South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 07:26 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thankful Thursday Chat - September 17

Very thankful for the bonus of summerlike days this week. We are going up to 82º for the next three days with nice cool temperatures at night. Right now we are in a peasoup fog, typical fall morning weather.

Not sure what the day has in store so I am going to grab control of it myself. The front flowerbed needs some deadheading and maybe even a few weeds removed. I am well mulched but there are always a few sneaky dandelions that manage to grow.

The Mill is closed to the public but we did have a tour booked yesterday which Anna handled. Tomorrow a private school group will be there for 8:30! Chris, our miller, will be there to explain the milling process and may even do some grinding so the kids can see. Anna and I will ride herd.

Time to lug the trash to the road and crank up the day. Both dogs are zzzzing away on the chairs in the parlour preparing for a day of guarding the house and yard. I'm thankful for their devoted protection.

Have a thoughtful and thankful day!
Old 09-17-2015, 07:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

It is such a beautiful morning, it's promising to be as beautiful as yesterday! I do love fall, and it's almost here.

Today is a slow day - which is awesome. A few niggles, not a lot. And I'm making pork tenderloin on the grill for the hubbie tonight (with a big pot o' collards!), so he'll be very happy.

Gorgeous morning!...
Old 09-17-2015, 07:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning I am thankful for a WFH day, sort of. Obviously I can't really work from home, but will be taking care of personal job things (range to requalify with my off duty firearms, tour of the new K9 facility, lunch with the K9 Lt and vehicle maintenance appointment) That should kill 8 hours. Then I will be home getting ready for our bike ride tomorrow. I probably won't check in until Saturday.

Ruth I couldn't get over the price of the prime rib, even the reduced price!!! At that price it should cook itself.

Pearlrose how many calories do you aim for?

Hi Tammy you snuck in on me. Yes it is a gorgeous morning. We will be in the 80's the next few days, but I do love fall.

Last edited by jekel383; 09-17-2015 at 07:55 AM.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Thankful to be eating well again I've been maintaining within a couple of pounds of my goal weight for several years now, a record for me, but have to admit that it takes diligence and I am aware how easy it is for me to slip into old habits. But after so many years of yo-yo-ing, I have at least learned to put on the brakes before things get out-of-control. I'd rather just be able to eat and not think about it, but I don't think that will ever be me. Sigh. So I have to say I am thankful for learning the concept of a red-line on 2fatchicks.

I've got absolutely nothing but laundry on my agenda today!!! Don't even need to get more OP groceries. Will probably relax, read a book, I don't know what else. I sure wish my allergies weren't so bad this year - DH is around today and we could be hiking or biking but I don't want to deal with the ragweed's impact.

Have a great day.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:21 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is supposed to get back to the 90's today with possibility of thunderstorms this evening. DD2 has a soccer game today. I am wfh and am aiming to knock a few loads of laundry as well.

Ruth enjoy the tour with the kiddos and enjoy the weather

Tywnn enjoy your day

Jekel I aim for 1200 to 1300 calories I seem to be able to lose weight when I aim there. It's hard to do when you are eating healthy foods and lots of vegetables.

Karen glad you are on op and doing well again. Allergies have been bad this year, I seem to be okay right now.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 09-17-2015, 08:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Thanks Pearlrose I actually believe I am consuming too few calories. This week I've been between 1100-1200 (no real exercise this week) I am concentrating on logging what in"normally" eat to see if I am consuming enough calories. I have my ride tomorrow so I need to pack my snacks wisely as not to run out of gas.

Karen hope your allergies aren't too terrible. I've been taking Zyrtec for a few years which really has made a huge difference for me.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:42 AM   #7  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

There has been quite a wasp problem here this year. We can't sit out and eat. We looked to see if we could find any nests but couldnt find any. Yesterday dh found out that next doo4 neighbour has a huge prblem. They are coming into his house. Doesn't know if there's a nest in his roof which was just recently resingled. I am grateful that they arent here. I would so freak out.

karen. I am with you about finding out about the red line. It has helped me tremendously.
Everyone else have a great day. Off to shop at the farmer's stand.
take care
Sophie
Old 09-17-2015, 11:12 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I'm thankful today for all I've been blessed with which includes all of you! I am headed off to the pool soon and I have some medical appointments to go to with a friend this afternoon. I've been working on some stuff at the house here trying to get a little more organized because it looks like I'm going to spend some extra time helping her out in the near future. I spent most of yesterday afternoon in appointments with her yesterday and have spent some quiet time both last night and this morning making sure that I can take care of me during this process. Since I have a healthy life plan in place I believe I'm capable. On that note I better get my smoothie made and make myself a food plan for the rest of today.

Take care everyone and have a great day!
Old 09-17-2015, 05:53 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey everyone, just have a minute to check in before I go back to school for open house. It's nice to get it out of the way fairly early in the year.

Sophie, one year we had a wasp nest in the attic over our garage. They actually bored a hole through the drywall in the ceiling and were bothering us inside. Not good.

Off I must go!
Closed Thread