South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 06:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Friday's Here!!! SBD Chat for 9/4

I got the coffee started! Who's ready?
Old 09-04-2015, 06:54 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm ready for a second cup, Linda, thanks very much!

Another hot September day is cranking up outside and the long weekend looks the same. Summer is certainly having a last kick at the can with above normal temperatures right through to Tuesday when rain is predicted for the first day of school.

Not sure what's on the schedule for today but I am going to strive for a balance between desk stuff and garden tasks and try to avoid the Mill. Tomorrow is a bread pick-up and milling day so I'll be there a lot. I may actually spend some time sitting on the porch with some sewing and my poor neglected dogs.

Yes, wonderful Friday is here!
Old 09-04-2015, 06:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

OK, I drank the first pot.

It looks like it's about ready to storm here, but rain isn't in the forecast. I have to run over to the store to pick up a nice variety of fruit for a fruit salad I'm making for tomorrow's picnic, and a potatoes & eggs for a salad I'm making for Sunday's cookout. Other than that, just a typical Friday of cleaning, & laundry before spending the afternoon with my dad.

Cyndi, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck with the dermatologist so you can put this behind you.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning chicks last few days were crazy hours yet again. So much for 8 hour days. Yesterday was out of the house at 7:15 and home at 11 ugh. Stayed up chatting with DS. Thanks to Facebook he learned his dad got remarried last Friday!!! He called his dad to congratulate him and say he would have liked to been there (pretty mature of DS IMHO) My ex tells DS he was going to ask hi to be his best man but every time he was going to ask DS said or did something to change his mind so my ex said the heck with it. Absolutely unbelievable!!!

Cyndi hope everything goes well with the dermatologist and the new job. I missed what you will be doing.

Tammy hugs about your kitty. Hope the new meds give you some relief

Beth hope your students are great this year

Linda glad the grands and surrogates are enjoying school

Debbie did the dr schedule surgery for Kirk? Is it his rotator cuff?

Ruth I would love to have a barn

Pearlrose glad you are on track. Did your team win last year?

Karen hope the opening goes smoothly

Welcome foxyroxy you found a great group here. Kudos to you working out in this heat!!!

Had a nice night at work. Got to hang out with one of my Trooper friends who is working at Penn this week. She is a sergeant in Syracuse and is here until Monday. We had our "official" pictures for work done yesterday. The photographer said he would email them to use. Keep your fingers crossed I didn't break his camera lol.

Hope everyone has an amazing day
Old 09-04-2015, 08:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Cyndi - I missed the skin cancer thing. What's going on? I've had 4: 3 basal cells and 1 melanoma.

Ruth - Sitting on the porch sounds wonderful. I have porch envy!

Linda - Enjoy your long weekend.

Jennifer - Such a long day.

I'm working out with my mom this morning. Then back at the store today for 7 hours. These are much longer shifts than I'm used to and my body is reminding me that standing on my issue-ridden feet and hips for that long is not something I want to do long-term! I did bring my healthy dinner last night and have more of the same for tonight.

Have a great day, all.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:06 AM   #6  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

long time no be here

Ruth. Hope you get to sit on the porch today

Linda Do something fun today. Your picnice preparations are yummy.

Jennifer. What a long day for you. Ds is lucky to have you.

Karen. Hope you like your new job that is a lot of standing around.

Cyndi. I think your job is called teacher's aid here. Is it in a high school. It will be nice to get things over with the drs.

I have been very busy putting my pressure canner to use. Dh enjoys helping me too and there's nothing like having an engineer figure out all the mechanism of it. Celebrated my dear grandson's 8 birthday here and also had tests down for the uti I had earlier and everything is fine. Now thinking of going to quebec city for a holiday.
take care
Sophie
Old 09-04-2015, 01:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 243/235/175

Height: 5'7

Hello All
Had to get started with my morning right away so I'm just getting to post now. Did my workout and had soup for breakfast. Yes, I can have soup all year long. It's filling, there's so many varieties, etc. Plus cultures like mine ( I'm Jamaican) have a day of the week -Saturday- dedicated to eating soup. So, now I'm relaxing and thinking about making a veggie lasagna for dinner. Again another dish that can be done a million ways. Those of you having to work long days or nights may like this one as a freezer meal. I can't wait to get to do the potatoe salad. Enjoy! Good with the new teaching year as well ))
Cheers, FR
Old 09-04-2015, 01:19 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon,

Crazy busy morning so didn't have time to stop on in. We picked up the rental car so we will probably be pulling out at 4 p.m.for the drive. Looking forward to seeing MIL (I have been blessed with a wonderful MIL and we are very close)

Ruth it's supposed to be a scorcher weekend, good weekend to stay inside

Cottage your fruit salad sounds yummy, another week and I will start incorporating fruit again into my eating plan

Jekel those sound like some long hours at work...that wasn't very nice of your ex.....this is the first year my work has put on this competition, there are 250 teams signed up for it.

Karen hopefully you will be able to get some shorter shifts in your schedule

Sophie glad you are getting to use your pressure canner

Cyndi hope you are able to get everything fixed with your skin

Welcome to Foxyroxy

Have a wonderful afternoon everyone!
Old 09-04-2015, 06:24 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey chicks! Didn't get to post this morning: had a small meltdown when I went to dry my hair and my blowdryer wouldn't turn on!! Scrounged around in the 2nd bathroom and found a travel size one that I could make do. With the humidity I would have been quite a fright without some straightening!

So I did my workout inside this afternoon and now I am relaxing. I am making fish for dinner and celebrating the long weekend with a Skinny Girl margarita. Luckily I only have 1 bottle so I can't overdo it.

Happy Friday, chicks!
Closed Thread