3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Fearsome Friday at the Beach Daily 8/15 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/30643-fearsome-friday-beach-daily-8-15-a.html)

LADY WINDSONG 08-15-2003 06:32 AM

Fearsome Friday at the Beach Daily 8/15

Numbers, cravings, hunger, moods, FEAR.

At times I think we worry way TOO much.

Numbers are just that...NUMBERS! We want them to be smaller, but if they aren't why can't we just be happy that we feel better, are making bettter choices and are thinking healthy?

Cravings come and go. So if this IS the case are we really craving something, or just thinking that they are cravings. When they hit, go get a drink of water and wait 10 minutes. If the craving is still there, then eat a healthy snack.

Aw, hunger. Have you felt hunger for the first time yet? An odd feeling, huh? We now know what it is to eat when hungry, not when we think we are hungry or should eat. It is however still a good idea to keep to eating at certain times of the day for our bodies sake. But, we don't have to have large meals.....just food for fuel.

Moods. They are tricky. If you find you are cranky re read your food journals. The answer may lie within those pages. But, I bet your moods are so much improved and that you find yourself smiling more these days.

FEAR....our worse enemy. We fear we will fail, slip, not keep it up. Throw out the fear with the bath water. YOU are in CONTROL and FEAR won't waltz in if we don't allow it to.

Tackle life head on, stand tall and keep to you convictions.

Cooler weather here is making for great sleeping weather....I actually slept in a half hour extra.

Shhhhhh, so far my "piss" ants have marched on.

Mom hurt her backside doing too much outdoor work. So I am making her stay put for a few more days. She finally has decided that she isn't as young as she feels, but I know her, she will be back out there next week trimming flowers and edging her lawn.

Our state fair starts tomorrow. With all this West Nile business I wonder how attendance will be.

I hope those of you that were in the dark have now come into the light.

Have a super day at the Beach.

Hugs,
Marcie :flame:

twodogmom 08-15-2003 07:02 AM

Good morning Beach Beauties!

I'm sorry I've been MIA for that past couple of days....sometimes life gets in the way of my computer time!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've got a lot of catching up to do, and as much as I'd like to, I can't respond to everyone individually right now.

Ellis, please know that your Dad is still in my prayers!

I saw my doctor this week (the one who told me to get off Atkins a few months ago), and she approves of my new Way of Life!! She said it sounds like a great plan, very healthy. She had put me on Lipitor about 3 1/2 months ago, because Atkins had raised my Total Cholesterol to 239 (should be under 200) and my LDL "bad" Cholesterol to 160 (should be under 100). :( Well, my total cholesterol is now 176, and my LDL is 96. :D I asked her if I could try to be off the Lipitor for a few months and see if I can maintain my healthy lipid numbers with my new WOE, and she said yes. I have to have my blood retested in a few months, and if the numbers have gone back up she'll put me back on Lipitor, but if they stay where they are (or even go down further), then I don't have to take Lipitor anymore! I'm hopeful that my new healthy way of life, combined with continued weight loss, will keep those numbers down! I'll let you know how it goes.

Have a beachy day everyone!!! And TGIF!! :D :) :D

ZuzeQ 08-15-2003 08:03 AM

Good Morning. TGIF

Yesterday went well. Down another lb. this morning. I can't believe how much I am losing.

It is supposed to go up to 32 today. I'm glad we have AC @ work.

Well on to day 5.

Have a good day all.:D

Whimsey 08-15-2003 08:34 AM

good morning ladies....Lets all give thanks that we are still on-line....and that those that arn't will be restored soon.

I don't officially weigh myself till Monday...but, I did this morning and have lost 6 lbs. this week. This is the first week I have managed to stay OP all week....HUGE for me!!

everyone have a great day!!

frannymae 08-15-2003 08:42 AM

Marcie, your post really struck a thread with me. I worry so much when I read about people obsessing over the scale or how many carbs they ate! I know we all need validation for our efforts, but we are all so much more than a number on a scale or a label on the back of a package! Obviously our goal is to lose weight, but aren't our actions and attitudes AT LEAST as important as what the scale says?

