South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 09:12 PM   #16  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good evening

jen. He was so friendly that I'm sure he someones pet.i hope someone claims him.

Linda thanks for sharing your story. Even though we had him for a short time I miss him.

tonight we had fresh tilapia from a seafood place it was just delicious. I made chimruchi sauce from a recipe on food.com. its a very popular sauce in south america amd is suitable for south beach. Main ingredients is parsley. Family loved both.
take care
Sophie

l

Last edited by sophie; 09-06-2015 at 09:13 PM.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:21 AM   #17  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

It's my early morning at work and it will be quite busy so I got up to take care of some things before I leave. My sister made the trip late last week and got us beautiful organic peaches number two. They were a dollar a pound. I bought 40 pounds and I've sorted them this morning some are riper than others. We will pull out the dehydrator when I get home from work and start processing. I think they're going to ripen fast now.

Have a great day everyone! It is a holiday!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 09-07-2015 at 06:23 AM.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:25 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Labor Day! I hope most everyone has the day off and isn't "laboring" today. I just printed out a $10 off coupon from Kohl's, and I may labor through the clearance racks to see what's left, but that's about all I have planned.

Now I'm wondering why I woke up so early on a day I could sleep in! Go figure.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:27 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Debbie!! Mmmmm, do I smell peach smoothies?
Old 09-07-2015, 06:42 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Mmmmm, I can almost smell the peaches here! A peach smoothie is one of my favorites! We won't talk about things like peach pie, or peach cobbler....

We got back last night from seeing my friend in Erie, we had a nice time, although way too short. Today is recuperating day, so the rest of my family is going to a youth group family party while I get to stay at home at vegetate . I do need to plan out the week's meals and go grocery shopping though.

Time to start the coffee!
Old 09-07-2015, 07:07 AM   #21  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! Lots of early-chicks in here this morning.

Sure wish we had really fresh peaches around here but they don't grow locally and by the time they are trucked up here from southern Ontario they are not as good as fresh-picked. One summer I bought a bushel of them at the Waterloo farmer's market and they were great.

We had a surprisingly busy day at the Mill so both Anna and I were kept awake. Anna was in the mood to do tours - she gets insufferably "perky" - so I was in the office most of the day selling flour and finishing quilt #2. I'll put the binding on the last one shortly and take it in for my stint today. This has been a really lousy way to spend the last long-weekend of the summer although it is great to be meeting lots of new people - a group from Switzerland yesterday.

Another hot and humid day ahead but there still are signs of fall. My tall fall asters (magenta!) are starting to bloom and the birds are doing practice flights. The cherry tomatoes are threatening to take over the kitchen and I have eggplant nearly ready to pick. I do love the changing seasons - even winter on a sparkly cold day!

Enjoy your Labour/Labor Day by having fun and work only if you want to or have to!
Old 09-07-2015, 07:40 AM   #22  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Yesterday DH and I got in a bike ride and my hayfever kicked in full force. So this morning I'll be heading out to buy an over-the-counter med in hopes of some relief. I work this afternoon; the store has shorter hours for the holiday.

Tomorrow I host book club so need to clean house and do all the food, etc, between now and then.

Anyone have a favorite combo for infused water? I think I might try that for tomorrow.

Raining here. That might help with the pollen for a bit. Have a great day.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:45 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

For once I am off on a holiday and have no plans. Linda I enjoy a good cook out, but hate the mess it leaves behind too. My internal clock seems to wake me by 7 even when I don't need to be up. Although I was in bed at 9:15 and slept the night.

I am taking DS to look at a car this morning, then a quick bike ride and off to Joe's. He will be busy working on the house. His DS will be in school so I may try to straighten up for him (I probably should work on things here).

Debbie I like to add fresh peaches to plain NF Greek yogurt and add Kind cinnamon granola. My decadent treat lol. I love peaches.

Happy Labor Day.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:46 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Karen, cucumbers is great to add to water. I've also had it with strawberries and once with Granny Smith apples at a hotel.
Old 09-07-2015, 08:07 AM   #25  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks! We are in for another scorcher today but the it looks like the temperature will moderate for the week's end.

Yesterday DH and I went down to the 1,000 Islands for a boat tour. A colleague had told me about a new place that gives tours in a pontoon style boat that has a glass bottom. It was pretty neat as we went over a couple shipwrecks and remnants of docks and such from hotels built in the early 1900s. For you chicks familiar with the area, we departed from Clayton and also got to go to Rock Island to visit a newly restored 100 year old lighthouse. It was a perfect thing to do on such a beautiful day.

Today I may try to take a walk before it gets too hot and then mostly relax. We spent all day cleaning on Saturday so I am in good shape there.

Jennifer, Cottage
and Tammy, enjoy your "me time".
Ruth, sounds like you fit all types of stereotypes hand quilting in the mill!
Debbie, hope work goes smoothly and the tips are good!
To all the chicks to come, have a great Monday!.

Off to find some breakfast.
Old 09-07-2015, 08:52 PM   #26  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I had company all weekend, so barely made it online. Tomorrow it's back to work. That will be extra fun with the lovely cough the little darlings shared with me. Oh well, 4 day week then a camping trip. I can make it!

Now to catch-up on the thread
Closed Thread