South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 06:27 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Thankful Thursday Beach Chat, August

Good morning!

I'm thankful for my food plan today and for all of you to come here every day!

Darn! It was a day I could sleep in and it just didn't happen. Oh well. It's 45° out which is warmer than yesterday. Still feels a tad chilly to me. I did my 12 minute clean the kitchen and get the laundry moving while coffee was making. Now I can enjoy my coffee and decide what's next. My greenhouse is finished but unfortunately my OCD kicked in yesterday and I decided I had to dig all the grass out of the inside before I put the weed cloth and gravel down. I'm halfway through so that will be my morning job. The gravel is sitting there in buckets getting filled with rainwater so I'd like to complete this phase of the journey. I plan to just push through today. No other have to's on my list although I will probably take the big boxes to recycle and get them off my front porch.

What's on your agenda? Stop and say hi!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-20-2015 at 06:34 AM.
Old 08-20-2015, 06:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

I'm thankful for all of you and your support as I follow this eating plan, too. And I'm thankful for my coffee each morning!
Old 08-20-2015, 06:39 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

And I am thankful for the rumour that we are nearly out of this oven!

The dental appointment yesterday was just fine. I don't know why I fret! The whole thing took just over an hour and the charming Egyptian dentist was both handsome and gentle. The freezing was gone in time for dinner and no aftereffects this morning! I hope today's skin session goes as well.

The dogs are really feeling the heat despite the ac in the house. They usually love to be outside but are in and out pretty darn quickly these days. They are ignoring their kibble and holding out for special food like hard boiled eggs. Spoiled brats!

It's trash day so I'd better venture out and lug it to the road. On my shopping list is a wheeled garbage can. I don't know why I didn't get one years ago! I plan to go to town tomorrow for an unexciting shop.

Enjoy your day whatever it brings!
Old 08-20-2015, 07:00 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Linda, I'm thankful for for coffee, too! Lol

Ruth, I'm glad your dental appointment went well! When I'm thinking about the dentist I always remember the old days and things have really improved! I'm always so happy to be finished, though! I have two rolling trashcan's and two old metal ones. The rolling ones are sure handy!

I've decided to make an early trip to town. Costco opens at 10 and I have puppy medication to pick up. I decided to bury a piece of PVC pipe and stick A hose through it into the greenhouse. I need to do that before I finish. I went and looked in my basement and sadly can't find anything that would work. At least I can cross the medication off the list.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Debbie - I'm OCD too (not bad, really), but I would have to do the same thing! My 10 yo DD is taking after her mom, already. What are you going to put in the greenhouse?

Ruth - glad the dentist visit went well! I bet the pups are delighted to have the a/c in the house.

Cottage - TGFC. (Thank goodness for coffee!) Is today the last day of your week?

I am thankful for...what I do have in face of what I don't. I think God was looking out for me, because I adore this house, and a more expensive one would've busted us; that my job change (between income and insurance and retention) is the best thing that ever happened to me. And the list goes on and on....

My family is going to NC without me today, I find I don't travel well and am opting to stay home. DH may leave DS with me because he was evil last night , but quite honestly - that's WAY more punishment for me than anyone else! Otherwise I just have PT and no other plans.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:25 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I am thankful for everyone here. I am about ready to leave for work have all day meeting again today.

Hope everyone is doing well.

DD2 first soccer game is this evening, the weather is beautiful only going to be 81 with low humidity, look up east coast gals it should be coming your way soon
Old 08-20-2015, 07:40 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning. I am thankful for my morning coffee and my loving DH who makes it and delivers it to me while I check in here! Also my job,my house with space to garden and my family. (I think Thankful Thursday is a good habit; I don't stop and appreciate all I have often enough)

Ruth, glad the dentist visit went well
Debbie, sounds like your greenhouse project is going well. Maybe you can finish today!
Tammy, I hope the rest and PT is helping. Sounds like a smart move to stay home. Too funny the DH threatened to leave DS home!
Pearlrose, enjoy your day!

I think I will wash and wax the car this morning; I have to go to school for a meeting this afternoon. Every day I am trying to check off a niggle which I've been ignoring.

Have a great day, chicks!
Old 08-20-2015, 07:42 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning...Tammy hope your son behaves and goes on the trip. Yes it is more punishment for you lol. Boys can be quite challenging at times.

Debbie the PVC / hose idea is great! I too would have removed the grass. Have fun at Costco.

Ruth glad the dentist went well. Puos get spoiled easily and the. constantly expect it. When Coconut was sick he would t get out of the bed to eat. So I would bring him a special plate. After he was better he expected this to continue! Broke him of that habit quickly lol

Linda I too am thankful for coffee and all the chicks here.

