!

Last edited by jekel383; 09-19-2015 at 07:30 AM.
Old 09-19-2015, 07:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Jennifer, you are freakin' awesome!!!

Debbie - I remember the days of getting up and going grocery shopping before everyone else. LOL. I can't remember if I mentioned here that I thought a couple of months ago that I missed the hawks in the field behind us - they weren't here this year. So then we get a new one - (peregrine instead of red tailed?) - what a NOISY bird!! LOL. That's what I get for missing the old ones!

Beth - thanks for starting us off. It is a beautiful morning here - I should check and see if we're in for rain later as well. I wonder how far I live from you?

For me - lazy day . Yesterday I went to one of my favorite places ever that I used to trail run. It was bittersweet - I loved seeing the trails I used to take off on, but the (I'm guessing) 0.3 mile walk took it out of me. But it was so beautiful. I'm hoping next summer I can do more .

We live near Penn State, and it's a home football game weekend, so it's "avoid town at all costs". I do need to get to Sam's, which is right by our house. It is cute to see all the motor homes lined up outside wally world and sam's on the game weekends.

I guess I should plan dinner tonight. Any ideas?
Old 09-19-2015, 07:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Jennifer - Wow. That's a long ride!

I'm working this afternoon. Might run to Costco this morning to pick up one thing that DH didn't get on his trip yesterday. Usually that is his store. I'm working at 3:00, but a shorter shift so I don't have to close. Woo hoo. Still have leftover taco bake to pack for dinner at work. Eating is going well; back to PH2 now for a couple more days.

Have a great weekend.
Old 09-19-2015, 08:10 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Our pot of coffee is already gone, but I haven't done anything more productive than make lists DH wants to go thrift storing with me so tonight is shopping night. That gives me all day to can tomatoes, dry peppers, freeze herbs, etc, etc, etc I was going to shop while he is at work, but he actually likes going with me.

Not much going on here. I'm settling into the new job. I do like working with the kids, but wish they'd given me some guidance and training before throwing me in.

Beth - our rain is coming overnight. I am looking forward to fall temps. Might make chili tomorrow.

Debbe - Happy napping, you've earned it! What kind of owl?

Jennifer -Sounds like a great ride!

Tammy - Hooray for getting back out on the trail. I'm in soup and stew mode now that the temp is coming down a little.

Karen - It's always one more thing Yum taco bake, thanks for the reminder.

Okay, I really need to get moving now. Lots to do and no more excuses

Happy weekend!

Last edited by CyndiM; 09-19-2015 at 08:10 AM.
Old 09-19-2015, 08:17 AM   #8  

Ok I need to look at taco bake again. I remember making it once and I wasn't thrilled with it.
Old 09-19-2015, 08:45 AM   #9  

Since we're talking tacobake I will mention that I always "beef it up" a bit with some extra veggies so it fills 2 8 x 8 pans. That way I get one for the freezer. When it is only DH and I with no kids even a small pans feeds us with enough leftovers for lunch.

Jennifer, I love the creamy Mexican casserole but DH is not a fan so I don't make it very often.

Tammy,
head east 75 miles and go straight north about 200. (There aren't any direct roads between us but as the crow flies I'm not that far from Ruth.) Much of our weather comes from Canada.

Last edited by Beth19; 09-19-2015 at 08:51 AM.
Old 09-19-2015, 09:07 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Today will be a busy day for me, DD2 has soccer game and then volleyball clinic. While she is at clinic I will try to get my toes done and maybe hair cut and get some groceries. Not sure what is on the agenda for tonight.

The Balloon Glow was cancelled last evening because it was too windy, they race today, might get to see them in the sky

Beth the rain woke me up last night but didn't last long, it is sunny this morning

Debbie I hope you are enjoying your nap

Jekel wow that is great 83 miles wow. Yeah for the scale moving for you

Tywnn at least you got to go visit the trail, little steps

Karen hope your shift goes by quickly

Cyndi enjoy your day sounds like you have it planned out

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!
Old 09-20-2015, 07:06 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Sunday morning although it is not shining brightly. However, PTL, I do have lights - we had a long power outage last night and headed to bed very early. It's funny but my dogs are scared when the power goes out. All is well this morning - although Jazz has re-discovered his escape route and is out there trying to herd cats. That HAS to be discovered and fixed today.

