South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 07:12 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Wonderful Weekend - August 29 & 30

...and we are heading into a week of good weather!

I'm off to pick up bread shortly and then will open up the Mill. It's the last grinding day with all the staff and will be rather sad. Next week we are open through to Labour Day but everyone except Allisa will be off to Uni. Allisa took all her stuff to Uni yesterday - a long trip from here to University of Nipissing in North Bay, a ten hour round trip!

After closing at 5 today, the staff decided we should have a pot-luck last weekend dinner - just the four of them plus Anna and I. I'm doing my popular sausage and pepper casserole and Anna is baking something which I'll avoid! It looks like an early dinner and early bed tonight. I'm feeling "partied out" and do have another event late tomorrow afternoon.

Raising my mug to a great weekend for us all - "make it so".
Old 08-29-2015, 07:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning

Ruth thanks for starting us off so cheerfully. A pot luck supper sounds nice. I could use an early night for bed myself. Tossed and turned all night. Will blame it on the coffee at 7 pm.

Today maybe a nap day again before work. Plus ordering my groceries online. Tomorrow I will be busy getting my usual stuff done to get ready for another week of work. I am looking forward to the Rascal Flatts concert Sunday night.

Linda thank you for the peach info!

Ruth let's have more coffee!
Old 08-29-2015, 07:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I'm back at the new store today. Yesterday started our set-up. It was crazy - there were still guys there painting and doing trim and setting up electronics. Today we work on unpacking the clothes and getting them put out. Tomorrow is our last work day before we open on Monday.

Tomorrow is also my wedding anniversary. Not sure when we'll squeeze in time to celebrate this year between my new job and DH's mom. Oh well.

Have a great weekend.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:52 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning Ruth and chicks to come!
I am back from my week of running around: a 2 day visit to DS1 and an overnight shopping trip with my sister. (Destiny in Syracuse). Now I officially have 3 days left as the teachers report to school on Sept 1, although I will probably go in on Monday as well.
Not sure what is on the agenda today, maybe niggles and relaxing.
Ruth, enjoy your day even if it is bittersweet.
Have a good day chicks!
Old 08-29-2015, 08:15 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

After a crazy day yesterday I am committed to healthy eating, staying home and getting some things accomplished in my yard. I've already turned off the sprinklers so that I can mow later and I folded laundry and picked up in my bedroom so I can relax in Comfort later. I guess the Shriners are invading town today. There was a welcome sign on our restaurant and my mom called me later to tell me that all of downtown was going to be closed off for a parade. Since I seem to recall that they're the ones with the funny hats and motorcycles I might get on my bike later and go down and see what's happening. LOL. First, more coffee, my reliable start to a good day!

Have a great start to the weekend everyone! Thanks for getting us started this morning, Ruth!
Old 08-29-2015, 08:35 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning to Jennifer and Karen; looks like a few of us were typing simultaneously! I was afraid my first post was going to get lost since I was typing on my Kindle and the battery was about to die.

Jennifer, I had to come back to tell you that today I relived your weigh-in experience of yesterday. I thought I was eating pretty well this week, and tried really hard to make smart choices when I dined out while traveling (with exception of 1 dessert) but Thursday morning my weight was up a pound. Yesterday I was shopping and ate lunch out, including frozen yogurt. Today I was down 2 pounds!! What's up with that?!?

Debbie, the Shriners are the group with the hats and bikes. Enjoy your day!
Old 08-29-2015, 09:52 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I slept in this morning and could have kept going but thought I better not sleep too late and throw off my sleep cycle

Yesterday's first day went really other than visiting the rr because of all the water weight. So nice not to have swollen ankles at night. Onward we go

Today I need to finish cleaning that I did not get to yesterday and then have to do a grocery run to stock up on vegetables and meats. I already had a good stock of nuts and beans.

I woke up to DD1 and DD2 and friend had made cakes and brownies last night. Interesting to me is I am not interested and it's only day 2 into program.

Ruth sounds like today will be a fun yet sad day.

Beth glad you got a visit in with DS and fun shopping trip with friend. August has flown by

Jekel I try not to have any caffeine after lunch if I can, it keeps me up at night.

Debbie the Shriner's are crazy fast on their little motorcycles. They are in a lot of the parades that are put on in St. Louis. They did open a beautiful new facility just a across the street from where I work.

Have a wonderful Saturday and enjoy the beautiful weather most of us are having.

Last edited by Pearlrose; 08-29-2015 at 09:52 AM.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:55 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Second coffee going down the hatch. A lovely drive to pick up bread today which was barely out of the oven. Margo's two big friendly dogs were each chomping on a loaf on the lawn. ???? Margo confessed she made a batch of round loaves last night and found it hard to knead. She realized she was tired last night and forgot to put in the yeast! She had to redo the batch and the dogs lucked out.
Old 08-29-2015, 11:41 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 2"

Ruth Your description of Margo's dogs and the bread was fun to read.

Debbie The Shriner's must have lots of fun. My Uncle Chet was one and altho he lived in Michigan, he would travel far and wide just to be part of their parades. Never had kids and didn't know what to say to me when he visited his youngest sister, my mom.

Karen HAPPY ALMOST ANNIVERSARY!!!