Love2garden I am in shock about my hair. I don't think it has been this short in over 10 years! My hair is very coarse it feels like wearing a wool blanket on top of your head. Also it is very curly. I've chemically straightened. my hair for years and really want to grow the straightener out. As long as I can put my hair up in a bun for work I'm happy (ponytails are not allowed)

Another fulfilled day at work today. Applications are out for detectives. Some are much better than others. It is very challenging to find something to write about each officer. Also, grammatical errors drive me crazy! However I leave them because part of the assignment calls for attention to details. This is only one step of the process.

Time for a refill, anyone else ready?
Old 08-20-2015, 07:44 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Morning Pearlrose and Beth you snuck in on me.

Pearlrose hope you didn't have any alarm issues today

Beth I agree, it is a nice way to be reminded of all the good in our lives
Old 08-20-2015, 08:35 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 2"

Jennifer I'll trade you my super fine and supper straight hair for your delightful sounding curls and body! Want to trade for the year?

Tammy Sure hope you get the time alone to do whatever you can and want to do. Sometimes the time at home alone is such a freedom and a gift. Much as we love our families . . .

Debbie Agree that removing that grass will be appreciated in your greenhouse before the final "floor" is laid. We've tried both ways when we decided to simply mulch some areas, but removing the vegetation, then the landscape cloth, then the mulch for our areas was the most satisfying.

Ruth Glad to hear that your fears of the dental procedures were not fulfilled. I have a broken tooth that will finally be pulled in 10 days, and implant put in. Dreading it but it is that implant or a bridge, and I hear nothing but bad news from those who go with a bridge. No dental insurance for us, either.

Debating about going for a walk with rain threatening or staying in garden to clean up the weeds. Wise to stay closer to home and that Mail Box Garden is starting to be shameful.

Sandy
Old 08-20-2015, 08:44 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oh, thank goodness daddy took him with him!! DS is in a *really* bad mood because he had his electronics taken away for the trip. Now, that's more punishment for poor ole dad...
Old 08-20-2015, 08:54 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

I am impatient and want to get this project finished so I just jumped in the car and went to the Home Depot which is 15 minutes away. Got my piece that I needed and I am ready to go. Just enjoying that last cup of coffee.

Sandy, staying close to home sounds like a good idea! Those weeds just keep coming don't they. I've just started experimenting with weed cloth and mulches this year. I'm interested to see how long my areas last before the weed start coming through again. I'm going to put gravel in the greenhouse so I don't want to have to take it up again for a long time.

Tammy, I hope DS goes on the trip for your sake. LOL. I'm hoping to grow cucumbers and tomatoes in my greenhouse next year and also get an early start on my sweet peas. I might try some cool craps after I get everything finished this year. We'll see how that goes.

Jennifer, funny story about your pup! They sure have their way with food. Sometimes I have to lock the dogs out while I eat dinner because I feel so guilty not giving them food.

Pearlrose, your weather sounds cooperative. Enjoy the soccer game tonight!

Beth, I wish someone would wash and wax my car. Oh well. Enjoy your day!

OK it's time to get digging.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-20-2015 at 08:54 AM.
Old 08-20-2015, 11:23 AM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, chicks.

I'm heading to MIL's house this afternoon to meet up with DH as he prepares for her hospital release tomorrow. He wants help with things like stocking up on supplies. A family member will have to stay with her 24/7 beginning tomorrow and won't be able to leave to run to the store for anything. He's getting some help from siblings but will be spending many days and nights at his mom's now.

I'm thankful to have a day off work. Will be back at it tomorrow and Saturday. I'll be thankful when my own store finally opens so I don't have the current commute further to the existing store location.

I have been doing a lot of stress eating lately I'll be very thankful if DH takes all his bread and crappy food when he goes to his mom's house!
Old 08-20-2015, 01:27 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 2"

Karen Sure is hard when temptations are in the house and we are trapped with them! Hope all goes well with the rotation of family members helping to take care of your MIL.

Debbie Your greenhouse will probably do well with your planned floor. Outside, the mulch gradually breaks down and weed seeds land ON TOP but root in the composte made by mulch breaking down. Fabric seems secure, but it is NOT the weeds coming from below that is a problem.

Does that make sense? How I'd love to have cucumbers year around.
Old 08-20-2015, 01:52 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 5"

Debbie, I'll trade a clean, shiny car for a greenhouse!
Please don't take this the wrong way but I'd advise against this: "I might try some cool craps after I get everything finished this year."

Aren't typos great?? I can't tell you how many times my lesson plans have explained the goals for my "studnets"!
Closed Thread