Wonderful evening on Friday when Dave arrived. He always has classy cars but this time it was a silver T-bird convertible. We drove around in it a bit before dinner - been a long time since I've driven anything "tops down" - the 50's maybe? The roast turned out well although I have way too much left. I may make a couple of small sheprherd's pies with cauliflower for the topping. We imbibed a bit too much wine as things were pretty quiet at breakfast.

Although it was raining slightly (more a mist) the new ice rink was opened in great style with a lot of folks turning up for the opening. The old rink had been there for forty years and was just gravel. The one is a concrete base and can be used year-round - roller skating hockey was the first game played and I was slightly temped. Then I decided to be a grown-up.

Today will be an at home day, I hope. Finding Jazz will be first on the list and then fixing his escape route. Until then he will be on the long lead when outside. I have a financial report to do for tomorrow's Mill Board meeting and other desk stuff but I will put aside some me time before I tackle the week.

Just heard some barking from outside so will throw on a coat over my T-shirt nightgown and go see if I can herd in my escapee.

Wishing you all a good day with no dog-escaping events!
Old 09-20-2015, 07:09 AM   #12  

Good morning I am off to meet a new friend soon for a ride, unless the skies open up which it looks like they might. Otherwise a day of chores. I had an amazing week with the scale dropped 5.4 for the week. I know this week will be challenging as I am staying in a hotel for two days because of work. so I will be relegated into eating what is available at Penn. Thanfully there are a few healthy options. We are challenged for space, but I plan on bringing in sliced fruits and veggies for my snacks.

Pearlrose I hope you get to see the balloons.

Tammy your picture on Facebook was beautiful. Baby steps are still steps. Glad you enjoyed the trail even if differently this time out

Time to get cranking, have a great day!

Ruth, riding in a convertible sounds like fun. My, my Jazz is quite the character lol

Last edited by jekel383; 09-20-2015 at 07:11 AM.
Old 09-20-2015, 07:13 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, that was quick, Jazz and his pal Milo were right at my side door when I opened it. That has to be a sort of record for time to catch a dog. All is well - except for the escape route. He will be on the long lead until I get that fixed.

Now, another coffee and then on with the rest of the day!
Old 09-20-2015, 08:11 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

It's still dark here but not too cold. I'm still managing my outdoors coffee without bundling into winter clothing. Sadly, the hummingbirds are all gone. I cleaned the feeder and will store it until Spring. (I can hardly wait!)

Work today and my week is mapped out. I work 3, take mom to eye appt. Wednesday then head over to Glenwood. My friend has Thurs. 8am appointment with radiology. Hopefully she will have seen the surgeon by then. We are trying to pack up and head to Grand Teton/Yellowstone the week after but all will depend on surgery date for my friend. I'm working on a support network for her in Glenwood (which includes my Sis) but Sis is leaving tomorrow for Switzerland for 3 weeks. Neat for her!

So I had to color my hair this morning and get the carpet cleaned in the laundry room. Would have loved to put that off unfortunately dog pee just attracts more. I think the 2 extra dogs last week contributed to some "marking". 4 males in one house (2 not neutered) seems to be too many.

I wish everyone a great Sunday! I still have smoothie to make, shower to take and hopefully one more cup of coffee before I pack the pups up and head to daycare/work.
Old 09-20-2015, 09:15 AM   #15  

Good morning, chicks! We had rain move through overnight and have now shifted to "fall" weather: it is 52* and sunny. That makes nice weather to work outside so I may spend a bit of time deadheading and starting to pull dead stuff from the garden. I got my mums planted mid-week and they are quite pretty.

Ruth, glad the pups came back quickly! Did you have storms that knocked out the power?

Jennifer, enjoy your ride! Friday's ride was impressive. I'm glad you have a plan for dealing with eating with working so much this week.

Debbie, hope your day at work goes smoothly.

Yesterday was a good mix of relaxing and productivity but I need to do a bit more cleaning and deskwork today. But I will also make time to finish my book.

Have a great day, chicks!
Closed Thread