South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 06:47 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Merry Monday September 14

Good Merry Monday Morning! We are still chilly here but it looks like we'll warm up by tomorrow. It certainly was a "refreshing" weekend with rain and cold but everything is well watered and the deck is well washed - another job off my To Do list.

Spent most of yesterday sorting out papers and my desk is now fairly clear of niggles. This morning I have a medical appointment but I plan to spend the afternoon continuing the purge. I guess this would qualify as fall house cleaning. Next will be the wardrobe switch.

My fridge is overflowing with yellow, orange and red tomatoes - only a few of them from my garden. I am planning to chop and freeze them with basil and garlic for winter cooking. They are all golf-ball size so there's no way I am going to peel them. Fiber is a good thing, right?

Looking forward to a fairly easy week with my brother David arriving on Friday for dinner and an overnight which will include a prime rib dinner. Dave's wife refuses to let him have red meat.

On we go with the week!
Old 09-14-2015, 06:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Mmmmm, red meat (sorry Linda if you're lurking!). You need your iron, right?! I can't believe you have a desk fairly clear. That's nearly an impossible feat here!

Well, my MRI came back normal (for post op anyways), which is what I expected. I have a couple things in the next couple of weeks that I'm more interested in what happens. We shall see. Gratefully, I'm on one of my low appetite swings, so that I'm not endlessly eating food, but I just have to keep hanging with you chicks!

Today is menu planning and grocery shopping, and a dr appointment as well. And, of course, a nap .
Old 09-14-2015, 07:02 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks.

Tammy, glad to hear your MRI was normal...or were you hoping for a concrete answer? It must be hard to not really know what's going on. Enjoy your nap!

Ruth, paper clutter is the bane of my existence. I thought the digital age was going to eliminate that??? BTW- take the Presecott bridge; it's closer.

The weekend was a good mix of chores and relaxation. Yesterday I wandered into a a department store looking for some new shoes for work and found 3 pairs that fit and were on sale!!! I really felt like I scored.

Got to fly! Merry Monday to the chicks to come!
Old 09-14-2015, 07:19 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Yesterday got everything done, soccer game, oil change, grocery shopping and cooked some on the go breakfasts for this week.

Today is in office day full of meetings but nothing on the agenda for this evening.

Ruth glad you got your desk cleared up

Tywnn well maybe no answers but glad the MRI came out normal for you, hope you get some answers soon

Beth don't you love scoring some good deals. I am trying to not go clothes shopping until I have lost some more weight so I will have that as a reward to reach.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-14-2015, 07:37 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

It's a usual morning just drinking coffee before work. We did sliced peaches and fill the dehydrator for the last time. Now we have about 10 peaches left that we can enjoy however we wish. Mornings are cooler these days but we still haven't had a freeze. It says it's not in the 10 day forecast, Either. It seems a definite change from the old days. It used to be that first week of September we could always expect a killing frost. It works for me. My flowers are still beautiful. I hate to see them go.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-14-2015, 08:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, chicks.

The time has come to rein in my eating with a short return to PH1. Too many cravings lately and I have been giving in to most of them! So today is a meal planning and shopping day. That's all I've got on my plate (no pun intended) so far since that's where my mind is at right now.

Sure wish my hayfever wasn't so bad this year. The weather has been nice hear and I'd love to get in a bike ride but don't want to suffer the worsened allergies for days after.

Have a great day.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:18 AM   #7  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

very quite weekend. Dh woke up on Friday morning feeling dizzy and off balance. With his heart history we went to er and after a few tests it was determined that it was vertigo. So happy and its gone away now. Planning to go for an outdoor walk this morning since its cooled down. No mall walking.
have a great day
take care
Sophie
Old 09-14-2015, 05:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Sophie glad DH is OK, that must have been frightening!

Karen I am P1ing it this week too. I over indulged this weekend and ate because I was tired not hungry which is not a good thing for me. Let's just say I was naughty and move on lol.

Debbie do you eat the peaches dehydrated or use them in smoothies?

Tammy I do hope you get answers soon Happy the MRI looks good from the surgery.

Hi Beth and Ruth

We had fun at the dinner. I won an alluminum picnic table at the auction. It folds up into one piece which is great. I hope Joe is serious about letting me help pick his next bed. I do not sleep at his house (his current one not the one he is building) So I was very tired in Sunday, but helped paint anyway. Got home in the evening, picked up my groceries and was under the covers before 9. Up and out for the 5:28 train to NYC. Had a yummy albeit expensive coffee. Actually waited for the local subway to Brooklyn as not to spill my coffee. The drill wasn't too bad, just long. Back home, quick trip again to the store (how do I forget the important things lol) Broke out the crockpot and have Creamy Mexican Chicken cooking. Made a small spaghetti squash and turkey sausage on the grill. My freezer is finally starting to get restocked again.

Well time to put Mick, my old guy, back in his bed. His back leg is acting up lately. Sometimes the bed slides away from him and he just lays on the floor when out of frustration. Not to mention Coconut is hogging it from him. lol

Enjoy your evening
Closed Thread