Bit of gardening this morning after DH's heavy pruning of the shrub that separates us from our neighbor's swimming pool. We kept letting it grow and then mowing became a nightmare. Also, my flowers were being shaded way too much. Not a landscaper's idea of pretty, but it suits our purpose. THe widest branches close to the fence were left for our neighbor to trim if he chooses.

Second pot of coffee almost finished by we three. I agree with Jennifer there must be a time of day when I choose NO coffee.

Enjoy the weekend. Sandy
Old 08-29-2015, 01:14 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Sandy, have fun gardening today! I don't know where you live on the East Coast, but the weather here is just perfect for being outdoors!

Pearlrose, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your team in the weight loss challenge at work! Kudos to you for not being tempted by the baked goodies! (I just took 2 peach pies out of the oven. )

Beth, did you have a good shopping trip with your sister? As always, it seems the summer just slips away. Two of my grandkids go to a charter school which started back on the 19th, but most kids around here start back to school on Monday. I hope you have a good year with a great bunch of students!

Jennifer, hope you can find time for a nap today! I would enjoy seeing Rascal Flats, too!

Debbie, I hope you make it to town in time to see the Shriners!

Karen, I hope you and DH get to do something special for your anniversary tomorrow.

Ruth, Is this the same Margo who lives in Ottawa? That's a funny story about the dogs. I hope they enjoyed it! (That reminds me of that loaf of bread we bought in Cape Breton at the fort, LOL!)

I had scheduled an early morning doctor appointment today and had to fast beforehand, so I was anxious to get out the door and get it over with so I could have my coffee this morning! Oh my, did that first sip of coffee ever taste good!
I got home and finished processing peaches and made two pies, and there's only 1 fresh peach left for eating out of hand, out of the peck I bought. I guess I'll have to get more next week, they're so tasty this year!
I plan to relax and take it easy the rest of the day until it's time to meet my SIL for Mass this evening.
Old 08-29-2015, 04:49 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

Linda, this Margo is the lady who bakes bread for us. She lives just down the road (near the Forfar Ice Ceam Place and is a lot like the other Margo - down to earth and a hard worker who knows rural life.

Just waiting for the yummy smelling sausage casserole to be ready and then I'm off to close the Mill and party with the staff. We do have to work full staff tomorrow but next week will be just Alyssa and whomever I can coerce into covering. We still have lots of visitors and need to be open until Labour Day. It'll either be a hard week or an easy one. I'm ready for either!

Can you smell the garlic, onions. peppers and mushrooms as the sausages cook? I must post the recipe. I guess it would work with chicken sausages or even tofu!
Old 08-30-2015, 07:31 AM   #12  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

DH and I will finally be able to ride bikes this morning. With our friend, of course, who is constantly asking. Then I'll rush through getting ready to work. I'm there 12-6 setting up the store again. If I'm not too worn out, we'll go out to eat an anniversary dinner When I left the new store last night it was hard to believe it will be ready to open tomorrow.

Have a great day.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:49 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Happy Anniversary, Karen! I'm glad you and DH get to spend some time together today.

I'm off for grocery shopping right after breakfast, and then I'd like to go to BB&B to look for some pasta/soup bowls. Since we have nothing pressing today, we may drive to the store in Delaware to shop tax free there, and stop by Trader Joe's in the same shopping center. I think the guys are wanting something on the grill for dinner this evening, and I'm thinking of marinating some tofu slices in a spicy BBQ sauce to grill for myself.

Enjoy this beautiful last Sunday in August!
Old 08-30-2015, 07:51 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Karen, happy anniversary! I'm so glad that you and DH get to go out and ride bikes before you go to work! Hopefully it will work out and you get to enjoy a nice dinner out, too!

Linda, enjoy your Sunday shopping. BB&B is still one of my favorite stores! I hope you find the bowls you're looking for.

I thought I was being really smart last night and set my coffee maker to start automatically this morning. Well I forgot to check the being hopper and it was empty so I got a pot of hot water. Had to wait for my coffee anyway. LOL i'm off to work soon. I excitedly remembered that I don't have to work the back room today then remembered that it means I have to close and vacuum. Oh well it should still be a lot easier and I will make more money. Yay! The pups and I are already to go just sitting out on the porch enjoying the morning and I'm having a little more coffee.

Happy Sunday everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-30-2015 at 07:52 AM.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:08 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning everyone

Happy Anniversary Karen and good luck with the new job.

Ruth I loved your story about the dogs too. They all seem to love bread.

Linda I coukd walk to BB&B. I too love that store, especially since they except their expired coupons and more than one at a time Whoo hoo!

Debbie did you make it to the parade yesterday? I've had hot water waiting for me when I used an automatic brewer.

I finally slep like a rock last night. Woke my usual time without an alarm. Laundry is going soon I will be to pick up my groceries. I want to make a big pot of chili and eggplant lasagna before heading out the door for the concert. I really snapped at Joe yesterday while driving in midtown traffic. We are meeting midway to go to the show. I picked a spot with lots of restaurants and a mall to leave one of our cars. It was a silly argument about directions and logistics. Typical man always thinks his route is the best route....lol I did get an apology last night.

Looks like another beautiful day, thankful since the concert is outdoors!

Happy Sunday!
Closed Thread