So many folks are paralyzed by fear. Fear of failure, fear of success...fear of change! I believe some of us don't think we deserve good things, so have a hard time going after the best for ourselves. And when do things come our way...we run away and hide! Okay, I'm done with my mini-rant!:o

Twodog-WOW...now those are some numbers I can sink my teeth into! That is a HUGE difference...good for you!

ZuzeQ- have a great day and stay COOL:sunny:

Whimsey-WTG on staying OP for an entire week...and for the rewards you so justly deserve! Whoo Hooo!!!

Sending good thoughts to all of you who may have been affected by the power outage! :goodvibes

jackieO 08-15-2003 09:42 AM

Good Friday Morning Everyone!!!!

Franny- I liked your post about being paralyzed by fear. I tell my clients this all the time ( I am a therapist), but sometimes it's nice to hear it myself. If only I could take my own suggestions. Well, if not, I'll take yours!!!!

Whimsey- Your determination about staying OP all week has paid off. 6 pounds...that is FANTASTIC!!!!!!

ZUZEQ- Day 5!!! CONGRATS!!!!!

TwoDOgMOm- I am so happy for your improved cholesterol!!!!! I have never done Atkins, but have been on SugarBusters the past 2.5 years and my cholesterol and triglycerides are fabulous, thanks to no junky carbs and SUGAR!!!! I am glad your health is improving and you are able to get off the Lipitor. Buy yourself something special with all that money you will be saving from the Lipitor!!!

Marcie- Thanks for starting such a great, motivational thread every morning!!!!!

As for me, not much going on here. Lots of people out of the clinic today, so I am sure I will be swamped. I will try to check in later. I am on the first week of Phase 2 and feel great. I have plenty of energy and have been able to pick up the pace on my workouts. My question today is, Have any of you used any of the Atkins products on Phase 2? If so, how are they?

Ruthxxx 08-15-2003 10:08 AM

Sneaking in between blackouts to let you know I finally made it home by way of Montreal, a bus to Ottawa and some fancy talking to get rationed gas for my car. I drove a lady to Smiths Falls which was on my way and got home at 4 AM to a blacked out house and a very happy black dog who lit up the house with her joy. We will probably lose power again so I may not be around much until they get this fixed.

Welcome to all the new folks. I have lots to read but it looks like everybody behaved themselves. On the other hand, maybe you all edited your posts.

We are not even going to mention the scale around here until Monday morning when I face the music. I did walk every day for 7000 to 10000 steps so it may not be too bad. Once the power is permanently restored, I'll be right back on SBD Phase I to ensure I stay in ONEderland.

Have to go and take my bath before the power goes off and takes the water with it! The joys of country living!

Whimsey 08-15-2003 11:19 AM

Thought about you Ruth...when the lights went out....glad you are home and safe...even if you are in the dark....:sunny:

Nikkiloo 08-15-2003 01:00 PM

Hi everyone!!

Lady Marcie, thanks once again for your words of wisdom...

Twodog, great #s and congratulations ... maybe no more meds!!!

ZuzeQ, way to go, one less pound ...

Whimsey, 6 pounds IS huge ... keep up the good work!!!

Ruth, glad everything is okay and you're in good spirits in spite of the darkness ...

Have a great day at the beach ladies !!!

glinda 08-15-2003 08:51 PM

Happy friday all. Hope that you are all in the light.Ruth glad that you got home safely. Marci you certianly gave me something to think about. We have had a good 2 days. We visited friends who made us a special anniversary dinner. Stayed on program and it was wonderfull. I also think we may have converted them to the beach. They are both diabetics and we discussed that it might be better for them to start with phase 2 because they won't have the radical drop in blood sugar. What do you think??? Julie