South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 06:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thankful Thursday SBD Chat, 8/27

I'm thankful for my first cup of morning coffee and the camaraderie of all us here on The Beach, supporting each other.

I'm also thankful that it's my "Friday", and my 3-day weekends!

Take a moment on this Thankful Thursday to count your blessings.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:10 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thank-you, Linda. I needed that after a nearly sleepless night. The coffee is great also. I have blessings to count and you are one of them.

Ended up really enjoying my self-invited guests yesterday afternoon. Heather's parents, Claire and Doug, came along and the seven of us had a lot of laughs and a moderate amount of wine. The dogs were super well behaved and got lots of lap sitting and petting.

Aside from putting out the garbage, I have a quiet morning ahead and just might sneak in a nap. Sierra comes to clean at noon (awkward time!) but all the tidying happened yesterday in that wee window between Pet Therapy and guests arriving. We'll see if that plan comes to fruition. I'm hoping it does as I have a long Fair Board meeting tonight - a post-mortem as William insists on calling it.

Sipping my coffee and raising my mug in a toast to Thankful Thursday. (I do love that title!)
Old 08-27-2015, 07:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning I am thankful for coffee and chicks I am thankful for my blessings and my problems because I know how much worse they could be.

Ruth sounds like you had a little too much fun last night. Definitely get a nap in today.

Linda enjoy your Friday. Oh how I miss my 3 and 4 day weekends

Nothing new here. Going in early at my supervisor's request. He will be in meetings most of the day for the Pope's visit. Believe me I am not killing myself to get there lol

Always time for coffee before facing the day
Old 08-27-2015, 08:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! I am also thankful for all of you . I am very thankful my husband stepped up instead of down with my condition, because this easily could have gone bad. I am blessed .

Today will be busy getting ready for camping. I need to cut up watermelon and make black bean salad, and pack up the food. I honestly shouldn't be doing so much arm work, but....well, I'll have my kids do what they can. DD likes to help, but she's not good with a chef's knife yet!

Another beautiful day here! I hope it's like this all weekend. For those interested, we're going to Little Pine State Park. Gorgeous. Beautiful. Can't wait!!
Old 08-27-2015, 08:48 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Linda, thanks for getting us started this morning! I think nothing taste better than that 1st cup of coffee! Happy Friday!

Ruth, glad your day turned out to be so much fun! It's so neat when things just come together! Sorry for the sleepless night I hope you find time for a nap today!

Jennifer, the pope is coming. Oh my. That's all I have to say about that. Hope your day is not too stressful!

Tammy, how exciting to be prepping for a camping trip! So happy, too, that your DH has stepped up to the plate! Together you can make it through. Hugs!

My day turned out pretty good yesterday except for the food. LOL. My friend from Glenwood who is living in Denver due to the medical situation wanted a meet up yesterday. She was in the general vicinity of where my mom's appointment was but I texted her in the morning and just said I thought the timing wasn't going to work out because I had the dogs with me. It ended up she couldn't do her dental stuff and so she was ready to go do something and I picked her up 10 minutes from my moms appointment. We went to the big green house and found a nice guy who helped me get things to make my own drip system. I think I can even do it. When I talked about growing tomatoes and cucumbers he stopped and he said he really needed to tell me that no miracle was going to grow tomatoes this time of year. LOL. I informed him I was just getting things set up for next season. We went picked up my mom and then went to our favorite pizza restaurant which is closing Friday. So sad. It's an organic place with the best best salads and they have worked with the homeless coalition in Denver to hire people who had a real desire to get back into the workforce. I did talk to our nice waitress and she said that the homeless coalition was working with the employees to find them new jobs and that she'd already had an interview. We left with a big hug and a nice tip. It was super hot but I found a parking place in the shade where I could keep the car running with the air conditioner on. It was cooler in the car then it was in the restaurant and the dogs did fine.
I got 10 hours of sleep which was just great and now I am procrastinating because I really need to get the carpet cleaner out. If I say that's my only chore of the day maybe I will get it done. It's really a necessity because we've had a few accidents lately. Oh well.

I'm thankful for all of you and I'm thankful for my little rescue doggies. Thankful for all the birds and flowers in my yard and that I take time to go out and be a part of it all.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-27-2015 at 08:49 AM.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:08 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I am thankful for all of you being in my life.

I am really retaining water today, ugh, am very thankful that a team weight loss challenge is starting tomorrow at work so I can stick to healthy eating plan. We have a team already of 5 ready to go, I start Phase 1 tomorrow.

Cottage enjoy your weekend

Ruth glad you had fun last night

Jekel sounds like you all will be hopping at work today

Twynn enjoy your camping trip

Debbie glad you had nice visit yesterday.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-27-2015, 09:43 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Pearlrose, I was thinking of phase 1+ fruit starting today. Glad you have a challenge at work. Is there a prize? Are you going to do a full two weeks P1? I am thinking about it. No cravings but water weight and a few extra pounds for sure. Hope your day is smooth.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:59 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Debbie, there is a 10 K prize for first place team to split. I am going to do the full two weeks of P1 to really get back on track.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:18 PM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, chicks.

I am thankful for the gal who does my hair! She's moving to Florida so will be retiring in a few months. I got my hair colored this morning and will have her load me up with dye to do it myself when she is gone.

This afternoon I will wait around for a city inspector to check our water heater installation, then run errands. I am gearing up for many shifts and hours at the new job in the coming weeks.

Have a great day.
Old 08-27-2015, 02:33 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon. I'm thankful we had a nice visit with DS1 and for the fact he might actually graduate this year and start supporting himself.

I'm also thankful that tonight I am meeting up with my sister for a girls' shopping trip tomorrow. We try to get together at least once every summer. I think she may need the distraction since her only child just left for his freshman year of college.

The air has the feeling of fall today: low humidity and barely 70*. I'm going to ignore the coming *&%$# and focus on the beautiful leaves that will soon make an appearance.

Happy Thursday!
Closed Thread